• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Got mind on Saturday.

No idea why weren't going full speed on this before if we have capacity and stock withing the system.
Consider a walk in centre near where you live? But Queuing will be inevitable after that announcement.

When I was eligible it was two weeks I would have to wait, when texted by my GP surgery. I thought sod waiting, as it still takes 2 weeks to get to optimum level. Managed to book an appointment for the Monday when I was first eligible.

Consider a walk in centre near where you live? But Queuing will be inevitable after that announcement.

When I was eligible it was two weeks I would have to wait, when texted by my GP surgery. I thought sod waiting, as it still takes 2 weeks to get to optimum level. Managed to book an appointment for the Monday when I was first eligible.
Saturday is fine wait and at GP so queue will good. Apart from golf lesson I won't be near anyone as working from home. So I feel perfectly safe. All other family are already boosted.

I don't get why mine is 2 weeks away when I got in there way before the rush
Maybe there's just very few vaccination centres near me?

Maybe because of supply issues near you?

Now the NHS booking system has supposedly crashed.

It was a Little confusing when I tried beginning of November. Turned up at my local one and got turned away by a nurse as I didn't fit the eligibility criteria. I didn't get my text for another 3 weeks after and then could only book an appointment 2 weeks after that.

But then tried https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

And managed to book an appointment for next day.

Now the NHS booking system has supposedly crashed.
Yeah, sat in the queue for about 20 mins to check to see if there's sooner dates and after the queue I'm in a loop of enter your NHS number, enter your DoB, enter NHS number etc

Edit:
Cancelled my appointment cause there's loads this week but the site crashes every time I try and rebook, sigh

Double edit:
Managed to get in for 9am on Thursday, tidy

Last edited:

A key reason for the government's lack of strategy and planning is that it is not interested in prevention and public health. Its instinct is to put the responsibility on individuals whenever possible, rather than taking collective action. This explains why the government emphasises individual hygiene measures such as washing hands and sanitising surfaces. The failure to highlight the well-established fact that the virus is predominantly transmitted through the air, rather than by touching surfaces or contact with large droplets, gravely hinders the actions needed around ventilation and filtration of air in enclosed spaces.

Well I've had covid for the last 8 days (I'm allowed out again on Wednesday).

I still ache all over but haven't lost my taste like the mrs did.

Guess I can't now get a booster until the new year although not sure if I need one now as I've had covid?

A key reason for the government's lack of strategy and planning is that it is not interested in prevention and public health. Its instinct is to put the responsibility on individuals whenever possible, rather than taking collective action. This explains why the government emphasises individual hygiene measures such as washing hands and sanitising surfaces. The failure to highlight the well-established fact that the virus is predominantly transmitted through the air, rather than by touching surfaces or contact with large droplets, gravely hinders the actions needed around ventilation and filtration of air in enclosed spaces.
Preach. The willful tacit denial of aerial transmission is one of the holy trinity of blunders placing public health at unnecessary risk. There has been plenty of time to mandate ventilation and air quality monitoring in buildings used by the public. FWIW, the others are the mixed messaging on masks and treating them equally and the failure to update the symptoms that require people to isolate. Worryingly, the NHS appear complicit in the first two. I've been to my local surgery a couple of times recently and saw no evidence of ventilation and was shocked to see health care professionals relying of surgical masks. On top of this, I've read numerous reports online of people attending appointments being told to remove FFP2/3 masks and replace them with a surgical mask!

Well I've had covid for the last 8 days (I'm allowed out again on Wednesday).

I still ache all over but haven't lost my taste like the mrs did.

Guess I can't now get a booster until the new year although not sure if I need one now as I've had covid?
Hopefully you fully recover from it. Symptoms list for Delta has been updated and for Omicron. Check Zoe app as loss of taste and smell seems lower down the list with newer variants.

You need to wait 28 days before you can get the booster according to https://www.bhf.org.uk/informations...navirus-and-your-health/covid-booster-vaccine

Last edited:
Preach. The willful tacit denial of aerial transmission is one of the holy trinity of blunders placing public health at unnecessary risk. There has been plenty of time to mandate ventilation and air quality monitoring in buildings used by the public. FWIW, the others are the mixed messaging on masks and treating them equally and the failure to update the symptoms that require people to isolate. Worryingly, the NHS appear complicit in the first two. I've been to my local surgery a couple of times recently and saw no evidence of ventilation and was shocked to see health care professionals relying of surgical masks. On top of this, I've read numerous reports online of people attending appointments being told to remove FFP2/3 masks and replace them with a surgical mask!
Ditto on last point at a private hospital I attended. They insisted on their clean surgical masks which are 3 layers whereas my one fresh out of a sealed packet is 5 layer filtration.

Home LFT tests run out apparently per BBC. London Tube journeys down by a fifth compared to Thursday.

Bojo announcement yesterday seems to have spooked enough peeps and also avoided any pesky questions about the Xmas party quiz. Still got to get the vote through tomorrow, but with Labour's help should get through.

I've not noticed any difference today, roads still as busy and apparently the trains were just as rammed
Think they've left too much leeway with the work from home mandate by not making it remotely mandatory - all the places who have been in office the last however many months are just carrying on with their lives

Home LFT tests run out apparently per BBC. London Tube journeys down by a fifth compared to Thursday.

Bojo announcement yesterday seems to have spooked enough peeps and also avoided any pesky questions about the Xmas party quiz. Still got to get the vote through tomorrow, but with Labour's help should get through.
He got a barrage of questions today by the press.

His kine has changed from No rules were broken to I broke no rules. Just waiting for the next Pippa Crerar bombshell.

Wife place moved this morning to ignoring work from home order to temp full working from home.

We weren't a billion miles from it so it make no difference.

Was in the office last on Thursday. Won't go back for rest of the year. Was driving in anyway, so avoided the tube.

Haven't made up my mind whether to go my firm's Xmas party. Not sure I can really enjoy it with all this going on. Was only going to stay for the meal and drinks but already peeps from my department are pulling out.

Last edited:
Was in the office last on Thursday. Won't go back for rest of the year. Was driving in anyway, so avoided the tube.

Haven't made up my mind whether to go my firm's Xmas party. Not sure I can really enjoy it with all this going on. Was only going to stay for the meal and dinner but already peeps from my department are pulling out.
A friend of mine based in SW London decided to show his face in his office a couple of weeks ago. He's home isolating with covid at the moment! He said he regretted his decision as soon as he looked around the crowded bus he used and realised he was one of only two or three wearing a mask.

Haven't made up my mind whether to go my firm's Xmas party. Not sure I can really enjoy it with all this going on. Was only going to stay for the meal and dinner but already peeps from my department are pulling out.
We had ours on Saturday - on the general principal that I had my booster about 2 hours before Ali had hers; so we had our christmas do in between them

We've been told now that everything is basically optional for the rest of the year

i.e. Office is open, our choice whether to WFH
Party going ahead, our choice to WFH etc.

implication GIF

I'll probably just stick it out, unless everyone else stops coming in - I drive, so not around people commuting, and as it's the end of the year (so tying up loose ends etc.) feel that's easier to do IRL rather than having designers/account managers trying to describe minor changes over slack etc.

Latest posts