• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Honestly for the protests I don't think we can blame Cummings, the bad part is they were likely ones condemning him. Of course this issue is a lot more important than Cummings but social distancing is more important than protesting this in country's outside the USA. In the USA protests need to attempt to maintaining some level of distancing but its complex.

IMO some of it must lay at his door. As time has passed, there has been a natural, gradual erosion of the collective willingness to follow the rules / recommendations. The Cummings episode accelerated this erosion, ergo, we can blame him (along with others) IMO.

Honestly for the protests I don't think we can blame Cummings, the bad part is they were likely ones condemning him. Of course this issue is a lot more important than Cummings but social distancing is more important than protesting this in country's outside the USA. In the USA protests need to attempt to maintaining some level of distancing but its complex.
I was being facetious on Cummings (well largely) but I just see too many dense people in this country. The lockdown easing is a shambles.

I wish it would p*ss down with rain for 6 months forcing people to stay inside.

I wish it would p*ss down with rain for 6 months forcing people to stay inside.

It sounds counterintuative, but that could make things worse. I have no doubt that some selfish entitled people will replace the ill advised, but vaguely compliant outside gatherings that they had planned for this weekend with clandestine indoor ones. I think BoJo mentioned this in his briefing today.

It sounds counterintuative, but that could make things worse. I have no doubt that some selfish entitled people will replace the ill advised, but vaguely compliant outside gatherings that they had planned for this weekend with clandestine indoor ones. I think BoJo mentioned this in his briefing today.

is anyone still listening? He lost the room a while back.

I read Ratings down on weekend briefings so they have scrapped them, but ones during the week still attracting viewership of 3m. Yeh, like in USA it's being used as some party political daily broadcast by the Conservatives.

The briefings are a waste of time. They won't actually answer questions and they don't present accurate information.

The media are not roasting them for their behaviour so why continue doing it? If they continue to call a "posted test" a "completed test", call them liars. That is what it is - lying.

Just read that today we announced 359 deaths against 324 from the whole EU27.

Not sure how reliable the numbers are but the picture's clear. Must stop reading all this stuff before my brain gets fried.

upload_2020-6-3_19-32-17.jpeg

I'll blame a huge amount of lockdown easing shambles Cummings way, I just passed a group of 6 lady runners none from the same household none 2 meters apart....

Starmer has it absolutely right when he says we swam to be having an exit with no strategy.

I just will give some latitude to Cummings with protestors because I do think they'd largely be doing it anyway.

Not listening, no, but I try to skim over the CliffsNotes that the BBC live post after the event.

The media are not roasting them for their behaviour so why continue doing it? If they continue to call a "posted test" a "completed test", call them liars. That is what it is - lying.

Nobody likely to do that appears to be allowed to ask questions. The good questions get sidestepped anyway and follow up questions have been refused in such cases. Hence, I don't bother watching. PMQs have a much better chance of yielding answers to questions or exposing problems.

The testing thing is a perfect example. Han(don)cock (IIRC) declared that data is being presented in the clearest manner possible, and moved on. Surely anyone worth their salt who was allowed to do so would have followed up by saying that surely it would be clearer to count a completed test as one for which we know the result. This is a perfect example of why the briefings only serve to frustrate (to me anyway).

The testing thing is a perfect example. Han(don)cock (IIRC) declared that data is being presented in the clearest manner possible, and moved on. Surely anyone worth their salt who was allowed to do so would have followed up by saying that surely it would be clearer to count a completed test as one for which we know the result. This is a perfect example of why the briefings only serve to frustrate (to me anyway).

The thing that really gets me is - these people treat the electorate with contempt, construct manifestos they have no intention of fulfilling, ignore peaceful protests when they are elected, then are left "shocked and bewildered" when folks' frustrations result in demonstrations becoming riotous.

Omg, some actually admitting they got it wrong rather than pretending everything is great and working like a charm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717
Macron also apologised at quite an early stage.

Johnson would regain a modicum of respect if he admitted some failings, but he won't. He's just not got it in him.

From the bit I saw Starmer played him beautifully at PMQs. The grown up and the toddler. He just gently winds Bojo up and leaves him to make himself look stupid.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-alok-sharma-coronavirus-test-speech-commons

Alok Sharma, the business secretary, has been tested for coronavirus after feeling unwell while delivering a statement in the House of Commons.

The cabinet minister has gone home to self-isolate following his appearance at the dispatch box earlier on Wednesday.

The parliamentary authorities are understood to have given the area a deep clean and MPs were at the time sitting at least 2 metres apart. "This was done as a precaution," a House of Commons source said.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1268263487689707523?s=09

It is quite ironic.

Are all MPs who where in the House of Commons yesterday going to isolate for 14 days now, under test and trace rules?

Last edited:
Are all MPs who where in the House of Commons yesterday going to isolate for 14 days now, under test and trace rules?

On the running averages, around 15% of those MPs that were in the house of commons might expect to be contacted and asked to submit themselves for testing.

But its a world class system.

:rolleyes:

Some positive news from ONS today suggest that Covid virus is falling at a high rate.
However downside is they believe most excess deaths as coming from old age demographic with dementia and other serious conditions may also be deaths with covid as well.
Guess time line of being a few weeks behind mainland Europe is correct.

Irish roadmap for reopening has been sped up dramatically, with four stages instead of five and shops and other stuff opening Monday! I'm chuffed that things are starting to get back to normal

Irish roadmap for reopening has been sped up dramatically, with four stages instead of five and shops and other stuff opening Monday! I'm chuffed that things are starting to get back to normal

Massive expansion, also I missed it but apparently Leo quoted Lord of the Rings, the big nerd.

Elite athletes allowed back to training as well so hopefully the gym and some form of rugby will return soon.

Massive expansion, also I missed it but apparently Leo quoted Lord of the Rings, the big nerd.

Elite athletes allowed back to training as well so hopefully the gym and some form of rugby will return soon.
Yeah he said "looks like meats back on the menu boys" and ******* devoured Simon Harris, it was a very charismatic note to end on!

Latest posts