• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

No wonder Sunak wants maths taught at school for longer, if he was party to these discussions.
Not to mention that he's trying to fight his actual science advisors with a misquote from the financial times.
ETA: and well done Dom Cummings for putting on his idiot-explaining pants, to actually explain things in (hopefully) Boris-friendly bites.

Last edited:
The only downside to the release of these WhatsApp messages is that they are being used as tool by this journalist to whip up the anti lockdown/mask brigade and use it as part of her agenda against this. Forgetting that lockdowns were a last draconian resort to slow down the spread/transmission and buy time.

I mean, his ignorance revealed his ignorance. It wasn't particularly well hidden.

It's truly shameful how he has used (and no doubt continue to use) his Buffoonery to deflect criticism and got elected to PM. He wanted his legacy to be similar to Churchill, but this and party-gate, alongside Brexit and making the country poorer will be. Caught it and could have died from it and still didn't learn from it.

He has the deaths of 200,000 + people on his hands.

It's truly shameful how he has used (and no doubt continue to use) his Buffoonery to deflect criticism and got elected to PM. He wanted his legacy to be similar to Churchill, but this and party-gate, alongside Brexit and making the country poorer will be. Caught it and could have died from it and still didn't learn from it.

He has the deaths of 200,000 + people on his hands.
Hancock semi-succesfully washing his image via I'm a Celeb is revolting too

In defence of the Tories, Angel of Death Chris Whitty is seen above describing a 6% chance of dying amongst the elderly as "appreciable mortality". Appreciable = large enough to be noticeable.

I think the term he was grasping for was "it'd be a completely unimaginable catastrophe Boris" rather than "appreciable mortality".

Then here is Whitty calling for a relaxation of 14 day isolation to just 5 days in November 2020. So in the run up to the first Xmas of Covid, when we didnt have particularly well functioning vaccines (AZ introduced in Dec 2020 I think) and were still experiencing increasingly dangerous variants.

Whitty was desperate for herd immunity. At the very best he was incredibly ignorant of air borne viruses, unable to look at data from other countries that knew what they were doing, had no grasp of public reactions to laxer restrictions and was completely lacking in any sort of empathy or ability to evaluate the value of a human life.

At worst he was a profoundly dangerous sociopath who will hopefully experience appreciable medical conditions of his own before long. :p

It's no exaggeration to say I think he is one of the 3 worst British public figures of the past couple of centuries (excluding criminals). Abhorrent.

So continue to vaccinate the vulnerable, care workers and hospital staff. Rest of us will continue to catch it naturally. Haven't caught it since last June so hopefully T memory cells developed from vaccines and catching it have protected me since then.

I see that the new Tory three word slogan is "STOP THE BOATS". Should resonate with those GB news viewers not able to digest sentences of four words or more.

I just wonder if Covid thread should be shut down.
Do we not except its here,
It is was it is,
Old and infirm will die of it like flu,bronchitis et al.
Some others will randomly die as result of vaccines, or not having it ,( see above)
I'm an old fart with a medical condition and I can except what life/ death throws .
Big question why not others ??

I just wonder if Covid thread should be shut down.
Do we not except its here,
It is was it is,
Old and infirm will die of it like flu,bronchitis et al.
Some others will randomly die as result of vaccines, or not having it ,( see above)
I'm an old fart with a medical condition and I can except what life/ death throws .
When there's nothing even remotely interesting to say about it, I'm sure people will forget about the thread.

Because there's currently a public enquiry to learn the lessons of how we managed to have the highest death rate in Europe from this one. And there's no guarantee there won't be another global pandemic.

Also general consensus is that with global warming and the fact that humans and wild animals are living closer together due to the destruction of habitats, more viruses like covid are likely or even expected at shorter intervals.

Latest posts