• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

ST reporting cases in India will reach 500k per day in next two weeks. And this is likely to be an under reporting of cases because of the lack of testing. if it is right that current tests are coming back with 30% positive, the true figure could well be 3-4 times more than this. There is also a thinking that this second wave is being driven by the B.1.1.7 or variant that originated in Kent.

The message is international co-operation vital now to help Indian authorities out of their own catastrophe. As long as this virus goes unchecked then it'll mutate and Who the f knows what'll happen if it starts evading vaccines.

Last edited:
I wondered the other day why they lowered the vaccincation age to 42 not 40.
  1. Health Secretary Matt Hancock, 42, receives his first Covid jab from Prof Jonathan Van-Tam
  2. The vaccination programme is being extended to all 42-year-olds in England

1. Health Secretary Matt Hancock, 42, receives his first Covid jab from Prof Jonathan Van-Tam
Yeh. you only need to watch Contagion to see what Hancock's next policy on Covid will be.

Monday opened for 48 year olds, Tuesday to 46 year olds, Wednesday to 44; Today to 42; tomorrow it'll open to 40 year olds.

It's just a way of evening out expected surge in registrations and is actually a good thing - it show's they've learned from the previous lowering of age thresholds.
Presumably they'll then wait a week or two; for the bookings to slow, before doing the same for the 30-40 year olds.

That's also the national; around here GP invites are way ahead of this.

Yeh. you only need to watch Contagion to see what Hancock's next policy on Covid will be.

I don't recall all that much profteering and corruption over government contracts going on in that film - maybe too much has happened since I watched it though.

Last edited:
Jude Law's character?
IIRC that was more snake oil salesman that dodgy contracts - more Trump with his hydroxychloroquine; than Hancock with his gifting £100M contracts to people with no capacity to fulfill them.

Granted though, Test and Trace is a reasonable equivolence to the snake oil