• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

So the Government are ballsing up on their message for face coverings in shops. BJ says yes, Gove says no and peeps should use their common sense etc. FFS just make a decision.

FWIW I have been to shops and there peeps who do and don't. Common sense doesn't really come into it as far as I have seen. If mandatory, then it largely takes the decision away to think you must or mustn't. Yes it can be uncomfortable but not that huge a sacrifice.

And there are exemptions for those who have breathing difficulties (how many would claim that not to wear it) children under 2.

I am not advocating for wearing of masks outside though where Peeps can social distance. And it doesn't replace that and effective hand washing.

but they could have implemented a nationwide Public education face covering education, social distancing and hand washing in the last 4 months to help prepare the public to get used to it.

Looks like the White house are now trying to smear Fauci and claim he is the one that got it all wrong. These fuckers have no shame. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to think Trump and his administration are anything more than a corrupt disaster.

So the Government are ballsing up on their message for face coverings in shops. BJ says yes, Gove says no and peeps should use their common sense etc. FFS just make a decision.

FWIW I have been to shops and there peeps who do and don't. Common sense doesn't really come into it as far as I have seen. If mandatory, then it largely takes the decision away to think you must or mustn't. Yes it can be uncomfortable but not that huge a sacrifice.

And there are exemptions for those who have breathing difficulties (how many would claim that not to wear it) children under 2.

I am not advocating for wearing of masks outside though where Peeps can social distance. And it doesn't replace that and effective hand washing.

but they could have implemented a nationwide Public education face covering education, social distancing and hand washing in the last 4 months to help prepare the public to get used to it.
Well quite. And surely the thinking on this should have been done some time back.

And we've also had Bojo completely flip flopping on his work at home if you possibly can policy which he only reiterated quite recently.

It really is a sh*t show. How anyone can have any faith in this government is beyond me.

The lack of consistency all over is the worst thing. We've just been to the Isle of Wight. We had to remain in our cars on the ferry and the tickets required us to wear masks too. We had some but none of the staff were checking and most passengers didn't bother. On a subsequent ferry that the kids were on, the rules were rigorously enforced with maskless passengers having to buy them.

One pub we went in to the staff mostly practised social distancing but didn't have gloves or any other protective kit. At another the waitresses had full PPE style visors.

Its no wonder that some people are confused and many others are just thinking **** it. Messaging needs to be clear and unambiguous and that starts with the government.

Looks like the White house are now trying to smear Fauci and claim he is the one that got it all wrong. These fuckers have no shame. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to think Trump and his administration are anything more than a corrupt disaster.

Trumps last briefing with Fauci was 2 June and he's pretty much banned him from appearing on TV on behalf of the White House. Trump needs another scape goat.
Since then infection rates have climbed in the states which reopened first. Arizona, Texas, Florida.

Birx has been pretty quiet of late as well.

Typical Trump tactic. If you don't agree with him 100% even when you know he's lying, he'll stab you in the face in front of the media after he's already stabbed you in the back.

Typical Trump tactic. If you don't agree with him 100% even when you know he's lying, he'll stab you in the face in front of the media after he's already stabbed you in the back.

Ian Fleming quote works well here, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action". It's one of those ridiculous situations where if the problems are consistently with Trump's staff (both directly appointed or inherited) then after a while you have to ask is it all of them or the one person at the top? The answer is obvious, but again it's amazing how some people can believe that all of those people are the ones at fault for wide scale problems including those appointed to replace those at fault, but not the one person above them.

Ian Fleming quote works well here, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action". It's one of those ridiculous situations where if the problems are consistently with Trump's staff (both directly appointed or inherited) then after a while you have to ask is it all of them or the one person at the top? The answer is obvious, but again it's amazing how some people can believe that all of those people are the ones at fault for wide scale problems including those appointed to replace those at fault, but not the one person above them.

At the very least you'd think that even if you believed it was everyone else's fault at some point you'd say clearly the president is making a habit of hiring useless people. No doubt they'd have some excuse like everyone is in on a big conspiracy to see Trump fail though (deep state and such things). The complete lack of rationality is just staggering.

We aus are finally being told to wear masks where you can socially distance, had to order some from NZ as most of the places we found in aus were now on back order, luckily we got some "comfortable" (fabric with with a filter section) a while ago so we'll be ok until the extras arrive

And so after dithering, they finally made a decision on wearing masks in shops.

Apparently the virus is gearing up for a big attack on the 25th, so this had to be brought in on the 24th!

I love the fact that in order to buy a Pot Noodle and a Sara Lee pie, I'll have to don a mask, but a week later, our government will pay me a tenner to sit in a restaurant for a couple of hours filling my face sans mask.

And so after dithering, they finally made a decision on wearing masks in shops.
Apparently the virus is gearing up for a big attack on the 25th, so this had to be brought in on the 24th!

I love the fact that in order to buy a Pot Noodle and a Sara Lee pie, I'll have to don a mask, but a week later, our government will pay me a tenner to sit in a restaurant for a couple of hours filling my face sans mask.
It's frustrating it's governance by polling data not by any cohesive plan. Regardless of whether masks are actually useful or not its just another thing our government couldn't be arsed to have a cohesive message on.

Worst case scenario of 120,000 deaths in a second wave over the winter. That's worst case, not a prediction but there is absolutely no excuse for the government / NHS not being ready.

Sadly there are a high amount of people that don't believe in a second wave even with what happening in America.

Worst case scenario of 120,000 deaths in a second wave over the winter. That's worst case, not a prediction but there is absolutely no excuse for the government / NHS not being ready.

That report works off of the basis of no lockdown whatsoever or medical treatment apparently... Likely to be a lot different if even one of those factors is taken into account

Supermarkets round me are just giving up now - letting way more people in that before, Tesco has removed their one way system (not that many followed it in the first place).
I'm glad they're finally making masks mandatory because going anywhere where there are other people is a ******* nightmare.

That report works off of the basis of no lockdown whatsoever or medical treatment apparently... Likely to be a lot different if even one of those factors is taken into account
Hence the repeated specification of "worst case"

Clear advice, adherence to that advice and proactive approach. Who'd have thought.

The Japanese mindset is exactly the sort of one that would do well in this sort of scenario. Generally high hygiene standards, people are courteous, massive egos are not encouraged, high level of education and quite a collective and social outlook. Some in the west seem to take freedom and individualism to mean doing whatever the **** you want and screw everyone else. They can't seem to see that freedom to make decisions comes with a responsibility to make good ones. Americans in particular are extremely loud about how free they think they are but extremely quiet about how responsible they think they are.

Muzzles trending on twitter in the UK, this is why the Japanese approach won't work here.

Latest posts