• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I stand corrected:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_leag...ers/8387114.stm

Reckon it will be a good move, get some rugby up in North Wales![/b]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tqxzWdKKu8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tqxzWdKKu8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So basically...the Crusaders just want to move back up north to what is, lets face it, the North East of England which means that the RFL and Superleague are right back at square one with no expansion outside of the North East to show for it.

This quote speaks volumes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Confusion over where the Crusaders will play next season has grown in recent weeks and the Rugby Football League (RFL) is keen to see the matter resolved.[/b]

Thats spin for:

The RFL are really getting ****** off at the Crusader's antics and are seriously starting to regret embarking on this whole experiment in the first place![/b]

The problem is that the RFL are heavily involved in the day to day running of the Crusaders because the governing body don't trust the club. That is a seriously dire situation. If the Crusaders do move north, I think heads should roll at the RFL. The club were given a Super League license based on the premise that they would be promoting the game in the south of the country, which is accepted as a "rugby league hot spot."

I am becoming seriously concerned that the sport has no future in Wales at all. I can almost certainly say that unless they fill out the Racecourse next year, the RFL will get another year of backtracking and in 2011, when the new licenses are issued, the Crusaders will be back in the Championship, and given 12 months when they go home to south Wales, with their tail between their legs and no fans left, they'll be gone within 18 months after that.

I hate writing it as I was heavily in favour of licensing them, and I hope the above paragraph appears in people's signatures in 2-3 years, but I am less than convinced they have any hope of survival, and that hope becomes less and less every news story I read.

my mum said that she was told they had until next week to make a decision on where their base is

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 4 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So basically...the Crusaders just want to move back up north to what is, lets face it, the North East of England which means that the RFL and Superleague are right back at square one with no expansion outside of the North East to show for it.

This quote speaks volumes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Confusion over where the Crusaders will play next season has grown in recent weeks and the Rugby Football League (RFL) is keen to see the matter resolved.[/b]

Thats spin for:

The RFL are really getting ****** off at the Crusader's antics and are seriously starting to regret embarking on this whole experiment in the first place![/b]
[/b][/quote]

North-East England, you sure you don't mean North-East Wales? Gateshead are the only team in the North-East.

Is this the same Crusaders that former NZ warrior (rugby league) and Otago (rugby) rugby player Michael Witt has signed to play for?

How come everything Leyton Samuel get's involved with turns into an utter farce? They were awarded a massive thing when they were allowed into the Super League, yet they have made a complete mockery of the system. Even if supporters turn out in Wrexham, I woudn't be atall surprised if they were chucked out come 2012.

Well done for making Wales look stupid Crusaders. Cab't see a Neath based side ever being awarded a place in Super League (the majour goal of this new proposed League One team). Why would they, when the Crusaders obviously struggled to gain enough support?

I don't see the issue. Wales is a RU country so lets just leave the Welsh fans to play and support RU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 8 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't see the issue. Wales is a RU country so lets just leave the Welsh fans to play and support RU.[/b]
=/
Quite an ignorant view of the situation really.
There are many RL fans in Wales, despite what the Crusaders financial success (or lack thereof) suggests.

An EXTREMELY ignorant view of the situation actually. If Dale knew his history, he'd be aware of just how Welshmen have played both codes.

Yep... Wigan offered all the amateur Welsh internationals contracts, Wigan won a lot, Union turned pro, Jason Robinson played Union.

Amirite?

Latest posts