• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Sorry to disagree from good lady no where is safe did you believe you were safe in street?
The demographic who went to care homes were people who were immobile, couldn't feed without help, wipe their bottoms drink without help , dress undressed this list goes on.
So as good lady says were would send them being hospital isn't place for them as they aren't sick
Cant be at home as cannot look after themselves
I don't envy my wifes job however well paid.
She asks what's your solution.
She said she isn't having a go just curious on your solution to biggest issue in Hospitals.

No where is completely safe, but there is a difference between doing nothing and trying to make things safer. In terms of care homes the government did nothing at the start. In terms of what could have been done. More PPE to stop carers spreading the virus if they had it. More testing of carers to ensure they didn't have it. Isolate those returning and have those treating them separate from those who were already in the home. Fund care homes properly so they aren't running on skeleton staff. Simply put, if there was a will there was a way, but the government had no will to protect care homes at the start.

Yes you will point to funding and other issues like where to get extra workers, but these could have been solved had the government truly wanted to.

No where is completely safe, but there is a difference between doing nothing and trying to make things safer. In terms of care homes the government did nothing at the start. In terms of what could have been done. More PPE to stop carers spreading the virus if they had it. More testing of carers to ensure they didn't have it. Isolate those returning and have those treating them separate from those who were already in the home. Fund care homes properly so they aren't running on skeleton staff. Simply put, if there was a will there was a way, but the government had no will to protect care homes at the start.

Yes you will point to funding and other issues like where to get extra workers, but these could have been solved had the government truly wanted to.

This may be the case with publicly run care homes, but is it really the problem with private ones?

Mrs duncanb says you are like all politicians and dodge the questions ie your solution to solve bed blocking in 7 days.
She did add if it fits above a postage stamp you have some knowledge.

She sounds like a lovely person! We may be getting closer to the root of the problem though - she sounds much more interested in finding problems than identifying solutions.
She says lol swap jobs any day what would you do with a 99 yr old no relative no financial resources sitting in a hospital bed because they cant move and wipe arse cant walk et al.
Where do they go in your humble opinion and sadly how pays.

Mrs duncanb says you are like all politicians and dodge the questions ie your solution to solve bed blocking in 7 days.
She did add if it fits above a postage stamp you have some knowledge.

Honestly so confused. How did I dodge the question. I've said I understand the need to move elderly patients to free up beds. I'm not disagreeing with that. I also accept that there is a risk of contracting the virus regardless of how safe people try to make it. My point is that the government were sending elderly people back, while at the same time saying there was no major risk in care homes and focused all the resources on the NHS.

My solutions were:
Provide more PPE to carers, so they were less likely to spread the virus if they had it.
Test carers and elderly quicker and sooner so that they could isolate if necessary. Hell they originally stopped testing once there were more than 4 cases in a home as the assumption was it had spread at that point.
Better isolation of those returning from hospital.
Allocating staff into teams or bubbles so that there was less chance of cross-infection.
More funding to provide extra staff and resources.

(You might say where will stuff come, what about logistics or how can it be funded. Honestly not 100% here, but that is the government's job and I'm not going to create an entire cost-funded, workable plan on here.)

Mrs duncanb says you care but has no understanding of the whole issues.
Today she went to a family who refused to look after 86 mother as she was immobile , incontinent, not capable of eating anything but mush , but in same breath didn't want here assets( their inheritance) being used to care for her.
It's a hard nosed business/ social care don't think many could make decisions.
PPE she said was total bullshit as an argumentby the way as they are so close in wiping bums cleaning drool etc to be irrelevant, but of course she welcomea you to a care home visit anytime to see 90yr olds in nappies and bibs.

Any chance of moving on guys? Or Do we all need to stare in amazement that someone with 10 minutes though is less than an expert than someone with 30 years in the field?

Any chance of moving on guys? Or Do we all need to stare in amazement that someone with 10 minutes though is less than an expert than someone with 30 years in the field?
Mrsduncanb said yes but look at the underlying cause that old people are in homes because there families really don't know what to do.
A 2020 issue.

She says shares your pain as obviously been there and worn T shirt however hard, that others will never understand till in that situation.

Would be more than happy for Jacinda to be UK PM. A competent, relatable and compassionate PM would make a world of difference here after the last 5 PMs we've had.

No war necessary. We surrender.:p:D
You would love her she's a wannabe commie like Jeremy Corbyn

Zl6QDfM.jpg

Rushed a Bill through that allows the police to search your home without a warrant, to keep people "safe" from COVID. Chinese Communist Party would be proud!

Last edited:

Latest posts