• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

COD: Black Ops

It looks great I have always liked tryarch better then infinity ward they seem to put more effort into it.

The new zombie mode looks quality,
The people you play as are...interesting :p (i won't say who in case you want to keep it a surprise, but if you google you'll find it)

I was never bothered about this, but the more I've seen of it the more I like the look of it.

Multiplayer looks great - This is an hour long showing off it. http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...of_duty_black_ops20101101&tag=topslot;***le;1

Like the way you have to earn money to buy perks and things. And the ONE IN THE CHAMBER mode looks awesome. You can wager your ingame money with 5 other people and play a game where each person has One bullet with a pistol and a knife and has 3 lives. It makes you stalk your opponents and guess whether they have a bullet left etc. You can accumulate bullets by staying alive. Seems like a good way to earn the cash to buy perks. Well looking forward to this game...

I watched that, finally some online modes I may actually compete in LOL!.

Can't wait for this.

What console are we going for?

Find the people with the most online hours on Mod War 2 would be a solid solution. Not seen anyone play MW2 from here although some scores do show on my friends leaderboard. I'll be getting Black Ops for the PS3. Got a lil over 17 days of MW2 online play, which I thought was lots but some of my butties got 40 days +

I played it on the PS3 for the last couple of days now. Amazing game!

Amazing game, best since COD4 if not better....no probably better. I love it.

I buy these games for the multiplayer but I do enjoy the campaigns. I thought Black Ops was a ***** campaign, very disappointed. I loved MW 1 & 2, although short was still entertained.

I do like the multiplayer but it has framerate issues on many maps and more frustrating is I cannot connect to any of my buddies when invited or when I invite them. Sometimes I can join their session while they are mid game but thats about it. A patch recently came out which was supposed to have addressed this but it definitely hasn't. I have about 30 PSN buddies that have got Black Ops and not managed to connect to one of them (on invite/invited).

This could be a great MP game but those things need to be sorted ASAP (for PS3 anyway). Love the remote control car killstreak, love the Hacker Pro perk (turn enemy equipment you find into your own) and love all the maps (bar the framerate drops).

I buy these games for the multiplayer but I do enjoy the campaigns. I thought Black Ops was a ***** campaign, very disappointed. I loved MW 1 & 2, although short was still entertained.

Really? i'd rate this campaign series as the best of the series. I really enjoyed the storyline

Really? i'd rate this campaign series as the best of the series. I really enjoyed the storyline

Maybe I'm being unfair and grumpy cos the MultiPlayer has disco issues etc, but I just couldn't get into it like the others. Really hope they make a proper patch soon though as would like some time on it before GT5 comes out in a couple of days. Not to be methinks...

Teenager arrested after cyber attack brings online game Call Of Duty crashing down

A teenage computer geek has been arrested for hacking into a best-selling online game to boost his own score.The 17-year-old is accused of bringing Call Of Duty crashing down after launching a cyber attack from his bedroom.

The alleged hacker prevented thousands of fans logging on in a bid to rack up the winning score by preventing anyone better than him killing his character.

article-1337380-0B62534F000005DC-375_468x286.jpg

Call Of Duty: A 17-year-old from Manchester has been arrested after the online version of the game was brought crashing down by a hacker

He then allegedly offered to sell the programme he had used to cripple the site to other players so that they too could attack their competitors and increase their scores.

The teenager was detained at his home in Manchester by the Metropolitan Police's e-Crime unit yesterday on suspicion of offences under the Computer Misuse Act. He remains in police custody for questioning.

Scotland Yard said the game's publishers, Activision, alerted them in September after the site was attacked by a programme called Phenom Booter.

article-1337380-0C0ABD47000005DC-723_233x279.jpg

Cyber crime: Game makers Activision alerted Scotland Yard after the attack

The 'denial of service' attack had bombarded the website with so many messages it ground to a halt.

The disruption to the service left thousands of gamers unable to take part in Call Of Duty: Black Ops for several hours as IT experts battled to get it back up and running.

Officers said they established the attack server was hosted in the UK and further investigation traced the IP address to the Greater Manchester area.
Detective Inspector Paul Hoare said: 'Online gaming is a major retail sector with millions of ***les being sold in the run-up to Christmas worldwide.

'Programmes marketed in order to disrupt the online infrastructure not only affect individual players but have commercial and reputational consequences for the companies concerned.

'These games attract both children and young people to the online environment and this type of crime can often be the precursor to further offending in more traditional areas of online crime.'
The Call Of Duty franchise is among the biggest brands in the gaming industry.

Seven million copies of Call Of Duty: Black Ops were sold within 24 hours of going on sale, making it the fastest-selling video game of all time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rested-hacking-online-game.html#ixzz17i1oHcTZ

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Latest posts