• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I mean...

Did the US fund gain of function research (even by proxy) - the answer seems to be yes.

Did Fauci deny that, also yes...

Is Paul an ophthalmologist by trade A vile elected troll who has distorted what gain of research is in a paper he's picked up and have a Vendetta against Fauci? - yes.

Has Fauci and other much better qualified scientists come out and said it was molecularly impossible for the viruses used in the research to have caused Covid 19, which is what Paul is implying? - yes.

Is Paul trying to distort and create a smokescreen to blame Fauci and NIH for political gain and make a name for himself? - Yes.

Is Paul an ophthalmologist by trade A vile elected troll who has distorted what gain of research is in a paper he's picked up and have a Vendetta against Fauci? - yes.

Has Fauci and other much better qualified scientists come out and said it was molecularly impossible for the viruses used in the research to have caused Covid 19, which is what Paul is implying? - yes.

Is Paul trying to distort and create a smokescreen to blame Fauci and NIH for political gain and make a name for himself? - Yes.
2 things can be true at once.

Not as if Fauci is some sort of benevolent deity either

2 things can be true at once.

Not as if Fauci is some sort of benevolent deity either
Never said Fauci is.

End of the day it is speculative and Paul is trying to manipulate it for political gain. He is absolutely vile in my book. Let's see how far his criminal referral of Fauci to DOJ gets.

Shopping in Asda today well over 50% of people no longer wearing masks. My feeling is the government is gambling on the vaccines working as hoped for a while longer and that the virus doesn't mutate in any kind of vaccine resistant way. I love it when our government gambles with people's lives.
Did my first shop since "freedom day" today and was definitely in the minority for wearing a mask
Got some dirty looks from some people, as well
**** them

Interesting that there has been such a difference in that. I've gone a couple of times in North London to get groceries this week and would say it's still about 90% wearing masks.

This has been shown to be false in the tweets below it though.
Could you point to where please? I'm not doubting, just want to see it for myself, and twitter will show different people different replies

This has been shown to be false in the tweets below it though.
No it hasn't,
They have weekly re-infection data on their website, not in their daily press releases (which is the information they use as part of their roadmaps)

Guess it's a wording loophole
"We have this many NEW infections"
Then whisper after (plus this many repeat infections)

Last edited:
Fair enough a quick bit of digging found him giving the links.

I'd also point out that this government has no idea how many people are getting re-infected as they have no idea how many people were infected the first time. Testing has been so pathetic, especially at the start that there are likely plenty of people who have had it once and not been tested and then had it again.

Is someone thinking of re-vaccination already? Maybe those who had their jabs a couple of months ago?

Is someone thinking of re-vaccination already? Maybe those who had their jabs a couple of months ago?

There are plans for Booster doses for over 50s in the Autumn only atm here. I am Not in that age range.

I only had my second dose end of April. So would hope that it lasts me for a while yet. But yes, there is still uncertainty how long the immunity lasts for. I suspect booster doses will be needed annually like for the Flu.

But in the meantime more important to get others second jabbed first.

@The_Blindside I already think about it to be honest. In Russia there's a 4th vaccine now called Sputnik Light that's only 1-jab vaccine created for re-vaccination (but you can get it only in 6 months after your first vaccine)..so I don't know, maybe will go to Moscow in 6 months and will take that one. But haven't decided 100% yet