• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Of particular interest to me besides further government incompetence was this part.

"They were bought for healthcare workers from supplier Ayanda Capital as part of a £252m contract.

Ayanda says the masks meet the specifications the government had set out. The government says its safety standards process is "robust".

It also emerged that the person who originally approached the government about the deal was a government trade adviser who also advises the board of Ayanda."

Well if you try to make money out of Brexit, why not try to make money out of a pandemic.

Russia finally started to open its borders, at least for : Turkey, the UK and.. Tanzania. :rolleyes:
But not for the EU. So,my relatives can't visit me in Poland,but can stay two weeks on quarantine in the UK or can visit Tanzania :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Decided to meet up with my relatives in Turkey (the only one country that's open for both Poland and Russia now,with flights). Haven't seen them for a long time and we're all in a deep depression because of it...we booked our trips : they got their tickets from Russia,and my ticket from Poland was cancelled..I have no censored words anymore :mad:

Decided to meet up with my relatives in Turkey (the only one country that's open for both Poland and Russia now,with flights). Haven't seen them for a long time and we're all in a deep depression because of it...we booked our trips : they got their tickets from Russia,and my ticket from Poland was cancelled..I have no censored words anymore :mad:

That's annoying. Unfortunately travel still seems so unreliable now. So many people who went abroad from the UK have had to change plans because government changing the rules. Absolute chaos.

New Zealand records first Covid-19 cases in 102 days.

not 100%...first community transmission in 102 days, we've had cases in isolation, generally people coming in from overseas, hopefully can quickly trace it to something like that and close it off

Right if Trump volunteers for Russia's vaccine we know for certain that they have dirty on him.;)

.Vladimir Putin, who said the vaccine had passed all the required checks and his daughter had already been given it.

And he said his daughter had a high fever on the first day after this vaccine. Although, I can compare the level of Russian medicine with the level of Polish medicine (for example): Russian medicine is much better, don't know how about the rest of European countries.. but must admit I also have doubts about this vaccine.. we'll see

And he said his daughter had a high fever on the first day after this vaccine. Although, I can compare the level of Russian medicine with the level of Polish medicine (for example): Russian medicine is much better, don't know how about the rest of European countries.. but must admit I also have doubts about this vaccine.. we'll see

You are right to have doubts.

Chump telling a rally in Minnesota of the terrible surge in Covid cases in NZ and that they don't want that. :rolleyes: 13 new cases in NZ in 24 hours compared to how many each day in the USA? Over 50,000. This guy just is not connected to reality. Trying to compare USA to NZ response to this is absolutely bonkers.

You are right to have doubts.
Accordinging to one of my Dad's friends who is a director in a drug trial multinational and working on a Covid vaccine project, any talk of a safe vaccine this year, and most likely for the first half of next year is premature. He told me that they're still training new people to meet the demands that trialling the vaccine requires, there's just not enough skilled people anywhere to mass trial and be certain a vaccine works and has minimal side effects for a while yet.

Accordinging to one of my Dad's friends who is a director in a drug trial multinational and working on a Covid vaccine project, any talk of a safe vaccine this year, and most likely for the first half of next year is premature. He told me that they're still training new people to meet the demands that trialling the vaccine requires, there's just not enough skilled people anywhere to mass trial and be certain a vaccine works and has minimal side effects for a while yet.
Brother in law works in pharma and he's said much the same thing, mid 2021

We've hit our second wave here, average of about 90-100 cases the past 10 days. New restrictions announced there but they barely make sense, not incredibly surprising considering the change in leadership.

We've hit our second wave here, average of about 90-100 cases the past 10 days. New restrictions announced there but they barely make sense, not incredibly surprising considering the change in leadership.
have faith, our restrictions made little sense to a lot of people...and obviously cause v coloration etc...but we've started trending down

1597789271849.png

Latest posts