• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

From what I've been reading today the vaccine rollout has been a **** show,

GPs promised doses before Christmas still waiting on them to arrive now,
Other surgeries just keep getting their arrival date moved back further and further,
People told their vaccine date then the night before getting told their appointment has been cancelled because of lack of supplies
Against the grain but I think we need to cut a little slack here. It's a monumental and unprecedented logistical operation with lots of moving parts, its still early days and with something of this scale there are bound to be issues that make easy headlines. It's in everyone's interests to get this in as many arms as poss and the important thing is that lessons are quickly learned so the whole process becomes quicker and slicker.

While the virus is bad here, vaccination wise we're in a far better position than so many other countries.

Against the grain but I think we need to cut a little slack here.
I don't,
It's the problem with having woefully inexperienced people in charge of very important roll outs/logistical operations.

It's a monumental and unprecedented logistical operation with lots of moving parts
Which is why it shouldn't be in the hands of some Eton boy who is only in the role because he lost soggy biscuit to Bojo

Hell hand it over to the royal logistics corps if they can't work out how to distribute it nationwide, because at the moment they're massively behind.
Pfizer have confirmed there's no delay in the manufacture of the vaccines nor it reaching UK shores - it's solely the UK side distribution that is failing.

So far we've done 1.3million since December 8th, and BoJo claims we'll be doing 2m a week by next month - obviously the Oxford vaccine changes things massively, but I can't see how we're going to more than quadruple output when we're struggling massively as it is.

Last edited:
They've had 11months to plan this operation we all knew it was coming at some point.

So nope not giving this government slack for ******** the bed yet again like they have at every other stage in the Pandemic. They got some last March but now I've long past my patience.

If the 2 million doses was realistic and set attainable goals for where they are they might have got some. But nope Johnson repeated it again today and said it was doable. So yup he deserves to be held to the fact he can't do it.

Have stopped listening to this Governments targets until they can properly deliver. Too many wild targets last year - Bojo's 12 weeks and confident can turn the tide prediction and Operation Moonshot both went well didn't they? :rolleyes:

You guys do know how far ahead the rest of Europe we are right?
Look I'm not the person who set the unrealistic target of 2 million doses a week from this week. Take it up with that guy I'm holding him to the standard he set himself.

And it's not the first ******* time he's done it during the Pandemic

You guys do know how far ahead the rest of Europe we are right?
Just because others are doing worse doesn't mean we have to be happy with how badly we're handling it.
We also had a two week head start on the rest of Europe - we started on 8th Dec, EU on 22nd.

Edit:
Just reading now, the Tories are already back tracking on the 2million a week target. They're now saying that that's not their TARGET that's just what they'd need to be doing to get out of the **** by March. Even though BoJo specifically said it was the target.
They're also only delivering the vaccine six days a week, and have delivery cutoffs at midday, despite hospitals/GPs not receiving enough and there being more vaccines available to be delivered.
They've also snubbed pharmacies who have offered their services to perform vaccinations (i.e. the places you can get flu vaccinations) - and they have the capacity/staff to vaccinated 1m people across 11,400 locations per week.

There really is no excuse not to be caning the Oxford vaccine out 24/7 atm. It's intramuscular and doesn't require observation after.

Last edited:
You guys actually have contained the ******* thing you need it 'less'
a counter point would be we should be rewarded for actually taking it as seriously as it needed to be

UK government/******** % of the population take the **** for a year...get the vaccine earier than most, back to normal, we take it seriously but have to keep living under some form of restriction for another 6 months to a year

That's something to take up with your Government, they're yet to approve the vaccine (any of them, AFAIK)

Around 2,000 non-masked Trumpanzees stormed the US Capitol building in what also became a Covid-19 super spreader event. What a bunch of selfish morons! :eek:

Last edited:
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has declared a "major incident" over the increase of Covid-19 cases in the capital's hospitals.

Mr Khan said: "The situation in London is now critical with the spread of the virus out of control."

"I have declared a major incident in London because the threat this virus poses to our city is at crisis point."

"One in 30 Londoners now has Covid-19. If we do not take immediate action now, our NHS could be overwhelmed and more people will die."

1 in 30 ffs. That's scary

Moderna vaccine got authorized for use. 17 million ordered but not expected until Spring. Can't come soon enough.

Grim news, especially as last year there was talk of keeping the numbers under 20,000. At the rate it's going we're going to breach 100k.

Education is turning into a joke. Government expand criteria so that so schools might well as not be closed.

From what I saw on the news last night, yesterday was our worst day in regards to deaths since this pandemic began. The vaccination process is taking much longer than expected. But of course, were still living under the Trumpanzee administration. He's hasn't even mentioned Covid-19 in 2021. All he talks about is the "rigged" election. :rolleyes:

So this 2nd wave has been terrible here in my hometown.

The local hospitals are filled to capacity with more than 200 active patients recieiving intensive care in each hospital. Then then amount of people in self isolation at home are are triple that.

Yesterday we received the terrible news that 3 of my parents' close friends lost someone due to the virus, all 3 of them were over 70 years old.

Myself and my family just came out of self-isolation after my wife tested positive, but it appears that her test was a false-positive, as 3 days after she tested positive, the lab phoned back and said didn't have Covid. Our doctor nonetheless told us to remain in self-isolation for the incubation period, just to be safe, and ride it out. Her symptoms were nausea, headaches and loss of taste and smell.

Latest posts