Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Has anyone noticed, after their first dose of the vaccine, that their fitness has decreased?

I had my vaccine on Saturday, headache on the Sunday but ears have kept on popping since.

Prior to the jab I was running 5KM at an average of 4"45/KM, now I am struggling to hit 5"05/KM
What's a jab?

I wouldn't worry too much about loosing 20 seconds a KM in immediate aftermath seen similar or worse reported in my running club all came back after a week or two.

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

@TRF_Olyy think the thread might be broken.

Singapore and New Zealand on the list yippee making my plans for October 2022 look far more likely.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Should be sorted now - think that link was breaking things

It was a list of countries in the different traffic light colours, like below:

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Still only doing over 40s in England, as of this morning (when I just checked)

Frustrating as I start a new job next week and had really hoped I'd have the first one under my belt by then so I don't have to take time off early after arriving/have to deal with any negative reaction while working a new role etc.

OmniCalculator prediction has bumped back another week to guess at some point after May 25th - I remember when it was saying late March/early April :(

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Still only doing over 40s in England, as of this morning (when I just checked)

Frustrating as I start a new job next week and had really hoped I'd have the first one under my belt by then so I don't have to take time off early after arriving/have to deal with any negative reaction while working a new role etc.

OmniCalculator prediction has bumped back another week to guess at some point after May 25th - I remember when it was saying late March/early April :(
Under 40's also announced as no longer getting AZ last week. Some people (Ian Dunt political commentator) even had appointments cancelled on them because of it. I get the impression they don't have enough and supply issues are kicking in. Which isn't unexpected.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Under 40's also announced as no longer getting AZ last week. Some people (Ian Dunt political commentator) even had appointments cancelled on them because of it. I get the impression they don't have enough and supply issues are kicking in. Which isn't unexpected.
Under 40s being given an alternative to AZ. But yes I suspect a lot of them given the choice will opt for Pfizer or Moderna.

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Under 40s being given an alternative to AZ. But yes I suspect a lot of them given the choice will opt for Pfizer or Moderna.
Don't think we'll have a choice like everyone we'll just be stabbed with whatever they have.

Yulia

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Russian Federation

Club or Nation

Russia

I managed to get the last available AZ in two weeks..:( I wanted Pfizer more,though
I called a Covid vaccination hotline, "mind-raped" almost everyone,but finally changed my AZ for Pfizer, will get it later (in June) though.
I want more Johnson& Johnson now :( it is also available in Poland,but not in June (everything is already booked)..will check later if it's available for July

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

NHS app reportedly going to be ready to show vaccine status from Monday for those who have had 2 jabs. Not to be confused with the NHS Covid 19 app.

Paper letter for those who don’t use smartphones.

Last edited:

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Last edited:

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Public enquiry announced but not held until Spring of 2022?!!! Why not this summer when infection rates will be at lowest?

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Without more information, there's not much to discuss here.

It'll be "interesting" to see how the variant does when up against a well resourced healthcare system, and a lack of religious holidays / mass gatherings.

On the other hand, it's exactly that hubris that resulted in the first wave, with reactions to data repeatedly coming... later than ideal.

On the plus side, if enough is known about this "outbreak" that the press pick up on it; then it should be safe to assume that SAGE & PHE are on the case (whether they can convince "bodies pile high" Johnson to act is a different matter).
Public enquiry announced but not held until Spring of 2022?!!! Why not this summer when infection rates will be at lowest?
Because high infection rates are still a matter of recent memory.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

45days - 13yrs, as a time frame, sounds like something you'd see on an article on The Onion

Maties Van Tilburg

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

La Rochelle

Has anyone noticed, after their first dose of the vaccine, that their fitness has decreased?

I had my vaccine on Saturday, headache on the Sunday but ears have kept on popping since.

Prior to the jab I was running 5KM at an average of 4"45/KM, now I am struggling to hit 5"05/KM
my rowing definitely got worse after my vaccination. It felt more muscular than cardiovascular though.

Latest posts