• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Covid-19 cases continue to spike here in America. We still have too many selfish idiots who aren't taking it seriously. I told one off at the market today. :mad: Selfishness sucks!

Last edited:
Covid-19 cases continue to spike here in America. We still have too many selfish idiots who aren't taking it seriously. I told one off at the market today. :mad: Selfishness sucks!

Unfortunately, it'll only get worse in the short term what with Xmas and New year coming up.

Until that is until the Vaccines are rolled out extensively and shown to infer immunity.

Just listening to Andy Burnham on radio 4. He makes a very good point about 3 families mixing and putting even more strain on the NHS. If mixing families for Christmas means we are back in lockdown in Jan Feb then it shouldn't happen. Christmas is just another day and not a reason to cause another spike.

The 3 houses mixing is a nonsense. The Virus doesn't care if it is Xmas.
Yup - it's pure politics.
On a political perspective, I can kinda see it - A] BJ doesn't want his resume showing that he cancelled Christmas; B] If he doesn't ease the rules, then too many people will just ignore them and do whatever they want.

I'm not sure the 3 household thing solves either of those issues; whilst it will increase spread (by how much remains to be seen) - which makes it about par for the course for the UK's response - a "compromise" between the science and the politics, that mitigates the very worst of each, but is tough to tell by how much, and throwing us all back in the **** for 28 days later

lets all just vaccinated and have a massive summer party.
No no.
Vaccines bad
Vaccines contain formaldehyde (just enough so that it can actually reach you, but hey) and microchips that will control your thought processes...

No no.
Vaccines bad
Vaccines contain formaldehyde (just enough so that it can actually reach you, but hey) and microchips that will control your thought processes...
That's the big joke in all this, you have anti-maskers who say the vaccine is the best bet forgetting the similarly large number of anti-vaxxers. Some people are probably in both camps and just seem to be anti anything to promote health.

No no.
Vaccines bad
Well if something can control my thought process then I'm for it because I make a hash of it on a daily basis

That's the big joke in all this, you have anti-maskers who say the vaccine is the best bet forgetting the similarly large number of anti-vaxxers. Some people are probably in both camps and just seem to be anti anything to promote health.
I suspect that the Venn Diagram is pretty much a perfect circle

While I'm sure it is safe I reckon there has been some political pressure to make sure we're 'first' to approve it.
We won't have been the only nation to be of that mindset. The entire get a vaccine has been a scramble since day 1.

Hopefully this will the sign of normality coming the issue is going rollout with supply and demand. March/April at the earliest I suspect and it might be tad longer.

While I'm sure it is safe I reckon there has been some political pressure to make sure we're 'first' to approve it.

It's so the Conservatives can put a Union flag on the vaccine which can then be distributed out to other countries - a form of mini colonialism

*Joking

We won't have been the only nation to be of that mindset. The entire get a vaccine has been a scramble since day 1.

Hopefully this will the sign of normality coming the issue is going rollout with supply and demand. March/April at the earliest I suspect and it might be tad longer.
TBh it's not even just the political pressure that I'm sure ministers will have put on them, we also need this because we're in one of the worst situations in the world compared to other countries. The conservatives have completely botched the pandemic response. There doesn't seem to be any hope of getting test and trace to work effectively. The whole country needs this vaccine as a magic bullet to stop the crisis. I'm sure the regulators know this as well and so knew they had to speed it up anyway, because the situation was not improving.

It's so the Conservatives can put a Union flag on the vaccine which can then be distributed out to other countries - a form of mini colonialism

*Joking
I'm sure they would like to. I imagine America got there first though.

Latest posts