• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Christmas No. 1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 13 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mite isn't losing an argument, is he?[/b]
Nahhhh only if you accept that Grunge started in the mid-eighties.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Soundgarden only had one hit in "Black Hole Sun".[/b]
I object your honour!

And no mention of Stone Temple Pilots puts this whole thread into question

im a big fan of Joe but didnt mind if this got to number 1 until it got personal with some of these socalled 'fans' of ratm

Who's Joe? I'm a big big fan of Rage and I would contribute to this, but I refuse to use online music stores due to the overpriced and poor quality products they sell. I hope RATM can beat that sh**ty X-factor cr*p to number one, as it's just boring to have whatever they release make it to Christmas no. 1. LydiatesGirl, if you'r implying people are just jumping on the bandwagon with this RATM thing, then it's still a much better bandwagon to jump on than the 'give more money to that to**er Cowell' one everyone else does every year.

Dull, Joe is that shitty X-Factor crap. What I can't stand is Cowell saying these people are spitefully trying to ruin 'what should be a celebration for Joe'. Like he's got a God-given right to be Christmas number 1 because he won the ITV Annual Karaoke Competition. The British people get to decide what they want to hear, and what they want as Christmas number 1, and are buying accordingly.
f*** you, we won't do what you tell us.

My main gripe with X-Factor singles is that they are utter drivel some random, warbling piece of junk. I have nowt against Joe, I wanted him to win tbh but I'd be slightly happier if, like the rumors that "Don't stop believing" would be the winners song.

As it is I have bought Killing In The Name of and hope it gets to number one.

Cowell makes money off this either way.

Now he's going to manage our "democracy".

Nothing to do with music. TV is the idiot box.

Cowell doesn't have RATM signed - so he doesn't make money - sony does...

However this isn't a fight against Cowell. This is getting some good music in the Chart, perhaps getting above the drivel like JLS, Cheryl Cole and Average Joe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Dec 19 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cowell doesn't have RATM signed - so he doesn't make money - sony does...

However this isn't a fight against Cowell. This is getting some good music in the Chart, perhaps getting above the drivel like JLS, Cheryl Cole and Average Joe.[/b]
Chart battle to increase sales. No doubt he's got a contract tie-in to increase the controversy.

Every family should gather round the mp3 player at Christmas and scoff their Tesco Meal-Deal. Yummy.

Anyone for Adeste Fideles? No? Shocking!

Probably true. I just think there is enough hype around this to overthrow the X-Factor monopoly. Its getting boring.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 18 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 18 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im a big fan of Joe but didnt mind if this got to number 1 until it got personal with some of these socalled 'fans' of ratm[/b]
Wut yoo mean?
[/b][/quote]
the comments off the rage 'fans' on twitter - wanting Joe and everyone who buys the single dead

There's some in every crowd. Which includes the hollier then thou "I've been supporting Joe since day one and I luv him innit ^_^ <3" spouting the same things in the opposite direction.

Fact is, that X-Factor saw a gap in the market (there's a reason why it's the time it is) and they exploit it. It is a very popular programme and pretty much whoever wins would have a good following. I myself have just auditioned for BGT, and i just find it stinks. It's a TV show, not a talent show.

What i really don't like is the way X-Factor dumbs down the whole concept of the show. The idea is to give a talented singer/band/group a shot at the bigtime.

The problem is, that instead of having an original song released on it's own merits, they just select a song they think is suitable, have it recorded near the end of the show, regardless of who wins off the back of the show. Yeah, cos that's going to help them. They are given the sodding CD single as a prize ffs!

I have nothing against Joe. Seems a nice kid. He can sing. I can't blame him for taking the megabucks as he will be used as much as he uses, but he is a puppet, like all the other carbon copies. I don't really love RATM, and i don't think the song is really that good.. but that's not the point.. it just seems that the usual apathetic UK public have just completely forgotten what the charts used to mean. They are completely unrelated to the quality of music produced. Quite frankly, Robbie Williams could release a single of his weekly farts, and it'd chart at #1. No-one cares about charts. They mean nothing.

If Joe gets #1, it will be a token hit.. not of his own merit and hardwork. That's the sad thing for me. It is so manufactured, like the equivalent of your mechanically reclaimed chicken nuggets. So you might as well have RATM there swearing. Lets see how his next cover does.. in 6 months, he won't even be a Leon Jackson.

It does annoy me that X-Factor has the Christmas #1 sown up as a forgone conclusion. The seems to be something about it like it is taking away peoples freedom of thought and choice. The songs aren't always bad, it's just very unhealthy to have no competition and a monopoly in anything, whether it be rugby, christmas #1 or stripey hippoes.

Put it this way, if x-factor had a rival, it'd be shown up for the pile of **** it is.

ah dammit! I was hoping Lady Gaga would get a surprise win just to p*ss everyone off

Latest posts