• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

And credit to Johnson for reacting in a positive way. Could easily have lost it with the crowd.

Certainly he could have lost it but I didn't think he reacted at all either at the time (although he was obviously off focus with his last ball of the over after the abortive run up) or after he went to fielding position - Joe Root (and certainly I) found it hilarious though!!

Certainly he could have lost it but I didn't think he reacted at all either at the time (although he was obviously off focus with his last ball of the over after the abortive run up) or after he went to fielding position - Joe Root (and certainly I) found it hilarious though!!

I believed the "missed run up" was a response to the prolonged "oooooohhhh" as he prepared to bowl. Same goes for the final delivery, fast bowlers dont get it that wrong by accident

Why is Graeme Onions so out of favour? thought he might be the ideal replacement for Jimmy.

Why is Graeme Onions so out of favour? thought he might be the ideal replacement for Jimmy.

Rushworth is the better bowler up in Durham and is similar sho he was a lot of peoples favourites to get called up. Footitt was in the training squad so it's fair he's picked and Liam Plunkett plays for Yorkshire so that outweighs a lot

Plunkett in First Class Cricket this season

Played: 2
Innings Bowled in: 3
O:45.0
M:4
R:188
W:5
Ave: 37.60
Best: 2/26

Footitt

Played 11
Innings: 17
O: 350.0
M: 71
R: 1182
W: 50
Ave: 23.64
Best 6/94

Rushworth

P: 12
I: 23
O: 434.1
M: 97
R: 1286
W: 69
Ave: 18.63
Best 6/39

And for some Welshness

James Harris

P: 12
I: 22
O: 384.3
M: 63
R: 1399
W: 56
Ave: 24.98
Best: 9/34

So of course Plunkett deserves picking.......

Last edited:
Oh, my. And Anderson isn't even playing. World champions man-shamed. What a fickle sport!

Its a seaming wicket but not a 60 all out pitch. Broad was phenomenal, gave the ball a chance to move an get the edge and Australia obliged. Most went a bit to hard at the ball and that meant all the edges carried. The tail played it better, playing it later and softer but theyre not batsmen so couldnt be expecte to carry it. What a catch by Stokes too, plucked it out the air when the ball was almost past him.

Lets hope Cook and Lyth, especially, can get some runs on the board.

Well that's possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from an Australian side... Just awful. Can't work out what's happened to this side. Beat England 5-0 only a year ago along with the South Africans and then won an ODI World Cup whilst England couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag. Crazy stuff

Well done Broad.......have a great drink, put your feet up and rest as the batters will be in for a couple of days now!!!!

_84710012_doughnut.png

Well that's possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from an Australian side... Just awful. Can't work out what's happened to this side. Beat England 5-0 only a year ago along with the South Africans and then won an ODI World Cup whilst England couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag. Crazy stuff

In April, most associated with England felt we were in a shambles and would be lucky to win 1 test, let alone to win 2 of the 3 and be on top in the 4th Test. There has been a change in attitude, that amazing ODI series against NZ has been a catalyst, we've discovered its a good thing to play an adventurous brand of cricket. The players believe in the coaching set up, the cloud surrounding you know who has lifted and been forgotten about.

As for Australia they're suffering as they are failing to react to "English conditions". In the pitches normal to England (and Wales) Cardiff, Brum and here the technique and mental strength has been exploited. The "best in the world" is looking average, their captain (who I've always rated so highly) is so out of form you worry for his career. Actually you could argue England have put Watson, Haddin and Voges out of the Test arena by their bowling (though Haddin less so and Rogers has already confirmed retirement).

What?

Really nice bloke have met him a couple of times at tigers games.

Been looking at aus media all morning great stuff.

On the field he comes across as a bit aggressive and at times petulant. Not mention his thought that every ball that hits the pads anywhere near the stumps is out.

Not to mention the "walking" incident last Ashes series here

Highest scoring batsman for the Aussies was Extras with 14 never met or heard of the guy but he will be picked for last test that's for sure

Highest scoring batsman for the Aussies was Extras with 14 never met or heard of the guy but he will be picked for last test that's for sure

Cracking Aussie player that Extras. Got a bright future in front of him:).

Latest posts