• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Wife just got jabbed at local surgery (which makes you wonder why Which_Tyler had to go through so much pain). Pretty slick operation from what she told me.

Now I just wish I had some small underlying condition rather than waiting a few more months.

Wife just got jabbed at local surgery (which makes you wonder why Which_Tyler had to go through so much pain). Pretty slick operation from what she told me.

Now I just wish I had some small underlying condition rather than waiting a few more months.

Per the Times you should only have to wait til at least 10 June to be offered your first jab.

Yeh I found it very slick where I live. Just waiting for me second jab now. By mid May if the 12 weeks is kept to.

Per the Times you should only have to wait til at least 10 June to be offered your first jab.

Yeh I found it very slick where I live. Just waiting for me second jab now. By mid May if the 12 weeks is kept to.
Just been able to book both of mine. First is next Saturday then my second in June.

Oh yes fingers crossed for a good summer

Wife just got jabbed at local surgery (which makes you wonder why Which_Tyler had to go through so much pain).
It looks like when you book it plays a big part,
There's a vaccine centre about 5 mins from my parents, but when my Mom got her letter through when she went on the website (in the afternoon) the closest she could get was a 40min drive and over a week away
She bumped into a friend walking the dog the next morning who said they'd booked theirs for the local vaccination place - my mom went home, cancelled her one for 10days away and there were tons of spots at the local one for as close as two days away

I don't know how they release the slots because there were far too many for it to be cancellations

Yeh and if you book a slot say at 12.15pm like I did just turn up when the vacc centre opens on day of appointment. It was 9.30am at my local one on a Saturday. They prefer you to turn and get it done than not. As long as you're on the list and As long as everyone doesn't turn up at once you should be ok.

Because mine was done based on profession, not age / co-morbidity; and they really weren't set up to recognise that "healthcare worker" extended beyond "NHS worker"
Which meant that my invite wasn't an invite; my employment status made no sense to the system; and I couldn't show an NHS ID card at any point.

It was always a bug in the system where reality clashes harshly with over-simplification (as opposed to the role-out as a whole, which has been brilliant). It also allows me to understand why they just don't want to go there with other professions like Police or teachers.

I meant the rigmoral in where you had to go considering they are now vaccinating people in essentially the center of town.
They were always vaccinating people in the centre of town - just not me (unless I waited my turn on age, rather than professinal risk).
Of course, as soon as I allerted them to being eligible by profession, I ceased to be eligible by age; as I was shoved into a different system that didn't know what to do with me.

My mum was supposed to get her first vaccine tomorrow, she does meals on wheels and was classed as priority, but it's been cancelled over the fear of AZ causing clots that originated in Norway.

@Alpha Bro yeh read Ireland suspended it too.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...zeneca-covid-vaccine-over-blood-clot-concerns

I had the Astra. Apart from bruised arm, feeling fatigue for couple of days after. I was fine. So was sister and mum who had it and couple of women at work in their late 40s/50s they were all fine as well apart from a few side effects. Very small sample.

But yeh this blood clots needs to be investigated and gotten to the bottom off; hopefully before my second jab.

Last edited:
I didn't realise that the blood clotting thing was so serious (as in: causing countries to halt rollout), there's been so few cases of it happening, especially compared to how many 10s of millions of shots administered

AZ, EMA and UK all saying there's nothing to worry about, but I can understand concern I guess

According to the WHO, there is no link that can be made between the vaccine and blood clots. Definitely worth checking considering how many vaccines are being administered.

I had the Astra. Apart from bruised arm, feeling fatigue for couple of days after. I was fine. So was sister and mum who had it and couple of women at work in their late 40s/50s they were all fine as well apart from a few side effects. Very small
My mum had her first AZ vaccine a week ago here in Poland (as well as a couple colleagues of her). She had a fever during the night after it,but it was ok finally. Next vaccine should be mid-May
I think I'll have to wait for years to get mine here...:(

Didn't Pfizer have a similar results to AZ?

I don't know I don't want to get full time foil but feel there is a reason to AZ getting IMO disproportionate about of press compared to Pfizer

I had my first AZ jab on Saturday morning. Apart from a small bruise on my arm the only side effect was severe hallucinations in the afternoon when I swore blind I'd seen England playing some running rugby.

Of course they've got to look at the clotting to ensure there's no link, but the roll out scale is such that whatever medical condition you can think of its almost certain that some people are going to develop it shortly post jab.

Didn't Pfizer have a similar results to AZ?

I don't know I don't want to get full time foil but feel there is a reason to AZ getting IMO disproportionate about of press compared to Pfizer
I thought that at first too to be honest but it originated in Norway so outside EU and was due to .15% of people who received it getting clots.

Now of that was the mortality rate of the vaccine, which isn't even proven, I don't think it's any reason to stop it, it's still a reduction in deaths but if it can cause more damage long term I'd be worried which I'm sure is what they're looking for.

Latest posts