• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Cardiff Blues

Blues had a terrible early season last year, no?
Bit early to say they are falling to pieces.

Though a loss to Connacht sure is something to worry about...
The lesser Welsh regions are showing the way currently. Or, after tonight, perhaps only the Dragons. :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The lesser Welsh regions are showing the way currently. Or, after tonight, perhaps only the Dragons. :huh:[/b]

not as bad as this though, at least they had some form going into the Heineken Cup, got a draw against Leinster and 1 or 2 other wins.

I belive I'm right in saying Cardiff wheren't beaten in last year's HEC. If they can manage that off the back of the poor seaosn they're having, then it'll be amazing. They certainly won't win the Magners Leauge if they continue like this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The lesser Welsh regions are showing the way currently. Or, after tonight, perhaps only the Dragons. :huh:[/b]

In the first 3 games of last season we drew with Leinster, lost to the Ospreys and beat Ulster.
This season we've lost to Edinburgh, Munster and Connacht. Bit of a diference. am hoping we cn pick it up against the Scarlets next week, I should be actually going to that one too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the first 3 games of last season we drew with Leinster, lost to the Ospreys and beat Ulster.
This season we've lost to Edinburgh, Munster and Connacht. Bit of a diference. am hoping we cn pick it up against the Scarlets next week, I should be actually going to that one too.
[/b][/quote]

Still apart from Munster if ye want to be seen as a team challengin in europe ye should be beating Edinburgh at home and Connacht away

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Still apart from Munster if ye want to be seen as a team challengin in europe ye should be beating Edinburgh at home and Connacht away
[/b][/quote]

in fairness any team wanting to challenge for the ***le should also be beating Munster at home especially without their internationals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 20 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

in fairness any team wanting to challenge for the ***le should also be beating Munster at home especially without their internationals.
[/b][/quote]

No cant agree because i think yeah they should be challenging us but in thomond park or even RDS for that matter because Munster and Leinster are way ahead in developments like in professional era. Like look at back-up options munster and leinster have ... majority would make any other team in ML

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No cant agree because i think yeah they should be challenging us but in thomond park or even RDS for that matter because Munster and Leinster are way ahead in developments like in professional era. Like look at back-up options munster and leinster have ... majority would make any other team in ML[/b]

Right........................ cough[biased]cough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 20 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No cant agree because i think yeah they should be challenging us but in thomond park or even RDS for that matter because Munster and Leinster are way ahead in developments like in professional era. Like look at back-up options munster and leinster have ... majority would make any other team in ML
[/b][/quote]

I said they should be looking to beat them at home not away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 20 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 20 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I said they should be looking to beat them at home not away.
[/b][/quote]

That what I saying like does anyone else not think that there is major difference in squad depth between irish provinces and welsh regions.
Like if it was Munster 2nd string vs Cardiff 2nd string in Thomond who would you pick. I acknowledge if it in Cardiff that different story all together

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 20 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 20 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No cant agree because i think yeah they should be challenging us but in thomond park or even RDS for that matter because Munster and Leinster are way ahead in developments like in professional era. Like look at back-up options munster and leinster have ... majority would make any other team in ML[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Well i'd agree with you largely...but Cardiff and Ospreys are suffering alot worse than Leinster and Munster in the post Lions season. Saying that the O's will probably win the Hcup now just to spite me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 20 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 20 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Well i'd agree with you largely...but Cardiff and Ospreys are suffering alot worse than Leinster and Munster in the post Lions season. Saying that the O's will probably win the Hcup now just to spite me.
[/b][/quote]

Well wouldn't begrudge them if they do and that my point I know at full strength they very good but For ospreys (despite good depth in back-row) they don't have the depth of Munster or Leinster like look at 2nd row back-up for provinces (Cullen/O'Kelly, M.O'Driscoll, D. Ryan, D.Toner) and in back-line division both provinces are way more equipped to deal with injuries

Don't agree. At the moment the Irish public is way overrating it's players. Take Ryan and Toner for example. If these boys were as good as they're being made out to be shouldn't they be starting in the big games at this stage. Donnacha Ryan is 25 for gods sake and all Toner has to do is dislodge an ageing O'Kelly and Leo "never been international standard" Cullen yet neither of them have made the breakthrough.

I've always considered Ospreys to have the best depth in the magners league in the backs (after Leinster who are just ridiculous) and they never seem weak upfront so I'd have to agree with Feicarsinn that we're overrating some of the youth.

I think the Irish and Welsh pool of depth is about the same at the moment,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 20 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't agree. At the moment the Irish public is way overrating it's players. Take Ryan and Toner for example. If these boys were as good as they're being made out to be shouldn't they be starting in the big games at this stage. Donnacha Ryan is 25 for gods sake and all Toner has to do is dislodge an ageing O'Kelly and Leo "never been international standard" Cullen yet neither of them have made the breakthrough.[/b]

True but he is 4th choice behind D.O'C, Paulie and Micko and Toner is adequate for 4th choice but think you been awful unfair on Cullen.
Personally I don't rate big Mal but Cullen is a powerful act and would have had more involvement in International side except he was producing goods in England and Eddie at time didnt rate Guinness PL. But back to point i not saying that Donnacha Ryan should be starter just that he is better back up option than what ospreys 4th choice option may be

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 20 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've always considered Ospreys to have the best depth in the magners league in the backs (after Leinster who are just ridiculous) and they never seem weak upfront so I'd have to agree with Feicarsinn that we're overrating some of the youth.

I think the Irish and Welsh pool of depth is about the same at the moment,[/b]

I think it debateable in backs department as I think Munster are rivalling now but was just mainly concentrating on Forwards and basing also on if ye remember summer tour the welsh been down to bare minimum in pack for US tour

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 20 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dunno Wyn-Jones, Evans, Gough and Bateman are all good locks.[/b]

Fair point but in my opinion in that order v this order Paulie, Donnacha, Mick O'D, Cullen. I would possibly say Ireland win 3-1 with Gough topping Micko marginally

Although it easy to say on paper but rate Wyn-Jones very highly just think he needs more bulk as was shown in Lions tests but think while Shaw was class act when used Wyn-Jones was slightly made scape goat by some when it was simply the 2 locks were too similar

Latest posts