• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Not sure how other workplaces are gearing up for returning on 19 July? Same kind of mentality? No policy of only bringing back double jabbed people back first and phase to return those when they have plus 2 weeks?
My company went back the first day they were legally allowed,
We get supplied with tests, supposed to test 1-2 times a week,
Hand sanitizer everywhere, signs reminding to social distance etc (ignored)

Feels as if covid isn't a thing tbh

My company went back the first day they were legally allowed,
We get supplied with tests, supposed to test 1-2 times a week,
Hand sanitizer everywhere, signs reminding to social distance etc (ignored)

Feels as if covid isn't a thing tbh
I work in a primary school and reality is social distancing measures have never worked. Children stuffed into classrooms less than a metre apart. Children from different year groups regularly interacting at breaks because there is not enough space. Teachers moving between bubbles as there is not enough staff to cover. This is with schools who were supposed to be keeping children safe. I can't see many private companies going anywhere near those lengths unless they are forced to by the government.

This is why their approach is so reckless. It's not easing the rules and keeping some guidelines in place, it's basically making it a free for all, where people choose which guidance they want to follow and which they don't. Private companies especially are focused on money, not employee welfare. This is why it will backfire because people will be treating life as though it's before covid when it clearly isn't.

The first thing many of these morons will do as soon as they touch down abroad is make a beeline for an English or Irish pub.

I've only had one jab but even if I was double jabbed I just can't be arsed with all the PCR testing, queuing with a mask on and uncertainty of countries changing colours and potentially having to quarantine on return.

Germany has now vaccinated more people than the UK. So now does that mean the UK doesn't have the fastest rollout in Europe?

Screenshot_20210711-115456.jpg

Germany has now vaccinated more people than the UK. So now does that mean the UK doesn't have the fastest rollout in Europe?

View attachment 11555
Be interesting to see Germany's split though between first dose and double dose. UK's figure is both = 1st dose 44.8m + double jabbed 34.5m. Germany as far as I know is not ahead when it comes to double jabbing its population yet. Germany has a higher population as well at over 80m compared to 66.7m for UK. UK is cicra. 52% double jabbed.

Updated: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Germany are just over 41% of their population double jabbed.

Last edited:

Quote: He added the government wanted to stress "both a personal responsibility and a corporate responsibility" for the matter.

Basically we're still going to say you should wear masks but not make it legal or mandatory. Therefore if there is another wave it will be because the public and businesses weren't being responsible.

The R rate is going to the moon after tonight. If they thought a Christmas lunch was a superspreader event they ain't seen nothing yet.

The R rate is going to the moon after tonight. If they thought a Christmas lunch was a superspreader event they ain't seen nothing yet.
Win and there'll a alot of spread from bars pubs staying open late, lose and expect a bit of trouble and criminal damage. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So Javid confirming 19 July all restrictions will be lifted and repeating the BS line of "if not then, then when?". Is this Government deaf? By all means go opening up on 19 July, as you've now set your stall on that date, but Why remove remove all restrictions especially the mandate for mask? Especially as 70% have not yet been double vaccinated ? Peeps I have seen going into shops are already not wearing them. Offices/workplaces? The message yet again from this Governmemt is one of confusion.

Many of the Eastern Europeans I work with are very sceptical about covid/vaccines etc so it's nice to see the general populations taking it seriously
Do you mean Poles (+- Baltic Latvians/Lithuanians)? Not sure about Latvians/Lithuanians but I'd say most of people in Poland take it quite seriously. There's more scepticism among my Belarus/Russian/Ukrainian acquaintances as far as I've noticed (but I suppose you work more with the Eastern Europeans from EU countries)
Finally more restrictions in Russia and looks like people started to take vaccination seriously (over 50k people vaccinated only in Moscow every day) : Covid/jab certificates needed for the inner tourism, inside of cafeterias etc,in medias they are still talking about a "voluntary" vaccination while in reality it became almost mandatory (vaccination required by employers etc). Not sure if I like a "mandatory" vaccination (even like that)..but at least it will motivate people

Do you mean Poles (+- Baltic Latvians/Lithuanians)? Not sure about Latvians/Lithuanians but I'd say most of people in Poland take it quite seriously. There's more scepticism among my Belarus/Russian/Ukrainian acquaintances as far as I've noticed (but I suppose you work more with the Eastern Europeans from EU countries)
Finally more restrictions in Russia and looks like people started to take vaccination seriously (over 50k people vaccinated only in Moscow every day) : Covid/jab certificates needed for the inner tourism, inside of cafeterias etc,in medias they are still talking about a "voluntary" vaccination while in reality it became almost mandatory (vaccination required by employers etc). Not sure if I like a "mandatory" vaccination (even like that)..but at least it will motivate people
Poles and Romanians. Not all but a sizable minority are very vocal about. Refusing to get jabs etc

Yep, rhetoric keeps changing from this flip flopping Government. From this easing must be "irreversible" to "we must not rule anything out." Talk about Strong and stable leadership. Oh wait that was May's slogan.

Latest posts