• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

More than 600,000 in England and Wales have been pinged to self-isolate. Time for double jabbed peeps to be exempt after passing a PCR? But then that is going to cost.
Isn't the issue that vaccinated people can still transmit it?
Unless the vaccine reduces the incubation period (not sure if it does?) then I don't think you can really treat them differently, as they could get a PCR done as soon as they're pinged and then develop it later
This happened to someone at my work, who tested positive after isolation after initially testing negative

T
Unless the vaccine reduces the incubation period (not sure if it does?) then I don't think you can really treat them differently, as they could get a PCR done as soon as they're pinged and then develop it later
This happened to someone at my work, who tested positive after isolation after initially testing negative
That's my understanding. You can still transmit the virus, just less likely to develop serious symptoms.

Yes, you're right they can but I understood it at much lower levels than unvaccinated and those with only one jab. But yes, doesn't mean those who have been double jabbed can't catch it.

Still, not sure what the answer if the Govt strategy was herd immunity for the rest of the unvaccinated population/1 jabbed. What did they expect?

Peeps are just not going to scan when going into places or delete the app, if not done so already. It's going to get worse before it gets better without clearer guidance.

I think the pingdemic is basically a mini lockdown via the backdoor due to the fact that Boris didn't want to go back on his 'irreversible roadmap' and 'freedom day' in order to keep his Tory toff backbench 1922 committee happy. I don't know any other world leader who used phrases like freedom day or irreversible roadmap.

Isn't a "pingdemic" just evidence that the track and trace app is 'working'?

Yeah, opening up while cases are rising was always going to lead to a lot of contacts with a lot of people who have tested positive

Well yeah but the Govt knew full well where the case numbers were going and that that would translate into x number of pings. I think they probably assumed they could ride it out until 16th August.

Shopping in Asda today well over 50% of people no longer wearing masks. My feeling is the government is gambling on the vaccines working as hoped for a while longer and that the virus doesn't mutate in any kind of vaccine resistant way. I love it when our government gambles with people's lives.

Isn't a "pingdemic" just evidence that the track and trace app is 'working'?

It depends on what the purpose of the app is? If it's to manage spread, then it's like sticking a very small sticking plaster on the gaping wound of "opening up" when in an exponential phase of viral growth. I'd expect millions of people to be uninstalling the app over the next couple of weeks as there's no way on earth they're going to want a "ping" that stops holiday plans.................

What it will do is rapidly cripple the economy unless something changes. The virus is now at prevalence levels across the U.K which approach those of the last peak. However, this time cases are still increasing and there's no social measures in place to significantly mitigate that. What was fit for purpose for managing small numbers of cases isn't going to be fit for dealing with mass infection. Which is where we're at now.

Additionally, someone will need to make a call about relative risk vs absolute risk. If the vaccines do indeed protect against transmission, how much is that? If the answer is "significantly", then as well as ignoring pings perhaps positive tests from the double jabbed can also be ignored.......

What appears clear to me at the moment is that the current level of efficacy of vaccinations (note not in symptom mitigation terms) is insufficient to stem the spread of the disease and thus positive cases. On a densely populated island (especially in England) an app that reacts to proximity to +ve cases will have exactly the impacts we're seeing.............

Got my second jab in 2 weeks then going to start hitting the gym again hard.
Going to use these 2 weeks to blast my cardio for it. (Especially now the heat-wave is meant to be coming to an end).
I finally started getting into a routine after starting a new job/commuting again....then two weeks isolation

Yesterday I got on a train and went into London for the first time since March last year. Nothing to do with work and what I used to do every day on autopilot felt a bit surreal.

Not sure how keen I'd be to get on a properly packed standing room only train. Our office is soon going to be open on a voluntary basis, but until case numbers drop I won't be going anywhere near it. Fair play to our Board, they've been very sensible through all this and put no pressure on the staff.

Number of people, of all ages, not wearing masks in my local Sainsbury's today was significant. Very surprised that they'd also taken down all the screens between checkouts etc.

I agree with Clapton on the headline whilst they are nutters I don't agree with forcing people to have vaccines to attend events. His anti-mark and anti-lockdown views can go in the bin.

Clapton does have a history of extremely bad takes

Sadly a lot of old rockers appear to be complete tools lets not forget all the Brexit supporting ones who are now up in arms because its completely ****** touring.

There are a few good ones around Plant, Gilmour and Walters are a few I can think of.
i remember being sad when i found out the Who arent best mates, daltrey said words to the effect, "we dont hang out, we're not very close, i can just sing the stuff pete can write"...was gutted

started reading that wiki link and then decided i didn;t need too, i get the gist

Latest posts