• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

These "experts" have no credibility anymore. That George Floyd video is one of the most disturbing things I've seen on the internet but you can't change medical advice based on politics. They've set a dangerous precedent. Like I posted earlier the weaponisation of experts is dangerous and they've crossed the threshold now.

https://whdh.com/news/over-1000-hea...ests-using-coronavirus-concerns-as-an-excuse/

Just like the pigs in Animal Farm, they think we forgot the commandment.

First it was:
- Stay home, save lives

Now it's:
- Stay home, save lives unless it's BLM

These "experts" have no credibility anymore. That George Floyd video is one of the most disturbing things I've seen on the internet but you can't change medical advice based on politics. They've set a dangerous precedent. Like I posted earlier the weaponisation of experts is dangerous and they've crossed the threshold now.

https://whdh.com/news/over-1000-hea...ests-using-coronavirus-concerns-as-an-excuse/

Just like the pigs in Animal Farm, they think we forgot the commandment.

First it was:
- Stay home, save lives

Now it's:
- Stay home, save lives unless it's BLM

Or just maybe it's because the coronavirus is being used as cover by the Chinese authorities to suppress protests against their blatant betrayal of the 2 systems agreement and certain parallels may not want to be drawn?

It hasn't been stay at home for how many weeks now? Cummings, beeches and other public spaces but yeah its people protesting against systematic racism thats where I draw the line....

You either care about public health or you don't and it your starting to speak up now about public gatherings you clearly don't care.

Or just maybe it's because the coronavirus is being used as cover by the Chinese authorities to suppress protests against their blatant betrayal of the 2 systems agreement and certain parallels may not want to be drawn?
Not sure if you're being serious but there's lots of dots to connect before you can say the CCP controls the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Although they could give the CCP a run for their money looking at this part of the statement:

However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.

It hasn't been stay at home for how many weeks now? Cummings, beeches and other public spaces but yeah its people protesting against systematic racism thats where I draw the line....

You either care about public health or you don't and it your starting to speak up now about public gatherings you clearly don't care.
Did you read the article? They specifically said no other public gatherings can take place, especially protests about stay-at-home orders.

That's next level mental gymnastics.

Did you read the article? They specifically said no other public gatherings can take place, especially protests about stay-at-home orders.

That's next level mental gymnastics.
Nah your a twat whom I'd wish would say something overtly racist so TRF Olyy can ban your arse.

Nah your a twat whom I'd wish would say something overtly racist so TRF Olyy can ban your arse.
You wish there were more racist people in the world so you could easily dismiss them without having to form a coherent counter argument? Strange...

Not sure if you're being serious but there's lots of dots to connect before you can say the CCP controls the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Although they could give the CCP a run for their money looking at this part of the statement:

However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.

Maybe that's why I never suggested the CCP controls US disease centres. Are you being intentionally dense or does it come naturally? You literally go away for ages, pop up when you think you can get one over on the libs and then bugger off again.

You wish there were more racist people in the world so you could easily dismiss them without having to form a coherent counter argument? Strange...
I gave up doing that with you months ago which is why I'd I just wish you out yourself as biggoted piece of **** you are and I didn't have to see you post on here.

I gave up doing that with you months ago which is why I'd I just wish you out yourself as biggoted piece of **** you are and I didn't have to see you post on here.
Bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable ideas, and who thinks anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong.

Yeah I'm the one being unreasonable when I say the "health experts" can't pick and choose which mass gathering is allowed.

Maybe that's why I never suggested the CCP controls US disease centres. Are you being intentionally dense or does it come naturally? You literally go away for ages, pop up when you think you can get one over on the libs and then bugger off again.
You don't have to reply to everything I post?

Someone not buying the population density argument, comparing the UK to Singapore.

https://twitter.com/siubhanoc/status/1270619227960025088?s=20
Singapore is densely populated, but there are other factors,

One of the highest GDP's per Capita in the world by a staggering amount.
Population is less than London.
A hugely well funded social care system.
Authoritarian government.

Many factors lead to a successful tackling of this disease, population density is definitely one that would of helped NZ its why Singapore had to take other measures.

Singapore is densely populated, but there are other factors,

One of the highest GDP's per Capita in the world by a staggering amount.
Population is less than London.
A hugely well funded social care system.
Authoritarian government.

Many factors lead to a successful tackling of this disease, population density is definitely one that would of helped NZ its why Singapore had to take other measures.
Agreed. That's a weird twitter thread, a few massive jumps to make a bad and redundant point.

Many factors lead to a successful tackling of this disease,

Unfortunately, any and all natural factors still hinge on competent leadership.

The key difference between the UK and New Zealand in COVID results is not because of population density. Nor is it proximity to other large population centres. Comparing to Singapore and South Korea proves that.

The key difference is definitely competent leaders and almost certainly the average person in those other places being brighter/more pragmatic/less selfish than the average UK citizen.

Your missing the point, I'm not trying to to say the UK government did a great job. That these countries people are holding as bastions of doing well are not great comparisons as they had advantages based on population, geography, style of governance or pure raw money.

For New Zealand or Singapore to have a scale failure like us they'd have ****** up almost Sweden style and Sweden is a good comparison even though they did screw up worse in terms tactics they haven't done as badly as us on the numbers because those advantages.

If people want to compare us they should be looking at places like Germany or France where we get shat upon.

Latest posts