• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Health Secretary Sajid Javid says he has tested positive for Covid-19, but so far his symptoms are "very mild".

Mr Javid, who said he had received both vaccine doses, took a lateral flow test after feeling a "bit groggy" on Friday night and it came back positive.

He said he is now self-isolating with family at home until he gets the results of a PCR test.

But at least Javid has had both jabs. Come Monday at least 47% won't have done.

The Government's natural herd immunity here we go again for the remainder of the unvaccinated/1 jab population but 15 months later after they intended.

So.... Javid, Sunak and Johnson were all in a meeting with each other yesterday (?); whilst Javid was suffering with Covid.
But they don't have to self-isolate because they're taking part in a new daily-testing trial that didn't exist until yesterday - a trial with 2 participants by any chance?

I see not problem with the messaging here, that can't be solved with a 3-word slogan. how about "Fuck Off Peasants"?

Last edited:
So.... Javid, Sunak and Johnson were all in a meeting with each other yesterday (?); whilst Javid was suffering with Covid.
But they don't have to self-isolate because they're taking part in a new daily-testing trial that didn't exist until yesterday - a trial with 2 participants by any chance?

I see not problem with the messaging here, that can't be solved with a 3-word slogan. how about "Fuck Off Peasants"?
So as far as I'm aware the trial did actually begin back in Spring.

However, there are some confusing and inconsistent issues with this.
On the actual website (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/daily-contact-testing-study) as well as the news reports (https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-self-isolating-daily-contact-testing-pilot/) and press release (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-launch-40000-person-daily-contact-testing-study) the eligibility criteria suggest it is open to anyone:

Who can take part

People who are traced as contacts can take part if they:

However, according the the government Johnson and Sunak are participating in the study that include 20 private and public organisations. The LBC report directly contradicts the 20 organisations line. Therefore is this the same study or a different one?

The other issue is that it clearly says:
The study will compare 2 approaches to routine testing of contacts:
  • participants in the 'self-isolation' group will be given 1 PCR test. They must self-isolate as normal for the full 10-day self-isolation period even if their test result is negative
  • participants in the 'daily testing' group will be given 7 rapid lateral flow tests to test daily. They will be given 24-hour release from self-isolation if the test is negative. They will also receive 2 PCR tests
Participants will be placed into study groups at random.

However, it seems all government ministers who were in close contact with Javid have 'randomly' ended up in the daily testing group. If, this wasn't random then it certainly is showing favouritism.

While I do think there is one rule for the rich elites and another for the rest, in this case it does seem like they are participating in a trial that is open to everyone, though as I've pointed out there are a few question marks over this and whether it was done fairly.

Even if it was done fairly (which I doubt) they're leaders and should acting as such by appearing to be whiter than white in this regards. We know it will happen but it send mixed messaging people who don't get out of it when they are told to self isolate.

Even if it was done fairly (which I doubt) they're leaders and should acting as such by appearing to be whiter than white in this regards. We know it will happen but it send mixed messaging people who don't get out of it when they are told to self isolate.
Mate this government is so covered in **** they've forgotten what white looks like. As for mixed messaging Matt Lucas summed it up best.

I agree they should be setting the example even when they consistently (possibly replace with always) don't. However, if you are going to criticise then you have to do it properly. Which Tyler said the trial didn't begin until 2 days ago, but it has been running for a while.

Trust me I hate this government as much as anyone, but being biased and ignoring facts to suit your narrative makes you as bad as them. (On that note I'm not accusing Which Tyler of intentionally being biased and ignoring facts, it could just be an honest mistake by him and I was just clarifying some of the facts so people were fully informed). In this case I feel that the newspapers are stretching a bit and there are far better examples of favouritism within government that they've ignored.

And lo and behold.
This Government does more U turns.....
driving u turn GIF

On that note I'm not accusing Which Tyler of intentionally being biased and ignoring facts, it could just be an honest mistake by him and I was just clarifying some of the facts so people were fully informed.

My apologies, it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek reductio ad absurdium. That's my communication error.
My main problem with it is the optics, just another example (whether accurate or not) of one rule for us, another for everyone else.

And in nUw nUws: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ill-not-isolate-after-being-pinged-says-no-10

ETA, and as I type, Blindside beats me to it...

Last edited:
Ever feel like your being gaslighted by this government?

I took the liberty of translating Fatty's verbal inaccuracies:

"We did a big fat U turn after it became clear there would be a huge backlash about there being one set of rules for the public and another for us in Government"

I got pinged today n all,

I'm alright with it tbf - looking forward to working from home for a week, no commute/being in office in this heat
Annoying I can't go to the gym, though

On the whole, though, mixed feelings - 7 people at my work have had to isolate in the last couple of weeks and now we're about to open the country up?
I've not been out on the lash or been to any restaurants or anything - either it was someone in my building at work or someone I sat near in the park while eating lunch (I'm guessing the 2 mins in Tesco express grabbing a sandwich wasn't long enough for a close contact)

Questioning the safety of being in office tbh

I got pinged today n all,

I'm alright with it tbf - looking forward to working from home for a week, no commute/being in office in this heat
Annoying I can't go to the gym, though

On the whole, though, mixed feelings - 7 people at my work have had to isolate in the last couple of weeks and now we're about to open the country up?
I've not been out on the lash or been to any restaurants or anything - either it was someone in my building at work or someone I sat near in the park while eating lunch (I'm guessing the 2 mins in Tesco express grabbing a sandwich wasn't long enough for a close contact)

Questioning the safety of being in office tbh

Are you still allowed to go and get a jab if you've been pinged?

I'd be curious to see data on the number of people who have caught COVID more than once. I know in some countries people can get a 'recovery passport' which proves that you have immunity through having recovered from COVID within the past 6 months although I'm not sure if that's specific to one variant. That recovery pass carries the same weight as the two jab vaccine passport as far as I know.

Another vaccination centre has opened up by me so I've managed to knock two weeks off my 2nd jab date

Going like hot-cakes: when I loaded the site they had am and pm for both days next weekend, by the time I'd quickly checked the calendar on my phone every slot had gone,
Luckily managed to get in the weekend after

Having a local village vaccine centre has been great for me.
Got a text the other day moving my vaccine up 3 weeks.

Didn't even need to contact them.

I get the shield on my notifications and then it just says loading. Anyone else had this?

Latest posts