• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Create a player

create player is handy for keepingsquads upto date. if players come through the acadamy and burst onto the scene like many have done, like jamie roberts, leigh halfpenny (who was 7th choice winger at his club at the start of a season, then was named for the british lions nad has been an ever present player for wales since), the all blacks constantly bring someone through, and im expecting a certain winger they had in the u20s to burst through by the world cup, very similar to lomu. so players do come through out of nowhere. if a rugby game is going to be a game thats released every 3 or 4 years, then this mode is a huge plus to have.
All these COULD be included??

- Skin Colour
- Hair Style
- Hair Colour
- Facial Hair Style
- Skull Cap Option
- Shoulder Pads option
- Arm Guard Option
- Gumshield Option and Colour Option
- Tattoos option for arms and legs?
- Socks Up or Down Option
- Boots Option
- Tape Around Fingers and Wrist Option
- Tape and Bandage around the legs for the forwards (for the locks etc to be lifted)

- Height
- Build
- Weight

this shouldnt be instead of a game mode though. if i had to choose between this and a manager/career mode, its the manager/career mode every time.

I'd like a decent create-a-player mode. I'm never going to become a pro rugby player, not at 24 anyway and probably wouldn't have made it any younger. So why couldn't I live my dream on Rugby 2012? Afterall, EA has stuck shite loads of ******** creation modes on previous ***les.

Even have create a team mode. Chose their kit from other proper teams kit and change the colours. Then for promotional use chose the sponsors you want to have on the kit and even create your own logo for the team it would be a great thing. Also create a tornament mode would be good and add your custom team to your own custom tornament

You definently need to be able to alterbody shape that was lacking in Rugby 08

Even have create a team mode. Chose their kit from other proper teams kit and change the colours. Then for promotional use chose the sponsors you want to have on the kit and even create your own logo for the team it would be a great thing. Also create a tornament mode would be good and add your custom team to your own custom tornament

Finally someone else who thinks like me.. just saying on rugby league 2 worldcup edition they had a create a team mode thing which had all different premade logos and that and you just simply choose what ones you want and chose players you want from the rosters on the game(ie dancarter flyhalf, will genia scrumhalf).
i also think that you should be able to (just like on rugby league2 wce) edit the current players i mean the game always changes irl and one game cant keep up with all the changes.. so why not let you change the player for you. eg. rugby 08 lachie turner is very slow and wears headgear? fixable? yes! remove the head gear and boost his speed stats. richard kahui has red head gear fixable? yes! remove it.... get where im going people????

Wow Sam, that's a great idea. To be honest, if we can just get a decent console rugby game for once, I will be pretty happy but yeah, I love the ability to create different things within a game and that would be a massive thing to impress, I'm sure.

id love to see create a player mode its just so important i think the size (weight and hight of the player should) reflect the players skills e.g speed strength tackling etc do you dont get what happens in madden 10 where you have 170 pound wide recivers bowling over 350 pound linemen or 400 pound lard buckets out pacing lean 190 pound wide recivers. you should also be able to increase your player stats and physical size in the off season like if he had been going to the gym.

Hahah i find it funny how you called yourself dan the man....how original....and how would create a player do any good to a nation that sucked...?

i agree with nick your a horrific prat

agree with these guys:

Lucky number 7
nickdnz
alex

dan the man you are a dick face

It'd be pretty surprising if there isn't any form of player creation by now...

I wonder (well, wouldn't be surprised) if HB would have access to the player creation systems from the older FIFA games, seeing as they probably made them. I'm assuming the engines aren't so different, and that the character models are basically the same, so they should (hopefully) be compatible. I could understand if there's some sort of licensing issue or something where EA might not allow them to use products created with their money, since they're not funding this game, that would prevent them from using it. But with the Creation Centre feature coming in on the new FIFA, maybe EA would let them have the old system (at the very least let them have it for a discount, which should cost less then developing their own system).

If that's the case they probably know the system well enough that it's not a huge challenge to integrate it into the game, and make whatever tweaks it might need. this could be an effective way to integrate an improved and relatively modern player creation system, without spending a whole lot of time and money on the development process. If they do that, it would seem reasonable that there might not be the whole Create a Team feature, but at least it'll have something.

As for keeping squads up to date, I imagine by now they'll have online updating to keep rosters and stats fresh. I don't know if there's ready database available that undergoes frequent updates (maybe one of the European sports networks or the IRB or someone has one set up for stat tracking and reporting that they could hop on and have the player sync up with?), but in the Q&A they even mentioned how they're keeping an eye out for stat junkies.

Since these games don't come out all that regularly, I think HB is smart enough not to curse the game with a shelf life. They're going to have to work something in that makes it so someone can still pick up the game a year or so after release and not have all their stats be outdated, either by updates or player/roster editing. All in all, i trust them to make the right decisions on what features to have in the final product, and these seem like really big ones.

Last edited:
I will have to create players if my favorite team is not in the game... but then i need ALSO to be able to create a team, with its jersey and logo and play with it online with my friends !

I am all for the create a team feature. I know I shouldn't bring american football into a rugby forum but the create a team website that EA had for the college game was amazing. Upload your own logos complete kit design. all the bells and whistles. then download the team to your console for a price. I had dreams and aspirations of national rep side rugby but since it will never happen I like to live the dream of playing with my friends on our team against some of the best in the world. those are my two cents.

Latest posts