• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

Well it's the first day of the first test. Never mind the weather, summer is here.

England should win comfortably (although we said that last time) - England on the up, Sri Lanka rebuilding and early summer British conditions. Plus Joe Root.

Well it's the first day of the first test. Never mind the weather, summer is here.

England should win comfortably (although we said that last time) - England on the up, Sri Lanka rebuilding and early summer British conditions. Plus Joe Root.

Spoke too soon about Root today?!!

Test Grounds? So on that basis the nearest team to us here would be Hampshire? I mean I dont really like T20 anyway and this isnt helping. Meanwhie, in proper cricket we battered Yorksire and go into the final games with a legit chance of winning the Championship, couple that with a 50 over semi final, its been a good year for Somerset.

Blackbird!

So how about the Proteas winning another series in Australia, and becoming only the 2nd team in 80 years to win by an innings against Australia in Australia??

At least the Proteas are giving the Saffas a little bit of hope on the sports front.

So how about the Proteas winning another series in Australia, and becoming only the 2nd team in 80 years to win by an innings against Australia in Australia??

At least the Proteas are giving the Saffas a little bit of hope on the sports front.

That can't be right, didn't we do it 3 times in the 10-11 Ashes?

You are right. My Apologies. I was mislead by an uninformed commentator on our local sports channel.

Actually in fairness you could argue that that was the same team; so your statement might still be true. Regardless, a great result for South Africa (and for any self-respecting Pom of course!), haven't really followed the series though, who stood out for either side?

Actually in fairness you could argue that that was the same team; so your statement might still be true. Regardless, a great result for South Africa (and for any self-respecting Pom of course!), haven't really followed the series though, who stood out for either side?

No one for Australia, maybe Khawaja a bit, but nothing special.

For South Africa, pretty much everyone has done something good, but standouts are most likely De Kock, Rabada and Bavuma, but all of our seamers could be mentioned really. Honestly the players that stand out are those that haven't performed, and that's pretty much just Cook. Amla and Faf haven't really done all too much either run wise, but Amla is Amla and will bounce back and Faf has done a great job captaining the team so it hasn't really mattered.

Well done Proteas. Really clinical against us again. I'm really liking Rabada, young, quick, great attitude.

For us, Mennie is useless and an incorrect selection - mid 120km/h is pedestrian. Ditch him and give Jackson Bird or Scott Boland a shout.

Now that the series is gone, we must look to youth in batting - Peter Handscomb, Travis Head and Bailey to replace Burns, Ferguson and Voges. Wade to replace Neville. See how that goes.

Warner
Handscomb
Khawaja
Smith
Bailey
Head
Wade
Starc
Hazelwood
Bird/Boland
Lyon

Well, you have been missing out on some excellent cricket. Like Temba Bavuma's Superman run-out of David Warner:

[video]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PhpVachTDc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

For Australia, the Standouts were Warner, Khawaja and Hazelwood.
For South Africa it's Dean Elgar, JP Duminy, Temba Bavuma and Quintin De Kock with the bat, and with the ball it is Philander (who destroyed the Aussies in the first innings of the 2nd test) Kyle Abbott and KG Rabada.

I did see that runout on Youtube actually, insane skill! Not quite as funny as Jonty's head first dive in an ODI though...

Is Rabada the young, quick black bowler who stood out against us last year? Think he got a fivefer on debut?

Latest posts