• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

BBC reporting a new varient being dubbed the Yorkshire varient AV.1
I guess stand at bar and no Yorkshire people will be there unless trying to cadge a beer.
No doubt this will become the most nasty varient in due course.

In this context, I don't understand what sort of "gaps" there are or how B.1.617.2 has exploited it. The task presented by someone who has tested positive for B.1.617.1 is no different to someone with any other variant. I CBA to Google and compile a list of examples, but I'm sure a quick search would throw up a lots of examples of failings throughout the system's lifetime.

I don't think that there needs to be an incentive to come forward for testing, the government just need to remove the current disincentive. As things have been allowed to proceed, ONS data >>> anything else for this reason.

The NHS app is something I know a reasonable amount about as it's relevant to a couple of businesses that I'm involved with. IMO someone (or multiple people) should be held criminally responsible for its failures:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/04/covid-app-flaws-meant-pubs-broke-privacy-rules/
Well for the cost involved in this track and trace and if this B1617.2 variant does get out of hand there should be consequences. This should come out in the long delayed public enquiry.

But yes definitely I have always thought disincentives to get tested such as fully financially supporting those who test positive and are self isolating.

I couldn't read the telegraph article since it is behind a paid wall.

Well for the cost involved in this track and trace and if this B1617.2 variant does get out of hand there should be consequences. This should come out in the long delayed public enquiry.

But yes definitely I have always thought disincentives to get tested such as fully financially supporting those who test positive and are self isolating.

I couldn't read the telegraph article since it is behind a paid wall.
Should come out, but what are the chances? I read a fairly cynical view on the enquiry from insiders the other day. The answer might be to report Dido Harding to the Conservative anti-corruption tsar. I'm sure her husband would deal with it appropriately!

Apologies about the link. I'm currently running a Chrome based browser and using an extension called Bypass Paywalls, so I forget that things require a login......I'm not a Telegraph subscriber, honest! Let me know if you need help installing something similar.

But why does it take so long? Why wasn't it in place from the start?
Having seen an interview on Newsnight about this, I'd imagine the delay was caused by posturing about who pays. Either public pressure has shamed Heathrow into this decision or an agreement has been reached with the government. I'd be in favour of stricter regulations that prevent a situation where anyone thinks that the previous state of affairs is acceptable.

Meanwhile, green passengers are moving freely about the nation, spreading virus that they caught from amber passengers who are a sufficient threat to the health of the nation that they need to quarantine for 10 days once they get home!

Although AZ may take longer to have an effect and figures may be revised upwards.

Cummings reported to be gunning for both Bojo and Hancock and confirming the policy was herd immunity up to 2 weeks before the first lock down.

Having seen an interview on Newsnight about this, I'd imagine the delay was caused by posturing about who pays. Either public pressure has shamed Heathrow into this decision or an agreement has been reached with the government. I'd be in favour of stricter regulations that prevent a situation where anyone thinks that the previous state of affairs is acceptable.

Meanwhile, green passengers are moving freely about the nation, spreading virus that they caught from amber passengers who are a sufficient threat to the health of the nation that they need to quarantine for 10 days once they get home!

I heard an interview on Friday with someone in the air industry who said that the airports had raised it with the government in January 2021 about separate terminals, but they said the government didn't seem very pressed on the matter....

Now I'm not saying that the government are lying, as confirming who pays for stuff is important, but it's not like the government hasn't a track record for something like the above

Government now claiming they never pursued a herd immunity strategy... It's staggering the level of lying and gaslighting they do. People who were shouting from the rooftops about how we should do herd immunity will now claim they never did. The worst part, a huge chunk of the electorate will have selective amnesia and forget it just as their government commands.

Did my first at-home test today
Literally eye watering - it was like someone had turned taps on or something, literally dripping off my face

Government now claiming they never pursued a herd immunity strategy... It's staggering the level of lying and gaslighting they do. People who were shouting from the rooftops about how we should do herd immunity will now claim they never did. The worst part, a huge chunk of the electorate will have selective amnesia and forget it just as their government commands.

Ironically this all coming from Cummings. But he was on the inside throughout. Wonder if Bojo will finally throw him under the bus for his trip to Durham in retaliation.

Did my first at-home test today
Literally eye watering - it was like someone had turned taps on or something, literally dripping off my face

I've done two LFTs and yes, made me gag and my nose run. Not the most comfortable of tests to undertake. Been reading trained dogs smelling of saliva of positive patients will give more accurate results.

I don't know if it's a bad thing or not.

I mean you would hope people would get vaccinated anyway, but at least corporations are helping (even if it's more a case of their own benefit longer run).

Maybe the eat out to help out should've been done now and maybe have that linked with the vaccines.

Well if we can get most of the adult population vaccinated with their first dose by end of July (at least 70%) wouldn't be surprised at another Eat out to help out in August.And with summer coming. But getting the 2nd dose is vital.

Bit ridiculous that ministers are cowed into back tracking on local lockdowns in the 8 hotspots. If they were just up front instead of now back peddling it would have been more acceptable. 451 rate per 100,000 in Bolton is not to be taken for granted.

To me There's still this fear of offending people in this Government.

Latest posts