• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Just what our health service needs right now!

Yep, Devi saying it's pretty much a waste of time.

Although recent stats I have read has narrowed the gap with the vaccines and treatments.
This may be my limited understanding, but I thought the issue was more poverty based, which then becomes a race issue. 'Key workers' were mostly those in low paid jobs and had to keep going to work. Also many couldn't afford to stop working and kept going even when they shouldn't have and spread the virus. Finally low paid workers tended to live in more crowded areas such as apartment blocks and council estates and so were more likely to spread it that way. The race issue comes when you realise that non-white people tend to be the poorer people in these situations.

This may be my limited understanding, but I thought the issue was more poverty based, which then becomes a race issue. 'Key workers' were mostly those in low paid jobs and had to keep going to work. Also many couldn't afford to stop working and kept going even when they shouldn't have and spread the virus. Finally low paid workers tended to live in more crowded areas such as apartment blocks and council estates and so were more likely to spread it that way. The race issue comes when you realise that non-white people tend to be the poorer people in these situations.
Yes, all valid points. I recall also Asian communities propensity for the different generations to live in same households was also a factor in spread in the earlier days of the pandemic pre Vaccine/ treatments.

IMO this is part of the Cold War that is going on between US and China. China's leadership never helped itself by not being transparent over how Covid came about, and this has helped lead to the uncertainty and "low confidence" theories. Now the Director of FBI espousing his non-transparent/peer reviewed lab theory.

According to some Chinese propaganda channels the virus was started by the Americans who brought it over on a military visit.

Personally I think that's nonsense but the lab leak theory does have some credibility.

According to some Chinese propaganda channels the virus was started by the Americans who brought it over on a military visit.
Yeh that's clearly BS and part of the CCP's propaganda/misinformation.
Personally I think that's nonsense but the lab leak theory does have some credibility.

It can't be ruled out. But other renowned experts in the field have said it is highly unlikely based on the genome sequence released.

It doesn't help having competing US agencies trying to get to the bottom of it, but without producing the evidence on which their findings are based. Even less when an FBI Director appears on a right wing news channel whose audience is renowned for lapping up conspiracy theories.

Yeh that's clearly BS and part of the CCP's propaganda/misinformation.

It can't be ruled out. But other renowned experts in the field have said it is highly unlikely based on the genome sequence released.

It doesn't help having competing US agencies trying to get to the bottom of it, but without producing the evidence on which their findings are based. Even less when an FBI Director appears on a right wing news channel whose audience is renowned for lapping up conspiracy theories.
Thing is. The Chinese are trying to deflect this saying America brought it into Wuhan. America is saying it leaked out of a lab. That's both of them saying that they don't think it jumped from humans to animals.

We know all the variants of COVID, we know it's geen sequencing, we have treatment and vaccines for it but know one seems to care where it came from. If it jumped from animals to humans then which animal and which human? It's been over 3 years since the start of pandemic and we are still none the wiser. The only people who have made statements are the American FBI and the Chinese state both blaming each other. Very worrying

Thing is. The Chinese are trying to deflect this saying America brought it into Wuhan. America is saying it leaked out of a lab. That's both of them saying that they don't think it jumped from humans to animals.

We know all the variants of COVID, we know it's geen sequencing, we have treatment and vaccines for it but know one seems to care where it came from. If it jumped from animals to humans then which animal and which human? It's been over 3 years since the start of pandemic and we are still none the wiser. The only people who have made statements are the American FBI and the Chinese state both blaming each other. Very worrying
It is. But without CCP's cooperation on this there will be no definitive answer to this. The Wuhan Wet market has long been cleansed and there is just no way they will allow any US officials or scientists into the Wuhan lab to review.

This to-ing and fro-ing between US and China's public officials helps nobody.

Ultimately what we all want to know is that this doesn't happen again and that comes from understanding how it came about in the first place. But human kind encroaching on animal's ecosystem lies at the heart of it. And that happens all over the world.

The other thing is that Governments have to have a ready action plan to implement . It was pretty clear no one in the West had one, the ones who had not previously been hit by SARS and MERs.

Not entirely true; but that sort of detective work takes time, and starts after the whole thing is under control a bit.

Latest posts