• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I get the shield on my notifications and then it just says loading. Anyone else had this?
Yeah, mine does that a ton - not sure if it's because phones deactivate Bluetooth after a period of inactivity or what, and it has to reactivate or something like that

When you need to isolate it's very obvious, like you can't miss the notification

Yeah, mine does that a ton - not sure if it's because phones deactivate Bluetooth after a period of inactivity or what, and it has to reactivate or something like that

When you need to isolate it's very obvious, like you can't miss the notification
Yeah in early days I got a couple wait and see notifications weren't hard to miss.

One rule for us, one rule for them.
"All animals are equal,but some animals are more equal than others". ;) It's everywhere like that tbh..I remember how Russian authorities opened borders with Switzerland and Tanzania while the rest of countries were on a ban list. We were laughing with friends that in Russia everything,as usual,is for the working class first of all :D

I got pinged today n all,

I'm alright with it tbf - looking forward to working from home for a week, no commute/being in office in this heat
Annoying I can't go to the gym, though

On the whole, though, mixed feelings - 7 people at my work have had to isolate in the last couple of weeks and now we're about to open the country up?
I've not been out on the lash or been to any restaurants or anything - either it was someone in my building at work or someone I sat near in the park while eating lunch (I'm guessing the 2 mins in Tesco express grabbing a sandwich wasn't long enough for a close contact)

Questioning the safety of being in office tbh
Getting peeps back to the office in London's is going to be a challenge for firms . We know this virus is transmitted by aerosols. It's inevitable once this gradual return takes place that cases are going to rocket and peeps are constantly going to get pinged by NHS app. Getting the ventilation right in buildings and communicating that to staff will be essential, Covid-19: Five ways to avoid catching the virus indoors https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53917432

How firms are also going to reassure peeps that everyone else has been double vaccinated what with the right to privacy and not mandating vaccination as a condition of employment etc will be a challenge. I am of the opinion my firm needs to find out peep's vaccination status And bring back peeps gradually. We have a few admin staff who are in their early 20s and in our dept the one who caught it at the football. None of them have had their second jabs yet.

What with peeps sitting in an office building for 7-8 hours breathing the same air, being comfortable sharing the same office space will be essential. Otherwise, exemption of mask wearing for office is a nonsense IMO. What's the difference between wearing a mask in a supermarket and public transport? Peeps are spending even longer in offices.

Otherwise WFH will become the norm until measures in offices can be agreed.

"All animals are equal,but some animals are more equal than others". ;) It's everywhere like that tbh..I remember how Russian authorities opened borders with Switzerland and Tanzania while the rest of countries were on a ban list. We were laughing with friends that in Russia everything,as usual,is for the working class first of all :D
The classic Animal Farm quote. :D

So listening to what professor Neil Ferguson was saying on Andrew Marr yesterday England can't reach Herd immunity without vaccinating the under 18s.

The Government are going to make a decision on this but reports in the telegraph are that they will only vaccinate vulnerable children between 12 and 17. Despite countries like USA having already approved Pfizer for this age group and we know it is safe and teenagers are one of the biggest drivers of spreading the virus.

How I understand it is Before Delta the threshold for being fully vaccinated was 70% but once Delta spread then this threshold is now upwards of 90% needed in the population to gain herd.

Pretty shocking way this Government has handled it and from today continues to.

Last edited:
Good advert for nightclubs hey? If you wanna get laid get double jabbed.

there was a story of young peeps faking positive tests with lemon juice to stay off school.

Cutting transmission wearing masks by up to 25% per studies still worth it.

Even though I dislike Cummings because of the Brexit lies, I must admit I'm beginning to warm to him because of what he's been saying about the current government.

Yeh and he's still the one person who was in the same room and closest to Bojo when his decisions were made and give us some insight into WTF was and is currently going through Bojo's mind with the handling of this pandemic.

Until we have a public enquiry of next Spring it'll be the closest to putting him under any proper scrutiny. And we know that public enquiry will take years for the witnesses and evidence to be gathered.

The full interview to be broadcast tomorrow on bbc.

Latest posts