• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

A politician or advisor makes a f#$k up, who cares really happens all the time us mear mortals suck it up , vote next time as we see fit. Kind of a non event for me as someone who ain't a Tory by the way.
This the covid thread not the political one so how about.
Oxford say pretty much cant get a vaccine but not enough across broad have virus to run trials.
Why do we care about 2 mtrs when WHO guidelines for outside are 1.
ICL advice to us looks crap about most things.
We all should be looking at how we return to normality as virus may well be gone totally in matter of weeks?
Who gives a stuff about a car drive and going outside its pointless in grand scheme of things.
Totally expect to be disliked however then think logical and look at what we have found as its evolved not what we thought in March.

Now reported to Durham Police by the bloke who thinks he saw him in Barnard Castle.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ice-about-dominic-cummings-as-pressure-mounts

For someone of Cummings' supposed intelligence I am amazed that he didn't see the risk of this coming. I am starting to think that Steve Baker is right in that the Tories made a huge error in letting him into No.10 and should have given him a 'behind the scenes' role.

It's pretty appalling that Cummings has played the childcare card (and brought his 4 year old into this) in an attempt to get himself off the hook. He is an arrogant narcissist who thinks he is above the law.

A politician or advisor makes a f#$k up, who cares really happens all the time us mear mortals suck it up , vote next time as we see fit. Kind of a non event for me as someone who ain't a Tory by the way.
This the covid thread not the political one so how about..
It is about COVID-19 and absolutely key to combatting it here's an explanation from a behavioural science memebr of SAGE and why it undermines the entire situation.

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857?s=19

Cummings isn't a minor member of the government this is Alistair Campbell or the fictional Malcolm Tucker. They are equally important in deciding our fates and shaping policy in clouding the government response to COVID-19

If he can't be trusted to follow the advice we are all good to follow. Why should we believe him when he tells us to follow it, why should we believe he is telling us the right thing he is being advised to do. It completely undermines the entire approach to the pandemic.

We all should be looking at how we return to normality as virus may well be gone totally in matter of weeks?
Who gives a stuff about a car drive and going outside its pointless in grand scheme of things.
Totally expect to be disliked however then think logical and look at what we have found as its evolved not what we thought in March.

Err, second wave?

That article is a load of ****, she is literally just a journalist reporting what the government has said? She's not even expressing an opinion, what is the problem there?

The problem is she never bothers to fact check whatever the Tory PR office tell her.

Remember the PR piece she put out about aide hit by protester at a hospital? Utter lies, but Laura didn't bother her hole checking if it were true or false before sticking it front and centre of the BBC news.

A disgrace to the profession.

Err, second wave?
Specify any evidence well it doesn't exist,unless of course you know something that experts don't.
Never happened China, SK Singapore not at present in Germany or any other European country so I'll stick you as a scaremonger or your just scared yourself.

It is about COVID-19 and absolutely key to combatting it here's an explanation from a behavioural science memebr of SAGE and why it undermines the entire situation.

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857?s=19

Cummings isn't a minor member of the government this is Alistair Campbell or the fictional Malcolm Tucker. They are equally important in deciding our fates and shaping policy in clouding the government response to COVID-19

If he can't be trusted to follow the advice we are all good to follow. Why should we believe him when he tells us to follow it, why should we believe he is telling us the right thing he is being advised to do. It completely undermines the entire approach to the pandemic.
I except what you believe except mine if you can , I see it as a none issue as hundreds of these from 70s onwards when I have been politicaly active.
I respect your right to disagree but don't except it

Johnson started by saying he would address the question of if there is one rule for Dominic Cummings and one rules for the British people. We'll he did and it's a yes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-po...gs-acted-with-integrity-over-lockdown-journey

Instead of actually saying no, he just talks about how he's fine with Cummings actions. BBC were laughable when one of their reporters said that he categorically said no to the question. At no point did he ever say no.

Johnson started by saying he would address the question of if there is one rule for Dominic Cummings and one rules for the British people. We'll he did and it's a yes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-po...gs-acted-with-integrity-over-lockdown-journey

Instead of actually saying no, he just talks about how he's fine with Cummings actions. BBC were laughable when one of their reporters said that he categorically said no to the question. At no point did he ever say no.

A lady called up Nigel Farage on his LBC show today and confirmed that she had decided to jump in her car and visit her mother who she hadn't seen in months as a result of Cummings' actions. This will no doubt be the tip of the iceberg. I guess backing him and keeping him in post is more important than saving lives.

Specify any evidence well it doesn't exist,unless of course you know something that experts don't.
Never happened China, SK Singapore not at present in Germany or any other European country so I'll stick you as a scaremonger or your just scared yourself.

There have been spikes in those countries post lifting of lockdown. Have you not heard Wuhan is testing all 11 million now? Spikes in Germany and South Korea (night club) due to reinfections.

So you cannot say it "never happened" and I am scaremongering.

This virus is not going to miraculously disappear. There is likely going to be 2nd and 3rd waves or have you really not been reading and watching the news and living in a cave somewhere during lockdown?

This autumn/winter combined with the flu could see a bigger impact. That is why they have keep an eye on the R number to keep it below 1 and lift restrictions slowly.

Oxford say pretty much cant get a vaccine but not enough across broad have virus to run trials.
Why do we care about 2 mtrs when WHO guidelines for outside are 1.
ICL advice to us looks crap about most things.

Sorry, what?

Can you rearrange the first and 3rd sentence to mean something please?

I'd also like a citation for the 4th sentence (and Donald "magically disappear in April" Trump is not a valid citation).

The second wave doesn't exist because I listed a load of countries that are taking extensive actions to prevent a second wave?

What the genuine f**k.

I thought what happened in March meant even the dumb c**ts among us got the gist of this (unless your in America).

just google "experts second wave" and you'll see they think it's going to happen.

politicians aren't "experts", scientists are

I except what you believe except mine if you can , I see it as a none issue as hundreds of these from 70s onwards when I have been politicaly active.
I respect your right to disagree but don't except it
Sure...you know I ******* hate that condescending I'm older than you tone. But sure I'm in my mid-30's but loads of people I know who have been politically active are appalled by this.

So kindly do one with that attitude.

Latest posts