• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Guardian piece by David Spiegelhalter. His back of fag packet calcs:
*30 cases of thrombosis reported soon after vaccination, out of 5 million vaccinations
*normal rate of DVT in UK is 1 in 1000 people per year
*for 5 million people that would be 100 cases per week.

Guardian piece by David Spiegelhalter. His back of fag packet calcs:
*30 cases of thrombosis reported soon after vaccination, out of 5 million vaccinations
*normal rate of DVT in UK is 1 in 1000 people per year
*for 5 million people that would be 100 cases per week.
BBC reporting 37 cases in 17m doses.

Today's stand up (online) meeting resulted in the entire team yelling at a guy not going to get his over this.

BBC reporting 37 cases in 17m doses.

Today's stand up (online) meeting resulted in the entire team yelling at a guy not going to get his over this.
Unless there is something huge that we're not being told about, it seems like a massive overreaction.

Just read a quote from the Italian director General of medicines authority calling it a political decision.

So, like....can we have the vaccines these 11 countries don't want to use?
America is sat on 10m of them, as well, and they've not even approved it for use yet

Yeah it really does look like we're screwed with supply of this stuff so anything we can do to give ourselves more time would be beneficial.

If the media were part of some grand conspiracy to hide the truth from us I imagine it would a scandal for the ages.

America is sat on 10m of them, as well, and they've not even approved it for use yet
I don't know if we need them my understanding is were running at full jabbing capacity and don't actually have a supply issue (yet).

Blimey, just reading about our vaccine rate atm - didn't realise how well it was going
565k people vaccinated on Saturday, with that number expected to be dwarfed by what they'll do this week

Over 50% of adults expected to be vaccinated by the end of the week - target is 5million doses administered this week
I don't know if we need them my understanding is were running at full jabbing capacity and don't actually have a supply issue (yet).
Aye, does seem to be that way:
Only anecdotal but two of my co-workers have partners that work in the medical industry (not sure what - not nursing/doctors though) and both were trained last week to be able to administer vaccines
Looks like it's all hands on deck

Blimey, just reading about our vaccine rate atm - didn't realise how well it was going
565k people vaccinated on Saturday, with that number expected to be dwarfed by what they'll do this week

Over 50% of adults expected to be vaccinated by the end of the week - target is 5million doses administered this week

Aye, does seem to be that way:
Only anecdotal but two of my co-workers have partners that work in the medical industry (not sure what - not nursing/doctors though) and both were trained last week to be able to administer vaccines
Looks like it's all hands on deck
Yeah it's the main reason why our government despite being demonstrably **** at everything else they touch are doing so well in the polls currently.

Yeah I have no idea why we're stopping this jab, the EMA have endorsed it and every expert commentator appears totally bemused by it.

"There is currently no indication that vaccination has caused these conditions, which are not listed as side effects with this vaccine," the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Thursday.

"The vaccine's benefits continue to outweigh its risks and the vaccine can continue to be administered while investigation of cases of thromboembolic events is ongoing," it added.

It said there had been 30 cases of "thromboembolic events" among the five million Europeans who have received the jab.

We need to get going, the rollout is already a shambles.

We're not the ones who need it - in the Western World, it's Canada who really need these.

Yeah I have no idea why we're stopping this jab, the EMA have endorsed it and every expert commentator appears totally bemused by it.

We need to get going, the rollout is already a shambles.
Director General of Italy's health organisation is saying its political.

Hope he's wrong

I hope he's right - I'd rather it was paused because of politics, than paused because the vaccine is killing some people
True to an extent but given the scepticism around Vaccines in general, continuing to hammer a vaccine for political reasons isn't going to help with the uptake

Latest posts