• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Club Kits

Question if your team could bring back one jersey as a classic retro heritage shirt what would you pick?

I'll start - First the one that should be banished from existence:
Stormers 98.jpg

And then probably the one to bring back that is one of the iconic ones (Though the Fedsure/Investec versions are fairly similar from around '99-'04):
Stormers Investec.jpg

To be honest though, I really like how our current day jerseys are coming out in terms of design. Nicely ties things between Western Province heritage and the Stormers. But I do like when our alternative kits are the black ones that pay a bit of homage back to the early 2000 kits.

Question if your team could bring back one jersey as a classic retro heritage shirt what would you pick?
thats the interesting/funny thing, the CCC super rugby jerseys (96-99) and maybe the first adidas ones (2000) are the only ones that people really remember let alone iconic....Adidas really just used templates for ages and the only design was often in how they used their stripes....which other brands cant replicate

5BAA6874-FBC0-4AC1-A050-F2A1A4D11C7C.jpegB7A347AD-514B-450A-8C8A-475C1DC2A768.jpeg

One of these two. Think the second one is more iconic on the pitch from when Leinster started to pick up big wins in Europe for the first time whereas the first maybe a bit more recognisable as culture thing. I prefer the first and would be incredibly impressed by anyone who can name the player without looking it up.

Latest posts