Clermont v Wasps

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Clermont%20Auvergne.png
Clermont v Wasps
Wasps.png
</div>

Having taken a weakened side to Munster and suffering a heavy defeat at the hands of the former champions Clermont have made numerous changes from that side bringing back virtually the team which played in the opening game against the Scarlets. So a much stiffer tests awaits the defending champions than what Munster got.

If Wasps pull off this one then qualification should be a given, if not it could give us a mouthwatering game when they come to Thomond Park in January. My hunch though is a home win.

Clermont Auvergne: 15 Anthony Floch, 14 Aurélien Rougerie ©, 13 Marius Joubert, 12 Gonzalo Canale, 11 Julien Malzieu, 10 Brock James, 9 Pierre Mignoni, 8 Elvis Vermeulen, 7 Sam Broomhall, 6 Julien Bonnaire, 5 Thibaut Privat, 4 Jamie Cudmore, 3 Martin Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Laurent Emmanuelli.
Replacements: 16 Mirko Lozupone, 17 Thomas Domingo, 18 Christophe Samson, 19 Alexandre Audebert, 20 John Senio, 21 Alex King, 22 Benoît Baby.

London Wasps: 15 Mark Van Gisbergen, 14 Paul Sackey, 13 Fraser Waters, 12 Riki Flutey, 11 Tom Voyce, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Eoin Reddan, 8 Lawrence Dallaglio ©, 7 James Haskell, 6 John Hart, 5 George Skivington, 4 Simon Shaw, 3 Phil Vickery, 2 Raphael Ibanez, 1 Tim Payne.
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Nick Adams, 18 Richard Birkett, 19 Dan Leo, 20 Simon Amor, 21 Josh Lewsey, 22 Tom Rees

26-24 to Clermont, if it stays like this my prediciton will be 100% accurate!

Although it turned out to not matter, how much of a Turnip was Van-Gisbergen to not sidestep inside for that opportunity earlier, instead attempting to slide in?

Yeah, VanG made a couple of crucial misjudgments - but they were marginal.

No bonus points, so perfect result for Munster.

Amazed that Wasps gave away that try in the end - serves the cynical ******** right.

Loved the way the fans tried to convince the ref about CA's second try - wouldn't happen in soccer.

Only perfect for Munster if they come away with the win this evening.

Will certainly be interesting to see what team Clermont put out next weekend, you'd think they'd go full strength but we'll wait and see.

The Heineken Cup is back on next week? Brilliant! Llanelli shall avenge our loss tonight! :)

well we'll see but in an ideal world, i.e. from a Munster point of view, a Wasps win without the bonus point would be most welcome, provided Munster can take advantage the next day at Thomond.

Tarbh, I sense bitterness.

Munster v Leinster in the knockouts? See you there!

No bitterness, not sure where you're getting that from, as for Munster v Leinster in the knockouts what an embarassing scenario that would be for the IRFU

Latest posts