• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

Blimey, if that's the shape of things to come, I'm going to be watching a lot more one day cricket.

Definitely a big step in the right direction. Hopefully that gives everyone a big jolt of confidence and can keep it up

What a great series. Hopefully the ashes will be as close...

Would be hugely excited and pleased - certainly, and if only, because a certain Mr Bighead, with his penchant for private jets, would definitely have no future England career!!

However, the Aussies in a 5 day scrap for the Ashes will be a different test for the youngsters than the Kiwis, albeit one of their better sides!

I would just like to congratulate AB De Villiers with the birth of his son.

11057371_10153704822763646_1681804865941256412_n.jpg

I don't know what his name is yet, but I hope it's CD, just to keep it going...

I would like to congratulate Dale Steyn in taking his 400th test wicket this morning.

He is equal 2nd on the list of getting to this feat together with Sir Richard Hadlee, with 80 tests.

He does however top the list in strike rate, as well as the amount of Overs it has taken him to do so. Well done it Phalaborwa Express!!

Am enjoying the Birmingham Test and would only say that maybe England do know what they are doing Mr Starc but do you?!!!!

Turns out those people saying England didn't have a chance after the second test were as wrong as those people saying Australia didn't have a chance after the first test.

Who knew.

Turns out those people saying England didn't have a chance after the second test were as wrong as those people saying Australia didn't have a chance after the first test.

Who knew.

RIP Ashes thread

Finn bowled superbly, probably his best in an England team, caused issues with pretty much every ball. Warner was the only one who looked like he had a clue today. Only shame it looks like Anderson has done an intercostal and that could be him done for the series.

RIP Ashes thread

Finn bowled superbly, probably his best in an England team, caused issues with pretty much every ball. Warner was the only one who looked like he had a clue today. Only shame it looks like Anderson has done an intercostal and that could be him done for the series.

I forgot there was an Ashes thread. Never mind.

Aussies don't bat well in classic English conditions, no big shock there. They all (apart from Warner obviously) looked caught between two stools, wanting to be positive (which is fair enough - Warner, Root, Bell, Ali all had success by being positive) but not knowing when. Shot selection, in short. Nevill deserves credit for digging in, but at the same time 12 of 368 balls or whatever it was is never going to be enough to change the momentum; on the other end of the scale is The Best Batsman In The World's horrendous shot. On top of that, a succession of batsmen playing at too much outside off in classic young Aussie in England style, everything (apart from Warner) stank of confusion about how to approach an innings on that pitch with good bowling.

Fantastic from Finn though, looked absolutely fantastic every ball I saw him bowl.

Agree with pretty much all that. Nevil did well but many are suggesting he shouldn't even be in the team now Haddin is available again. I do worry for Lyth again, he's been found out wide outside off again, looks a walking wicket at the moment.

Rarely do I agree with Bob Willis but Lyth does not look up to it to me?!

Rarely do I agree with Bob Willis but Lyth does not look up to it to me?!

Looks devoid of confidence, the Aussie bowlers know how to get him out at the moment. He is a good player but theres a difference between Ashes Tests to normal Tests and to county cricket

Finn has been bowling superbly, even in the First innings he looked very good even though he didn't get so many wickets. He was the one who set the batsmen up so that Anderson and co can do the damage.

Also, Congrats to Mitchell Johnson for joining the 300-test wickets club!

Last edited:
Agree with pretty much all that. Nevil did well but many are suggesting he shouldn't even be in the team now Haddin is available again. I do worry for Lyth again, he's been found out wide outside off again, looks a walking wicket at the moment.

Everyone has weaknesses, unfortunately that particular weakness is incompatible with opening the batting in tests, especially in England.

Lyth gone for 12 in second innings to plumb LBW so not just playing outside off stump. Back to County game methinks!

I love Edgbaston Tests, as well as the good record we have, the crowd has so much fun and gets stuck into the occassion.

I agree with you and loved the way in which the crowd got after Mitchell Johnson who had to curtail a run up and then bowled the next ball from just in front of the umpire!!

Good win for England but does that mean that it will be a crushing defeat next match as it is Australia's turn!!

I agree with you and loved the way in which the crowd got after Mitchell Johnson who had to curtail a run up and then bowled the next ball from just in front of the umpire!!

Good win for England but does that mean that it will be a crushing defeat next match as it is Australia's turn!!

And credit to Johnson for reacting in a positive way. Could easily have lost it with the crowd.

Latest posts