• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

It'll be "interesting" to see how the variant does when up against a well resourced healthcare system, and a lack of religious holidays / mass gatherings.
Based on the Singapore outbreak(s) (unless Singapore doesn't meet your criteria for some reason), it seems to be doing very well at propagating, including infecting vaccinated individuals and them in turn infecting others. It doesn't seem to be that good at causing serious problems in vaccinated individuals so far. Far too early to say how good it is at killing people.

Sure there are calls to stop naming variants after the place they are discovered, because it does lead some people to view the country negatively and there is no evidence the variant started there, just that it was discovered there. UK government did well to call it the Kent variant. Not sure if other countries use that language or call it the UK variant, but if they also say Kent variant, then it's well played by the government.

Brazil variant known as P2 is the easiest of the lot to remember. B1617.2 not so. Especially as it's probably a mutated version of the Kent variant.

Think of the poor Spanish and getting a flu named after them which killed upwards of 100 million, when it was only because their media at the time was allowed to report on it. And when it probably originated in the USA.

I think officially as in WHO don't name it after anything after geography because it does bring on racism (and proven to) against people from those locations or ethnicity.

Doesn't stop some people doing it though.

I think officially as in WHO don't name it after anything after geography because it does bring on racism (and proven to) against people from those locations or ethnicity.

Doesn't stop some people doing it though.

That Orange twat being a prime example playing up to the racist elements of the GOP base and increasing attacks on Asian Americans.

Just checked my NHS app and it's been updated to show the two jabs I have had and when and details.

NHS England now jabbing 38yrs and up - getting closer!
Up to at least 36 year olds here got a text this morning and getting jabbed tomorrow evening.

Running a half marathon on Sunday so that will be interesting...might have to abort the run at some point depending on side effects of any.

I finally got my shot today. I was scheduled to get it about a month ago but the CDC put a hold on the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccination. It's back now and I got it.

The Economist data modelling estimating worldwide deaths from Covid 3-4 times higher than the 3 million.

Sage seem pretty clear about whether we should be opening up on Monday

Sigh, we always knew this would be the case just have to hope due to vaccine ot won't be a complete disaster like the other 3 times.

Sigh, we always knew this would be the case just have to hope due to vaccine ot won't be a complete disaster like the other 3 times.

So a race to get as many 20/30 year olds vaccinated is on.

Also I see the US have passed the Pfizer vaccine to be 12-15 year olds. So whether they should start considering the under 20s now if we have enough supply.

Hope to god there isn't a spike in England and the need to close down again.

I have already booked my flights and hotel for a stag in Bristol in early July

Latest posts