• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Biggar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Apr 2 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah ok, obviously wasn't good enough as the one thing the Ospreys can do is develop youngsters into quality players.[/b]

Lee Halfpenny for example ;)

:D
Merriman never actually played for the Ospreys, but was a good player for Neath. He just wasn't professional enough.

Personally, I don't see him overtaking Hook for another 4 years at least. I wouldn't be too suprised to see him make the 6N squad for Wales next season, although he'll probally just come off the bench against Italy.

Robinson over Biggar, I'd say. Tuvey is Wales' next fullback.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Jul 10 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Personally, I don't see him overtaking Hook for another 4 years at least. I wouldn't be too suprised to see him make the 6N squad for Wales next season, although he'll probally just come off the bench against Italy.

Robinson over Biggar, I'd say. Tuvey is Wales' next fullback.[/b]

Is he biggar than Dan.

What?!?! You were thinking it, I just opened my gob.

I remember watching a Wales U20's game a wee while ago. There was an long haired openside making a real mischief of himself, who is he and is he likely to be a big deal?

well Bigz has been playing well and i've followed him since the U20 World Cup aswell and he has improved loads.
i think it wont be long before Jones'll be worrying about his postition in the team
as long as Bigz gets his kicking sorted - cross field is perfect but penalties have been worrying from him recently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 18 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
as long as Bigz gets his kicking sorted - cross field is perfect but penalties have been worrying from him recently.[/b]

To be fair, that's one things we very rarely have to worry about. We always seem to have someone on the team who can kick a good penalty.
It seems we have 3 on the field at any given moment recently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 20 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 18 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as long as Bigz gets his kicking sorted - cross field is perfect but penalties have been worrying from him recently.[/b]

To be fair, that's one things we very rarely have to worry about. We always seem to have someone on the team who can kick a good penalty.
It seems we have 3 on the field at any given moment recently.
[/b][/quote]

true his kicking seems better during internationals though but its when he plays for Ospreys that he needs to sort it out

Bigger will be suberb in a few years, I have no doubt about it. Just give him time to develop more.

Yeah, he's only won two grand slams and kept a near-perfect record every time he's started for Wales. What a disappointment!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 1 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, he's only won two grand slams and kept a near-perfect record every time he's started for Wales. What a disappointment![/b]

That is true, yet I feel he promised a lot more. A player like Henson promised to win maches for Wales and a apart from that kick he hasn't really. He is a good team player but sadly not a lot more and now that we have discovered Leigh Halfpenny can boot em over from 50-odd meters the other novelty with Henson has gone.

Woooooooooow.

My fault. I was only having a laugh but this topic is about Biggar and I agree, he looks like he could be the real deal.

The difference between Biggar and Hook, is that Biggar can already control a game. That's something Hook has struggled with, especially after defenses realised that as long as you dodge his hand off, he's an easy target to tackle. Running sideways waiting for gaps to open worked in his first season, but once defenses realised what he was doing, he's been ineffective. Biggar's developing nicely imo, as is Prestland at the Scarlets. Priestland is a little off hit and miss at the posts, but the rest of his game is very good, younger version of Nicky Robinson anyone?

Latest posts