• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I really like the point that even if he has had covid recently, it didn't stop him getting the vaccine before, therefore it is a choice, not a medical exemption.

"This virus is like measles or polio" hahaha ******* hell

Imagine the scenes if something legitimately deadly comes along. The truly mental on both sides will have a breakdown
Nothing like a bit of selective quoting to create a straw-man.

The quote you're looking for is "This virus is like measles and polio: a virus with long-term impact." NB: It's a thread explicitly about the long-term impact of Covid

As for "legitimately deadly" - just how deadly do you think measles, polio and covid are? - not that he's talking about fatalities at all, that's just your straw-man, but let's ask anyway, for a reaction beyond the knee-jerk dismissal.
Our (UK) daily deaths from covid (outside of peaks) are the same ball-park as the annual deaths from measles - from before vaccination existed (low of 28, high of 1,145)
All I've found for Polio is that it caused about half as many deaths as measles

Last edited:
I really hate PSA's about medical field and to an extent law fields from people who don't appear to have experience in the field let alone expert.

The guy is a software engineer telling everyone that the reported "mild" is a lie from the medical field.

It just smacks of all those anti Vaxxers nutters idea of getting Twitter likes.

Also you know the guy is saying that the vaccines make long covid more likely right? So have I just potentially ****** myself long term getting it?

The guy cherry picked studies to only provide his outcome he even downplayed the study saying the vaccine helps with long covid was limited yet uses studies even more limited to support some of his arguments

Last edited:
COVID is definitely going the way politics has, now
It was always tribal in America but now it feels like if you don't think COVID is going to wipe humanity out of existence you're a brain dead plandemic moron,
But then coming from the other way if you think it's anything other than a mild cold you're a brainwashed lockdown loving NEET

There are no grey areas where social media is concerned

The guy is a software engineer telling everyone that the reported "mild" is a lie from the medical field.
I can't see where you got this information from but absolutely you should take it with a grain of salt because I can't see what his qualifications are at all. I try to keep the information I'm passing on to people whom have a degree of credibility in their bio.

But if they are a software engineer I wouldn't immediately rule them out unless you know what they actually do. I studied bioinformatics back in the day and that required an extremely sound knowledge of biology (one of the reasons why I wasn't good at it), if the guy is involved in that kind of stuff its highly likely he does know what he's talking about to some degree. A bunch of the guys I work with are labelled as software engineers but are actually more brilliant physicists and mathematicians than they are software engineers.
COVID is definitely going the way politics has, now
It was always tribal in America but now it feels like if you don't think COVID is going to wipe humanity out of existence you're a brain dead plandemic moron,
But then coming from the other way if you think it's anything other than a mild cold you're a brainwashed lockdown loving NEET

There are no grey areas where social media is concerned
Why I said yesterday it has a very 2020 feel to it, it wasn't till the **** hit the fan that kind of discourse filtered out. And why I think it has to again, that will make the impact of restrictions worse. It was evidenced in the commons yesterday in just the belief we can ride this out. As I've said before a lot of NHS staff are burnout and its been constant for close to 2 years now, end of lockdowns might offer a reprieve socially but their job is constantly been the equivalent of soft crunch that can't be sustained indefinitely and were preparing for another massive surge. I have an issue with the 'ride it out' mentality because I don't think looking at the past 2 years its going to work but I've also never been scared of getting COVID myself. I just want sensible restrictions put in place at time when its needed with a view to prevent a potential disaster rather than waiting to last possible moment, which is what the government has done throughout and led to greater economic impact and lengthier lockdowns.

I can't see where you got this information from but absolutely you should take it with a grain of salt because I can't see what his qualifications are at all. I try to keep the information I'm passing on to people whom have a degree of credibility in their bio.

But if they are a software engineer I wouldn't immediately rule them out unless you know what they actually do. I studied bioinformatics back in the day and that required an extremely sound knowledge of biology (one of the reasons why I wasn't good at it), if the guy is involved in that kind of stuff its highly likely he does know what he's talking about to some degree. A bunch of the guys I work with are labelled as software engineers but are actually more brilliant physicists and mathematicians than they are software engineers.

Unless it's a different Ian Ricksecker from San Diego (or in English a Whales Vagina) he's a senior software security program manager with a degree in Computer Science and Psychology according to Linkedin

Unless it's a different Ian Ricksecker from San Diego (or in English a Whales Vagina) he's a senior software security program manager with a degree in Computer Science and Psychology according to Linkedin
Yeah I wouldn't trust him as an authority on anything like this. Also give program managers a huge grain of salt even in the areas they work in, some I've worked with have never professionally written software in their lives other have spent years doing it (all depends on the company and their culture). But a program manager is not an engineer and may have never been one or one for a very short amount of time.

Is there any other way to approach it now other than living as normally as possible without overwhelming healthcare systems?

Like there's loads of calls to close schools here, and while I could understand maybe prolonging the Christmas break to combat our high case numbers, school closures to keep entertainment and tourism industries open is mental and really dismisses the social aspect of a socio-economic approach.

At this point anyone who wants to be educated is and anyone who doesn't won't be. That education does need to be refreshed and updated but not through lay people who are pushing their own agenda. I long gave up on any contentious COVID opinions, it's clear what's required now and we're slowly but surely getting to a point where we'll be in a position to assess risk as individuals ourselves.

Is there any other way to approach it now other than living as normally as possible without overwhelming healthcare systems?
I don't think so, there's the kill the surplus population approach advocated by the no mask, no restrictions brigade and there's the stay in lockdown forever group so nobody dies. Both of which are going to be far greater costs.

The only sensible solution in my mind is changing restrictions based on levels which is what we are doing but we seam to always want to flirt with the edge of disaster rather than stay ahead of it which is what we could do.

Warmly inviting Omicron into all parts of the UK and doing virtually nothing to curtail its spread pre-Xmas was absolutely "flirting with the edge of disaster" in the latest of a long line of somewhat boneheaded manouvers by different parts of the UK. In Scotland we seem to have got away with it, which is more by accident than by design. Today was a crucial day statistic wise in Scotland and we have:

- 7 day average of 6.5 deaths (compared to an average of 49 deaths on the same date last year and 19 as recently as 5th of November).

- 43 in ICU (compared to 95 on the same date last year and 59 on 5th of November).

- 1200 in Hospital (plateauing and compared to 1400 on the same date last year and 850 on 5th November)

So in terms of fatalities Omicron arguably does not even constitute a genuine 'wave', never mind a calamity. It is particularly heartening for once to be able to see consistent ICU figures without realising that the main reason they are constistent is because so many people are freeing up ICU beds by dying.

Sturgeon is also making noises about having home crowds at Murrayfield which shows a degree of anticipation that things will not have got worse by this time next month.

The UK will not change its current course regardless of how many hospital admissions there are. Chris 'Angel of Death' Whitty was mulling herd immunity almost two years ago with much more potent strains at a time of no vaccinations and mass death in Italy and China, so his crew will certainly be pursuing this aggressively now, even if it is the height of winter.

Why would Australia want to attack Serbia?

Plus why is he saying "The West" is attacking Serbia? Serbia is in the west?
and if he counts Serbia as east then what's Australia? It's as far east as you can get

@TRF_Olyy "the West" means "Anglo-saxon world", in general, in some countries. "The UK,the US and Co" (where Australia is also included). I understand what his father wanted to say but I think in this concrete case he's wrong.. maybe just his fathers' personal feelings/emotions or something like that :D that's not a political case, and Djokovic is not that important for this world :D they exaggerated his "importance",for sure

I get that he's sticking up for his son and is very emotional about it, but saying crap like his son is Serbia (Novak is so Serbia, that he's in fact tax resident in Monaco) but this victim and persecution complex is ridiculous.

Another point brought i up I have seen is the people in his team, including Goran Ivanisevic, who waltzed straight through Australia immigration. So presumably they are double vaccinated and on the right visa to enter Australia. What the hell were they advising their man? Or was Novak that pig headed not to want their counsel?

Why would Australia want to attack Serbia?
To finish the job Bill Clinton started

A lot of colleges are going remote to start the spring semester. It makes sense that these schools will have the built in fall back system when plans go awry. My nephew will be going to a wealthy public (state-funded cause I know public means different things in different areas) so I imagine they'll have a fall back plan if COVID literally never ends. For my sister and I who were sent to the local public school, are asses would have been sent off to boarding school in the COVID area due to the way the rural areas have handled it.

But I'm just so tired of the discourse about it. I'm not an expert but it seems to be like a lot of other things. It is something that will change our world permanently however its not going to end our wold. If you take the right precautions we should be able to go ahead with rather normal lives. I just think some people are so addicted to drama that they need this.

Latest posts