• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coke Zero

O

O'Rothlain

Okay, so this week I've switched my Coke (and/or Dr. Pepper) for Coke Zero. I know that this product has been launched on your side of the pond, so I want to hear your opinions. Firstly, isn't "Zero" sort of an American thing? Wouldn't Coke Zed make more sense? Ah, whatever, we're all becoming the same and loosing our originality anyway.
So, moving forward, I've actually enjoyed the stuff. It's way healthier for me, as it gives me no (or zero I should say...) empty calories. That's good because I'm a bit chubby. I would recomend doing the same. Don't just try it once, as it clearly isn't the same as the hard stuff, but it's so much better than Diet Coke.

Cheers!

coke_zero.jpg

ps - I'm in no way affiliated with Coca~Cola, and this is not an advertisment. I'm just really bored and was admiring my epmty coke zero case as I watched a bit of rugby this morning.

wait a sec......
i have no clue bout this coke... temme more please, what's the difference with the diet? I love diet coke mate... i dunno why, but i do..

Firstly, isn't "Zero" sort of an American thing? Wouldn't Coke Zed make more sense?
[/b]

Eh

I didn't know Zero was an American thing, i thought the whole english speaking world called the number 0 zero.

What would Zed stand for?.... the letter Z?... and how would that make more sense?

You've lost me here.

Anyways, i'm not a fan. I find that all of these diet sodas have the same rancid after taste.

Anyways, i'm not a fan. I find that all of these diet sodas have the same rancid after taste.
[/b]
This actually doesn't have that "diet" aftertaste...IMO.

Meh, it's like Coke spent the last decade trying to develop something to compete with Pepsi Max. Which is a stupid idea.

Jack Daniels and Coke > Normal Coke > Water > Coke Zero = Pepsi Max

I like it. I also like the fact you can drink it by the gallon and it's not bad for you.

I was quite sceptical about this but was pleasantly surprised when I tried this the other day.

I only have one problem with coke zero......It doesn't taste good with Rum or Bourbon :D

I have no idea why it should be called Coke Zed??? Isn't it coke zero as in coke with zero suger...

I drink Diet Coke, being a diabetic and all, and to be honest I'm not a big fan of zero. Personal fav would be pepsi max I must say.

the only problem with diet coke that i have is that after taste, but supposedly you get used to it, coke zero takes you a shorter amount of time to get used to if youre a regular coke fan.

the only problem with diet coke that i have is that after taste, but supposedly you get used to it, coke zero takes you a shorter amount of time to get used to if youre a regular coke fan.
[/b]
I agree 100%. McDonalds just f'd up and gave me diet coke when I asked for Dr. Pepper, and although I don't mind diet coke I still have that aftertaste...not true of Coke Zero.

A McDonalds f up? Never! I mystery shop McDonalds and it provides me with some of the best entertainment that exists!

<div class='quotemain'>

This actually doesn't have that "diet" aftertaste...IMO.
[/b]

What sweetener do they use? Is it one that doesn't 'cause cancer this time?
[/b][/quote]

Nope it gives you Aids instead... Brewed with 95% Pure Hobo

Something supprised the hell out of me today when I was forced to buy a can of this studff (as there was no normal coke in the machine at work); 100ml of Coke zero has 0.5 kcal.... That's less then water! :eek:

it uses aspartame as its main sweetner i think, my dad said it tastes like tab.. i don't see the connection to be honest.

what doesnt give you cancer nowadays?