• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coliseum bringing the Top 14 to NZ

For $5 a month I would consider that. It seems better value than getting the Rugby Channel.

Will be interesting to see how many people watch it... considering there is much more attractive local fare available.

Will be interesting to see how many people watch it... considering there is much more attractive local fare available.

At only $5 a month it's very affordable, and of course it fills in a gap when there's no NZ rugby being played.

hah, finally this is starting. I'm not one to call our league the best or wtvr, not really a question that interests me (to know which is "best", such a silly word) but objectively with teams like Toulon, Clermont amongst the Toulouse, Paris and Racing, what with all the internationals (foreign, or local) there's a lot to watch. It's not (always) as exciting as Aus or NZ teams in terms of the aesthetics of the game, but the quality is certainly there. It was only a matter of time before foreign networks would be interested in it, I reckon the UK have access to it already, and now even NZ. A network planning on airing it, that tells you about the 'attractivity' of the league.
Healthy signs, good stuff. Happy to share what we have here with as many as possible.

For the record, we get Super Rugby here in France too, on a private network obviously, not national TV, but we do. Called in French with guys who know their SR shiit.

hah, finally this is starting. I'm not one to call our league the best or wtvr, not really a question that interests me (to know which is "best", such a silly word) but objectively with teams like Toulon, Clermont amongst the Toulouse, Paris and Racing, what with all the internationals (foreign, or local) there's a lot to watch. It's not (always) as exciting as Aus or NZ teams in terms of the aesthetics of the game, but the quality is certainly there. It was only a matter of time before foreign networks would be interested in it, I reckon the UK have access to it already, and now even NZ. A network planning on airing it, that tells you about the 'attractivity' of the league.
Healthy signs, good stuff. Happy to share what we have here with as many as possible.

For the record, we get Super Rugby here in France too, on a private network obviously, not national TV, but we do. Called in French with guys who know their SR shiit.

Some Top 14 is available in NZ, but only a couple of games a week. It's a further $10 on top of the Sky+Sports package, so it's not cheap!

Would be nice to see what a lot of All Blacks are up to post-competitive rugby. jokes!!

Also nice that I wouldn't have to deal with some of the dodgy streaming that I currently do..

Would be nice to see what a lot of All Blacks are up to post-competitive rugby. jokes!!

Also nice that I wouldn't have to deal with some of the dodgy streaming that I currently do..

Most of it is really is utterly turgid and dour though, at times barely watchable without a stake in it. It's viewing figures are very weak in the UK, lowest of any rugby shown on Sky/BT, apart from something like ITM Cup shown at 6 in the morning.

Might work for a couple of weeks, but I can't see the interest being held for long.

as PD says... unless you have a vested interest there isn't much worth watching.
Maybe in our summer, but I don't see what euro winter rugby is going to offer to the average NZ rugby fan.

Well I've just signed up for a month - I won't miss that $5 much (can't think of why anyone would opt for the season pass at this point in time, given it's 12 times the prices of a month pass...)

I think the key is to pick a team and support them, so I'm running with Toulouse who I've always been fond of.

If it turns to custard and I hate it then it's no big loss!

Once again French rugby has its critics mainly from across the channel, obviously the tele company have not done any homework and this is an absolute gamble by them (common chaps this is risky etc etc ) of course they have done thier homework and realised that this is a great competition so lets get it world wide, the negative comments i have been hearing just the same old anti French rugby bull s*** and Rats when were you an expert in pre-dick-tions " OH it might work for a few weeks DUR " "CLASS"!!!!!!!!!!!!we may have a rubbish National team at this very moment but the TOP 14 as far as club rugby goes is second to none so at least New Zealand amongst other countries will be able to join it for may good reasons. i await your comments but more or less know them before they arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love watched Top 14 rugby, although wouldn't say the quality is as high as Super rugby. Still, I'm wondering what the streaming is like? I tried Premier League Pass and it was so rubbish I had to cancel.

wasn't going to bother but well said gastoni. You hear some people talk about the Top 14, it's the most disgusting thing, the worst league in the world :lol: I'm all for the occasional idiotic bias but this is special. There's this new anti-Top 14 relentlessness since about 2-3 years ago which wasn't there before, it's quite interesting.
I remember some member on here talking about Brad Thorn's accomplishments, how he'd won everything - mentioned all leagues, but left out the Top 14. Utterly the ostrich's head buried in sand. "but what about the Bouclier de Brennus, they say it's one of the hardest if not the hardest to earn for a Rugby playe.... - NO, NO !! NO !! lalalalalala, can't hear you, lalalala !!"
:p adorable.

Once again French rugby has its critics mainly from across the channel

Pack it in you chippy ****.

I clearly said "euro winter rugby".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************

edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Pack it in you chippy ****.

I clearly said "euro winter rugby.........

you said and i quote "it might work for a couple of weeks but it won't last for long" so you are obviously more knowlegable than the TV company who are going to show the TOP 14 in NZ. just pure negatif but this doesn't surprise me coming from you....I'd just love you to explain why it is not going to work and if it does, only 2 weeks, such an expert i advise you to get in touch with the tv company and warn them of the massive mistakes they are making.

you did say Euro winter rugby as well but that is of no interest.........what really makes me laugh with some of you guys, knock the French and their club rugby but why oh why are the worlds best players coming to play, and please do not mention money as most of you have not a clue what some of the players earn you just follow drivel that is written in the press about the players who are paid the most irrespective of what the majority of the players are actually paid thinking this is all gospel truth.I have never seen so many experts on French rugby gathered in one place at any one time

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I didn't categorically state it wasn't going to work. I clearly framed what I said as an opinion.
I think it might be reasonably successful initially, but that the gloss of it's niche may wear thin very quickly.

Of course what I actually said isn't of any interest to you, is it? How silly of me.
Your ability to distort what people say into criticism of France/the French/Top14 is infantile.

I didn't categorically state it wasn't going to work. I clearly framed what I said as an opinion.
I think it might be reasonably successful initially, but that the gloss of it's niche may wear thin very quickly.

Of course what I actually said isn't of any interest to you, is it? How silly of me.
Your ability to distort what people say into criticism of France/the French/Top14 is infantile.

I doubt the pretty turgid slogs (which is mostly what the Top 14 is) on early in the morning NZ time will be attracting great numbers. French domestic rugby certainly doesn't attract great numbers in the UK (lower than Super Rugby, Championship rugby or Women's internationals), and there's more familiarity there with the teams in the Champions Cup.

"it might work for a couple of weeks but it won't last long" if that is saying its going to work i may have to go back and study English or is it now negatifs making positives, nothing is being distorted you actually wrote it i think differently to you so i try and explain but comments like infantile and its not the first time you make comments of this nature, if you dont like France and French rugby say so, be a man continual snide remarks of absolutely no value, its an adult world but you are still in the playground please leave the unpleantries for others. you even distort your own words just give it a rest my son it all becomes as you say infantile and boring!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts