• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Damn you Nike

i saw cal playing on cstv. not bad for an american varsity team. if im not wrong, uath wears the tight fitting jerseys too. is it just me, or is the guy in the background(in the nike pic) wearing shorts that dont look that tight, or is it just the shadows
[/b]

you in america?

yea i saw them playin on cstv as well, they have nice kits

Ohio State's are now made by Kooga to so those should be sharp

i just had training in one of the worst possible humidity level you can get! the shirt and shorts we were wearing were just completely SOAKED! its so hard to move around in them! i guess, all these "dry-fit" technology they're putting on to rugby jerseys will help problems like this!

it sort of does, but the main purpose of the "dri-fit" is to wisk the sweat away from your body, makin it more breathable and cooler while on you

it does seems to repel a little water though, but when it gets soaked its still quite light

See that takes the fun out of rugby...

Running round with a shirt that ways half a ton cos its soaked in water is fantastic, builds characters.. makes men out of boys....

My team play in tight fitting Kukri shirts, and they're handy in that they're not heavy, are strong and you can't get caught by them.

But my side took part in the Lexus fesitival of rugby yesterday, and we were given Canterbury strips as part of the deal. But not the armourfit ones, the heavy ones. And it was terrential rain, so they were really heavy and baggy.

The fact is, tight fittin nylon ones are better as they're more comfy and harder to grab. Shirts like the CCC armourfit ones, KooGa and Kukri fitted ones are good, but none of this nike pish. Their American, and thus know sweet FA about rugby.

Does Canterbury even offer their armourfit jerseys outside of proffesional and national teams? I was looking for it today out of curiosity & couldn't find it.

i'm confused... which Armourfit jersey are you talking about??

my club uses Kooga, and I LOVE IT!
my international jersey is custom made... no brand...

I understand the jersey. That makes sense. I hate the tight fits but I can see their advantages and I do understand why a lot of people like them. I just find binding in the scrum is a hell of a lot harder with with these stupid jeryseys. They're so slipery. I say if they continue down this road there should be places that you can grab onto on the jersey. I also don't like the feel of the jersey and it's not as comfortable.

Theses Nike shorts however have to go. The difference between what they have now and what nike is looking at is so minimal there would be no advantage. Unless you're wearing shorts made by Barbarian you're not going to have problems with them being heavy and clunky. These shorts look retarded and don't do anything to help you except maybe help you look like an idiot.

I understand the jersey. That makes sense. I hate the tight fits but I can see their advantages and I do understand why a lot of people like them. I just find binding in the scrum is a hell of a lot harder with with these stupid jeryseys. They're so slipery. I say if they continue down this road there should be places that you can grab onto on the jersey. I also don't like the feel of the jersey and it's not as comfortable.

Theses Nike shorts however have to go. The difference between what they have now and what nike is looking at is so minimal there would be no advantage. Unless you're wearing shorts made by Barbarian you're not going to have problems with them being heavy and clunky. These shorts look retarded and don't do anything to help you except maybe help you look like an idiot.
[/b]
Why do all the teams in N.America wear barbarian? Every club I've played at...they're the heaviest, thickest, stiffest, hotest (word?) material. Ugggghhh.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Why do all the teams in N.America wear barbarian? Every club I've played at...they're the heaviest, thickest, stiffest, hotest (word?) material. Ugggghhh.
[/b][/quote]

It's cheap and it's made in Canada so there is little shipping fee. Schools like mine that are poor and can't afford real jersey's go barbarian. Actually come to think of it even the rich schools wear them. The only difference is the rich schools have the new tight fit stuff, so it's basicaly the same. But the shorts still suck. That's why I import CCC shorts.

Haha, my school has CCC jerseys and shorts. There seems to be a chance though that we will be changing in the near future. Maybe Kooga....

[/b]

Be thankful....look at what Samurai give Waterloo to wear :

waterloo-home-0607.jpg

It's fine as a jersey but what's with the fadey stripes?

It's a bit reminiscent of Tie die...maybe they are trying to capture the hippies? It's not bad, though...I do prefer a crisp, definable stripe, myself, but it's not bad. Try playing a match in an inch of stiff cotton.

I'll have to give Mr. Belvedere a good talking to.
[/b]

You just can't get the staff these days....as evidenced by the design team responsible for Stade Francais's new away kits :

Sadi189369_1.jpg

SA001r_1.jpg

Buy one here...if you are very brave.

Latest posts