• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup Mod

B-rad do you wana combine the currie cup teams and the anz cup teams to play in one comp?

Yeah, just in case someone finds out a way to edit the tournament files. There are still 8 teams left to overwrite in the roster.
If you want, I will overwrite the Air NZ cup with the Currie cup Squads - in place of the English Premier Trophy.
I've become a bit sidetracked in regards to rosters over the last day.I am currently working on a mod for all the logos and minikits for the Air NZ and Currie Cup Squads. So far, I am able to change all the logos (Team selection, team management screens and in-game). They're very basic at the meantime (Just a flag, containing the teams colours - due to lack of Photoshop experience).

Yeah, just in case someone finds out a way to edit the tournament files. There are still 8 teams left to overwrite in the roster.
If you want, I will overwrite the Air NZ cup with the Currie cup Squads - in place of the English Premier Trophy.
I've become a bit sidetracked in regards to rosters over the last day.I am currently working on a mod for all the logos and minikits for the Air NZ and Currie Cup Squads. So far, I am able to change all the logos (Team selection, team management screens and in-game). They're very basic at the meantime (Just a flag, containing the teams colours - due to lack of Photoshop experience).
[/b]

B-rad my idea is to replace the 12 english teams with the 12 anz cup teams or with the 12 currie cup teams and then replace 12 other european teams with either the one or the other and then use the english premiership fixtures,there will be two fixture files,one for the currie cup and one for the anz cup,so if you wana play the currie cup you must have the fixture file with the 12 currie cup teams installed and if you wana play the anz cup you have the other one installed.

I will try and make you some examples and send them to you so that you can see what Im talking about.

Cheers
Ross

Just realised this was here!

Unless the South Africans want the ANZ Cup patch I don't see why you are going to so much effort trying to fit both in. I guess the original plan from Fa'atau was to have a choice in which patch to have. Leave the ET alone and just work on the Guiness premiership for each. Also make a note that the two patches are not compatable with each other. This is pretty much the only solution without disturbing the RWC and Super 14. The ET's structure is a pool cup, which can't be changed so yeah.

Woo, Mazda Australian Championship looks good. Any way we could get a Tooheys New Shute Shield comp going? I'd be more than happy to get pics of everything and rosters.

Woo, Mazda Australian Championship looks good. Any way we could get a Tooheys New Shute Shield comp going? I'd be more than happy to get pics of everything and rosters.
[/b]

Shute Shield? As in 1st grade club rugby? If you were gonna keep the players stats in line they would, for the most part, have stats in the 40's and 50's.

I take it there is no way to change the rules to the ELV's? :p

I heard from someone that the Australian Championship is cancelled because of lack of support.

Yeah, the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship was cancelled at the end of 2007 because of financial losses. I have created a combined Air NZ Cup, Currie Cup and ANZ Championship patch - but have discontinued it, due to a lack of support.
Teams have been renamed, squads edited and logos created - they just need kits, which I sort of half started. I will post them tommorrow for all those who want to continue with the project.

B-rad could you check ANZ Cup thread. Problem with the files that you uploaded.

Yeah, I deleted something and then the file corrupted. Did the same with a file on my laptop computer, which caused it to crash!!
When I get everything fixed again - will post the updated files.

I'm still interested in this ANZ Cup & Currie Cup mod just that I'm leaving the kits to Fa'atau so there's not really much I can help with. If I knew how to do the flags and stuff I guess I could help out there. Hope everyones still keen to make this patch because it might EA ideas and than they might consider doing it in their next installment. Haha wishful thinking

G'day fellas,
I've got Photoshop and I'm fairly skilled in it, I've never created kits before though, but I really want to have a go. I currently only own Rugby 06 but I could still probably create things for 08 if I could get ahold of the files.
Do I need a program to extract the in-game images? BigUI or something?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B-rad @ Jun 24 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B-rad @ Jun 25 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have edited the Air New Zealand Comp roster - so as to contain 14 Air NZ Cup teams plus 8 Currie Cup Premier Division teams.

Lions - Replaces Biarritz
Blue Bulls - Replaces Bourgoin
Natal Sharks - Replaces Castres
Free State Cheetahs - Replaces Clermont
Western Province - Replaces Perpignan
Boland Kavaliers - Replaces Paris
Valke - Replaces Toulouse
Wideklawer Griquas - Replaces Leinster.

At present, I am deciding which teams will replace the last remaining 8 European Trophy team spots.
I am thinking of overwriting the European Trophy and replacing it with a Southern Hemisphere Trophy with either the following;
1.) 8 Mazda Australian Rugby Championship teams
2.) 6 Remaining South African teams plus 2 Australian teams
3.) 4 Australian, 2 Argentinan and 2 Pacific teams.

There is still a bit of work to do on the roster - (fine tuning stats, player likenesses..etc), so hopefully Ross may be able to tweak the roster (As I am not familiar with alot of the non Super14 players).

http://files.filefront.com/Currie+Cuproszi...;/fileinfo.html[/b]

In regards to swapping rosters, both .eng files (Default.english file and Modified.english file) can both be placed into the default directory in seperate zip files. Extract and overwrite the appropriate .eng file, before starting the game.That way, the team names can return back to normal - when you want to play the European trophy again. As long as a backup copy exists in the zip file - it should all work out fine.
[/b][/quote]
i cant find the .eng file .. plz help ?

The .eng file is this one dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.eng which should be placed in your main rugby 08 directory.

Western Province kit has been uploaded in my main thread. I have also made Blue Bulls recently, but it needs work.

ok so the .eng file should only be pasted into the main folder . and not replacing any files becouse
i cant find an existing .eng file

sorry for the trouble

Latest posts