• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could this be the end of rc2006?

G

gjohn85

From GameSpot website;

Bad times hit Canadian game publisher as solution for economic woes eludes them.
After failing to strike a last-minute deal to bolster its shaky finances, Hip Interactive said it has ceased operations and would close its doors completely in short order. The company said this morning that "discussions with a third party to provide interim relief in respect of the Company's immediate financing needs were not successful."

Hip Interactive officials said the company no longer had the means to pay its debts.

Last week, investors were alerted that the company was in default on its secured loan. While it attempted to find alternate means to placate lenders, absent the means to make certain payments on loans outstanding, its primary source of funding, Congress Financial Corp., asked the Canadian court to declare the publisher bankrupt.

Hip Interactive's board of directors has resigned, and an Ontario court has appointed Ernst & Young Inc. as interim receiver under the Canadian Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.

The company and its subsidiaries will continue to operate during the proceedings, albeit under the oversight of the interim receiver, or bankruptcy administrator.

The publisher had a number of high-profile games on its upcoming slate including Call of Cthulhu: Destiny's End, George Romero's City of the Dead, and Jackie Chan Adventures. There has been no word on which publishers are in line to pick up those and other games due from Hip.

By Curt Feldman -- GameSpot
POSTED: 07/11/05 01:56 PM PST

This may be the cause for Ian or Trev not to post about RC2006, just incase the game may not see the light at the end of the tunnel.

According the Hip Interactice Europe, all scheduled games will still be released on time, so we should still see RC2006.

Hmm, Swordfish's rugby game publishers both go bankrupt.

Hopefully they can get someone more reliable like Codemasters to pick it up next time.

well I am sure we will see the game as swordfish were recently bought by vivendi and they have lots of cash so if worse comes to worse vivendi will publish the game if swordfish can't find someone else.

if only EA would publish Swordfish's games thenwe'd hav ethe best of both worlds - gameplay plus options and licenses!

no keep EA as far away from it as possible I want at least one decent rugby game not one completely earized one.

Originally posted by robbinho@Jul 14 2005, 12:40 AM
if only EA would publish Swordfish's games thenwe'd hav ethe best of both worlds - gameplay plus options and licenses!
but world championship rugby sucked.

so I don't understand.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 19 2005, 01:56 AM
Just think how EA ballsed up Burnout - They'd do the same here.
How has Ea ballsed up Burnout. I think they have improved the game.

Until they team up with Konami, it will be some time before the rugby game we would all like to see can possibly be achieved.

ian and trev shud go to microsoft game studios and keep it on the xbox
....i reckon wif a billion dollar company behind them they wont hav problems....and microsoft makes **** sports games altogether so if they fail(which i hope they wont...coz jonah lomu rugby is still the king!)..they wont look outa place lol

except for the tennis game which is awesome
DAYUM ANNA KORNA-CHIROPRACTOR-COVA
hollla!!!

Latest posts