• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

On the field he comes across as a bit aggressive and at times petulant. Not mention his thought that every ball that hits the pads anywhere near the stumps is out.

Not to mention the "walking" incident last Ashes series here

Yeah, being the only player in the history of cricket to not walk after hitting it does count against him.

Australia, that was some moronic batting even by your standards. I didn't see anything this morning except for the wickets recap at lunch, not many of those edges came from balls they had to play - mainly I saw Aussies flashing at wide ones. They've bowled a similar line this innings and it's been left to go through to the keeper. Will they not learn?

Traitor maybe, but still outbatted the other 11 Aussies with his magnificent 14 and he was "not out" to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent for his averages.

England take 9 run lead and maybe more to come!!!!!!! at 69 for 2

Last edited:
The lads always not out he averages infinity.

have to disagree he averages the amount of runs he scores as he is always not out.
Incorrect your batting average is calculated by your total runs scored divided by the amount of times you were out.

Basic Mathematics: x/0 = Infinity

Incorrect your batting average is calculated by your total runs scored divided by the amount of times you were out.

Basic Mathematics: x/0 = Infinity

as i said he averages the amount of runs he scores then divided by a number of times not out, which is always, so he must have an average and not infinity his average will be a very high number but he could be clutching at straws to whether he scores higher or lower than infinity

as i said he averages the amount of runs he scores then divided by a number of times not out, which is always, so he must have an average and not infinity his average will be a very high number but he could be clutching at straws to whether he scores higher or lower than infinity
That's his average per innings it's a completely different average to a batsmans batting average.

Sheesh it really is slow rugby-wise, hey.

dont worry we have our first pre season game tomorrow v Aurillac (Pro D2) in Millau 2 x 15players +3 bench each 40 mins and just a few Sud Affas in the 2 teams
Bees Roux, Paul Willesme starting, Craig Burden on the bench first half.
Second half....Pat Cilliers, Wian Liebenberg, Cameron Wright, Robert Ebersohn starting, again Craig Burden on the bench, Jocobie Adriaanse has picked up a little ****le injury so he is rested. The first half there are 10 French and 8 other, second half 11 French and 7 other (18 per team sheet) so we are well in the 55% Jifff demands although it will not count tomorrow. 9.9 players on a team sheet of 18 so we are well within requirements. who said we had so many foreigners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's his average per innings it's a completely different average to a batsmans batting average.

as i said clutching at straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the field he comes across as a bit aggressive and at times petulant. Not mention his thought that every ball that hits the pads anywhere near the stumps is out.

Not to mention the "walking" incident last Ashes series here

Ah okay.

Just going off experience off the pitch at Leicester.

Are you two really arguing over weather Extras has an average?

Just checking. If it does its better than my batting average I managed

I once managed a batting average of infinity over a season. Scored zero runs mind....(batted 11 in an adult team to make up numbers, the guy at the other end was usually out after I saw off the over of half pacers as I was a young'un).

Are you two really arguing over weather Extras has an average?

It's even more surreal than that, ncurd is arguing with a Frenchman over whether Extras has an average!

Anyway, it's all very well talking about averages but real class is measured by scoring runs when it matters - in his 2000+ tests, when has Extras ever scored the big runs to hold an innings together, or change the momentum of the game?! Flat track bully

Anyhoo

*ahem

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Great innings

Latest posts