• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Interesting brand partnership going on right now between the Exeter Chiefs and Facebook groups filled with mums who insist the vaccine is a microchip and they will never let their beautiful infant son Braelyn near it.

You can see Craig Doyle and Ugo Monye just dying on the inside while Baxter is stumbling through.

I mean you can definitely tell Baxter thinks hes as mad as a box of frogs for thinking it

Sounds like France will open their border again today (or announce today/open tomorrow or whatever the correct procedure is)

Easter officially ******.

PM: We can look forward to a different world by Easter
Boris Johnson
PA MediaCopyright: PA Media
Pippa Crerar of the Mirror asks why the whole country isn't in lockdown. She also asks why the PM keeps "over promising and under delivering".

Sir Patrick Vallance says it is the case that the virus will spread more and adds that "measures are going to need to be increased in due course not reduced".

Boris Johnson says keeping the country in perpetual lockdown would have been disastrous.

"We can look forward to a very different world from Easter onwards," he adds.

Sounds like France will open their border again today (or announce today/open tomorrow or whatever the correct procedure is)
Most freight is still coming in its just the stuff with a driver attached to it that's not moving. Think the government said that makes up 20% although that's normally the most perishable stuff

So, second variant from SA. Is Bojo's Govt. going to wait until they put the whole country back into lockdown.
**** we ****** up the borders by blaming the late lockdown on the variant.....ummmm quick has someoe else get one 'ah SA that'll do'

Its not that I don't believe the variant exists I just have a sneaky suspicion its impact is overstated and its actually **** poor measures that are the real effect.

**** we ****** up the borders by blaming the late lockdown on the variant.....ummmm quick has someoe else get one 'ah SA that'll do'

Its not that I don't believe the variant exists I just have a sneaky suspicion its impact is overstated and its actually **** poor measures that are the real effect.
Well they've banned flights from SA, which is a start. But had they got the testing in place from outgoings and incoming to begin with and not just tell and hope people who have come from SA to begin with to self isolate. What happens if they don't?

Are we going to get into yet another situation with the other variant where the Govt just watched numbers rise since September and still rely on tiers system, which clearly hasn't worked.

But yes, Bojo's attention now turned to a Brexit deal and marvel and Pat themselves on the back for that.

New round of tiers tomorrow, is it?

Hoping we stay in tier 3, apparently Staffordshire's cases have actually dropped since last lockdown (only by 10 per 100k and figures stop on Christmas day...) but I could see a lot of places being bumped to tier 4 - and proximity to Coventry/Birmingham and also Stoke (technically Stoke is classed as it's own area in covid terms but is still in Staffs) has seen us have harsher measures before

I think they need to look at all schools including primary. I'm in Essex and just before Christmas there was a large increase in positive cases even amongst primary schools with some having to shut completely. They won't because the economy can't handle it, but if children are now transmitting it, then keeping schools open means tiers are almost irrelevant. Especially as there is almost zero social distancing in schools.

Talk of a tier 5 needed to combat this new strain. How about proper enforcement of tier 4 before?
Not to mention actually collecting the numbers from tier 4.

In genuinely good news though, the AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use - first doses to be delivered on Monday

On a personal note, still no news on whether I count as a "frontline health care professional" or not.

Not to mention actually collecting the numbers from tier 4.

In genuinely good news though, the AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use - first doses to be delivered on Monday

On a personal note, still no news on whether I count as a "frontline health care professional" or not.
Yep, latest Government data only covers up to Xmas Eve. My post code area showed positive cases of 84 in the 7 days to the 24th or a rate of 840 per 100,000.

Good news on Astra Zeneca vaccine . That should and needs to be rolled out a lot faster being only one dose and no need to store it at -70 degrees C.

Latest posts