• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

A couple of weeks old now, but an interesting article about how Ceredigion (mid Wales) have managed the Coronavirus pandemic in a proactive way and as such is the best performing county in mainland UK:

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/area-wales-missed-coronavirus-simple-18348215.amp

I know it has some things going for it from a rural and slightly isolated region. However it is also a university town and a tourist hotspot. It's not as if they haven't had cases either, early on they were following a similar projection as many other counties, but acted quickly and decisively to contain the spread, with one of my former teachers helping to develop a track and trace system which has proven very effective.

Shows what could have been achieved imo.

Also interesting to note that there's currently no cases in Aberystwyth hospital, and there hasn't been a single case in carehomes.

A couple of weeks old now, but an interesting article about how Ceredigion (mid Wales) have managed the Coronavirus pandemic in a proactive way and as such is the best performing county in mainland UK:

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/area-wales-missed-coronavirus-simple-18348215.amp

I know it has some things going for it from a rural and slightly isolated region. However it is also a university town and a tourist hotspot. It's not as if they haven't had cases either, early on they were following a similar projection as many other counties, but acted quickly and decisively to contain the spread, with one of my former teachers helping to develop a track and trace system which has proven very effective.

Shows what could have been achieved imo.

Also interesting to note that there's currently no cases in Aberystwyth hospital, and there hasn't been a single case in carehomes.
Right and how area spikes could be controlled as such.

Bloody hell beaches in Bournemouth packed to the hilt. Second wave only a matter of time.
Funny thing about it was Bournmouth council declaring a major incident.
Someone ran amoke with an icecream?
Car parks full, Rubbish on beach, drunks, urinating in public.
Ahh typical bank holiday there then.
Alot of press photos at 90° angle to beach also show alot of people distancing as well as ones who weren't.
Trying to work out what wave it will be actually.
As 2nd was Easter.
3rd was VE day.
4th Schools reopened.
5th was BLM matter.
ahh 6th wave Bournmouth beach.
I dont know if covid survives on sand, doubt it could be transmitted in the sea as too dilute.
We do know outside is as safe as you can be,
Personally wouldn't have gone but not going to cast a stone at people who do.
I personally risk assess what I intend to do and decide.
Would I go to a beach Yes.
Would I go to Bournemouth No because the traffic would be crap.
As always each to own.

Last edited:
Bloody hell beaches in Bournemouth packed to the hilt. Second wave only a matter of time.
That's the great British common sense for you.

We're already seeing it come back in parts of the US and continental Europe. It will bite back here, it's just a question of extent.

Also says about spread is mainly in the inside environment.
The teams investigating the outbreaks at various food processing plants.
Cases being passed by Car sharing and canteen facilities.
Can I see rises when pubs open yes .
Would I go inside a pub No.
Would I go outside in a beer garden Yes.
As I posted personal risk assessment for all activities.
I stand by comments on all second wave comments from outdoor gatherings not one shread of evidence from any mass gathering outdoor events In fact our rates are the exact opposite from each one.
again I respect your opinion to disagree but not a shread of evidence at present to suggest otherwise.

Funny thing about it was Bournmouth council declaring a major incident.
Someone ran amoke with an icecream?
Car parks full, Rubbish on beach, drunks, urinating in public.
Ahh typical bank holiday there then.
Alot of press photos at 90° angle to beach also show alot of people distancing as well as ones who weren't.
Trying to work out what wave it will be actually.
As 2nd was Easter.
3rd was VE day.
4th Schools reopened.
5th was BLM matter.
ahh 6th wave Bournmouth beach.
I dont know if covid survives on sand, doubt it could be transmitted in the sea as too dilute.
We do know outside is as safe as you can be,
Personally wouldn't have gone but not going to cast a stone at people who do.
I personally risk assess what I intend to do and decide.
Would I go to a beach Yes.
Would I go to Bournemouth No because the traffic would be crap.
As always each to own.

Of course that's why they are holding so many sporting events like the premiership, with so many crowds, Glastonbury and Wimbledon. Oh wait they are not. Of course it's about risk and being closely packed outside is still more risk than indoors. But behaviour when outside matters and no I don't agree that there was social distancing on that beach in Bournemouth no matter how many different camera angles.

Spikes will happen and there were peeps traveling from Birmingham. You cannot say they certainly did not catch it and spread it when they return home. That is the point there isn't enough evidence yet. It doesn't mean ergo no evidence we can go about are daily lives as normal and "each to their own." There is still a duty of care we owe to each other not to become careless because whilst a Majority who catch it may not suffer the effects of it badly there are those who will or do I have to remind you of that? And it is is those more vulnerable people we should not forget because too many have died or suffering long term lung damage which is only beginning to be understood.

we're getting our second wave in Victoria,Aus now too, other state premiers coming out with "don't interact with victorians, its dangerous" and more recently other parts of victoria not accepting people from "hotspot" areas...its getting bad

EbZ-yEpWoAEq_pl

I imagine we'll be following a similar trend in the next couple weeks

So the government have said they have the power to close the beaches.....but don't want to.

Gutless.

I guess I can see their logic: You can't be blamed for a second wave if you just ramp the first one back up again.

So the government have said they have the power to close the beaches.....but don't want to.

Gutless.

I guess I can see their logic: You can't be blamed for a second wave if you just ramp the first one back up again.

Genies are notoriously hard to put back in bottles.

Depressingly predictable though. Brits, sun and lager is a cocktail that causes havoc across the world.

Genies are notoriously hard to put back in bottles.

Depressingly predictable though. Brits, sun and lager is a cocktail that causes havoc across the world.

Literally, a bunch of Brits were banned from an area for being drunk and disorderly in Singapore...

As a nation we are a disgrace. Too many selfish idiots being blindly nationalist, anti-science and brought in by slogans.

Literally, a bunch of Brits were banned from an area for being drunk and disorderly in Singapore...
What? Seriously I went Singapore last year this is one of the things you are specifically warned against doing....

Latest posts