• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Anti-Vaxxer-Memes-4.jpg

Also interesting the committee spread the blame to the scientists on SAGE. Greg Clark and Hunt being Tory MPs have to protect Bojo and Co. :rolleyes:

Also interesting the committee spread the blame to the scientists on SAGE. Greg Clark and Hunt being Tory MPs have to protect Bojo and Co. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's SAGE's fault that Boris was on holiday / writing a book and couldn't be arse to turn up to COBRA meetings...

Nearing 50,000 cases per day, daily deaths have been over 100 since August; hospitalisations going towards the 1000 mark per day; vaccinations flattening and we haven't hit November yet. Compare our figures to France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy. Why are we putting up with this?

Nearing 50,000 cases per day, daily deaths have been over 100 since August; hospitalisations going towards the 1000 mark per day; vaccinations flattening and we haven't hit November yet. Compare our figures to France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy. Why are we putting up with this?
It's going through the schools at the minute, 2 out of my 3 have had it. The eldest 16 was quite ill as he hadn't had his jab yet, my 9 year old had a very slight cough but otherwise no worse than a bit of a cold. Still cannot get my head around not wearing masks and no social distancing

They dragged their feet vaccinating 12-18 year olds and should have done it during the summer holidays before returning. Other European countries have.

It's what level of deaths and hospitalisations we are willing to accept as 100+ deaths and 1000 daily hospitalisations seems to be acceptable norm atm, when it can be reduced much further with those simple measures which aren't that much of a sacrifice IMO.

Been to several shops and would say majority of customers and staff are not wearing masks. If it's not mandated people aren't bothering and that becomes the norm.

That and mandating vaccination. 68% of population double jabbed; seems to be crawling Atm .

My parents are still waiting for their booster jabs, as am I. Not quite been more than 6 months since my second jab.

And we have winter and flu season to add this as well.

It's what level of deaths and hospitalisations we are willing to accept as 100+ deaths and 1000 daily hospitalisations seems to be acceptable norm atm, when it can be reduced much further with those simple measures which aren't that much of a sacrifice IMO.
I'm not saying its flu and I'm not saying we can't do more.

But its conversation that's not really happening. What is the actual acceptable risk level? In peak flu season we see similar numbers in terms of deaths per week. We mitigate that with vaccines but it is considered an acceptable level pre pandemic.

COVID is higher risk of hospitalisation and all year round. Other countries are combating it better.

All I'm saying the government have seamed to have settled current level are fine without really educating the population to why they are fine. This make me very dubious of their reasons.

They dragged their feet vaccinating 12-18 year olds and should have done it during the summer holidays before returning. Other European countries have.

Been to several shops and would say majority of customers and staff are not wearing masks. If it's not mandated people aren't bothering and that becomes the norm.

That and mandating vaccination. 68% of population double jabbed; seems to be crawling Atm .

My parents are still waiting for their booster jabs, as am I. Not quite been more than 6 months since my second jab.

And we have winter and flu season to add this as well.
Got my flu jab next week. Not taking any chances this year

I'm not saying its flu and I'm not saying we can't do more.

But its conversation that's not really happening. What is the actual acceptable risk level? In peak flu season we see similar numbers in terms of deaths per week. We mitigate that with vaccines but it is considered an acceptable level pre pandemic.

COVID is higher risk of hospitalisation and all year round. Other countries are combating it better.

All I'm saying the government have seamed to have settled current level are fine without really educating the population to why they are fine. This make me very dubious of their reasons.
One issue is that you can't compare deaths until circumstances are similar. There is no point looking at flu deaths before the pandemic, because then the disease was pretty much allowed to go as it pleased barring people who had flu vaccinations. Covid deaths are occurring under circumstances that have never occurred when accurately measuring the impact of virus, No virus has ever been met with such a widespread, global response. Yes the conversation needs to happen, but comparing it to the flu now is pointless because it's not being treated like the flu.

Latest posts