• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Not a fan of how the government have handled things but 2.4 million vaccines shouldn't be sniffed at
Well I'm shocked they managed in the first week, let's hope that keeps up.

Although I'm less inclined to praise the government who just managed to give a figure that was actually doable this timr. Praise has to all the civil servants and NHS staff who went into planning it, giving accurate figures in what could be done and somehow being listened to.

Ah wait that number came from Johnson in a offhand interview and not any official figure tally....now I'm being cautious as **** in even the praise I have given.

Certainly ramping it up now, which is great to see.

Saw some professor, or medical journalist or something, on twitter did the maths and says that the 2million people (it's 2m people, 400k of which have had a second jab) who have been vaccinated (considering the vast majority are in the most at-risk categories) equates to 48,000 lives saved.

Ah wait that number came from Johnson in a offhand interview and not any official figure tally....now I'm being cautious as **** in even the praise I have given.
Weren't we promissed a daily tally of vaccines? Maybe this hasn't been rolled out yet. I've read a few people noting that a number of ministers have been pointedly talking about the number of vaccines offered to people, rather than administered, so it's on the cards that the figures will be fudged this way, rather like counting a throat swab and a nose swab as two tests or individual gloves as one piece of PPE rather than a pair. I'm not sure what offering someone a vaccination does to improve matters!

Weren't we promissed a daily tally of vaccines? Maybe this hasn't been rolled out yet. I've read a few people noting that a number of ministers have been pointedly talking about the number of vaccines offered to people, rather than administered, so it's on the cards that the figures will be fudged this way, rather like counting a throat swab and a nose swab as two tests or individual gloves as one piece of PPE rather than a pair. I'm not sure what offering someone a vaccination does to improve matters!
Oh dear god that's what they've done haven't they.......I thought they might not have screwed this one up for 5 seconds.

We are supposed to get official figures at some time today.

View attachment 9088

They bloody love a spreadsheet - that really should be a word document/pdf, or even just figures on a webpage ha
I presume it's the same over there that they've hired a bunch of management consulting firms to help with the roll out. If consultants have their way spreadsheets will save the world, strange excel loving ********.

Not a fan of how the government have handled things but 2.4 million vaccines shouldn't be sniffed at
My mother had her first jab at the weekend - all very well organised and quick. My uncle had had both of his.

Johnson should be taken apart for some of his (in)actions last year. That's done and, sadly, can't be put right.

What is in his hands now is the vaccination programme and we're in a much much better place than so many other countries and seemingly heading in the right direction. That's very good news although still some rough weeks to come. But no complacency, the more the jabs can be ramped up the better.

My mother had her first jab at the weekend - all very well organised and quick. My uncle had had both of his.

Johnson should be taken apart for some of his (in)actions last year. That's done and, sadly, can't be put right.

What is in his hands now is the vaccination programme and we're in a much much better place than so many other countries and seemingly heading in the right direction. That's very good news although still some rough weeks to come. But no complacency, the more the jabs can be ramped up the better.
What people should be doing is taking him apart for the deaths that are happening now. For me personally, while there are many contributing factors, I put it solely down to one major issue. The complete and utter failure of test and trace. If that had worked anywhere near properly we could have managed the virus, even with the new strain. The reason the situation is as bad as it is is because at no point were officials ever truly aware of how quickly the virus was spreading. That's why it took 3 months to react to something that was happening in September.

What people should be doing is taking him apart for the deaths that are happening now.
This

Christmas and coming out of the November lockdown are the direct contributing factors into the current daily death and infection rates. I'm not going praise him too much for not over promising once and as noted its likely he had very little to do with it like most large firms senior management are usually involved in cockups, successes are usually driven by people further down the line. All the government have managed to do is not over inflate targets for a change.

I still can't get over how the government spent £12bn on the failed test and trace app.
You could go to the Comp Sci department of any Uni in the country and get a bunch of phd/masters hell even undergrad students to make one for a few crates of beer and a crunchyroll subscription.

So many opportunities to get contact track and trace properly up and running last year - cough August "eat out to help out" cough- .Remember Reading at one point the tracers were largely kicking their heels and not tracing anyone. NHS Tracing app - anyone else used regularly when they were out in shops/supermarkets?

It's bizarre how little coverage Track and Track gets these days, although I did read a headline saying that it failed to contact 30,000 people who tested positive in the week leading up to Christmas! Given the government's apparent willingness to u-turn, I'm surprised that it hasn't been mothballed and devolved down to a local level.

Does Dido Harding still exist? I wonder if she's in a bunker somewhere avoiding being held to account.

It's bizarre how little coverage Track and Track gets these days, although I did read a headline saying that it failed to contact 30,000 people who tested positive in the week leading up to Christmas! Given the government's apparent willingness to u-turn, I'm surprised that it hasn't been mothballed and devolved down to a local level.

Does Dido Harding still exist? I wonder if she's in a bunker somewhere avoiding being held to account.

Lolz

As I've said for me this failure is probably the worst out of everything. If this was working, while the virus would be still around, we wouldn't be in such an awful situation. Other decisions have contributed, but without this there was never any hope of controlling the virus.

Will we ever get a public enquiry into all of this ? 2022 or even 2023 - 1 year out from a General election?

Will we ever get a public enquiry into all of this ? 2022 or even 2023 - 1 year out from a General election?

There must be, although it should just be one part of an inquiry into general government corruption and mishandling of public spending on contracts. I saw a post about what's happening with the poverty funding, the private companies overseeing the food to the poor are taking most of the contract funding and pocketing it and then massively cheaping out on the food itself, to the extent it isn't fit for purpose.

138644476_3846963465347756_3613507341986485162_o.jpg

Latest posts