• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Biggar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 1 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The difference between Biggar and Hook, is that Biggar can already control a game. That's something Hook has struggled with, especially after defenses realised that as long as you dodge his hand off, he's an easy target to tackle. Running sideways waiting for gaps to open worked in his first season, but once defenses realised what he was doing, he's been ineffective. Biggar's developing nicely imo, as is Prestland at the Scarlets. Priestland is a little off hit and miss at the posts, but the rest of his game is very good, younger version of Nicky Robinson anyone?[/b]

Bigz has been able to control the game since he was a kid apparantly.
Yeah i can sort of see Rhys as a younger version of Nicky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 1 2009, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brendan @ Nov 29 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bigger will be suberb in a few years, I have no doubt about it. Just give him time to develop more.[/b]

They said that about Hook.
[/b][/quote]

Not every player is the same, obviously. Just give him more time before they throw him into the 6 nations until he is actually fully ready to play at that level. A few years with occaisional apperances for Wales should do the trick, and then test him in the 6 nations instead of a James Hook who became a full fledged international the same year he became a regular for ospreys.

Bring him on at 60 mins against Scots and Italy, Game should be won, he'll learn from this!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brendan @ Dec 6 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 1 2009, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brendan @ Nov 29 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bigger will be suberb in a few years, I have no doubt about it. Just give him time to develop more.[/b]

They said that about Hook.
[/b][/quote]

Not every player is the same, obviously. Just give him more time before they throw him into the 6 nations until he is actually fully ready to play at that level. A few years with occaisional apperances for Wales should do the trick, and then test him in the 6 nations instead of a James Hook who became a full fledged international the same year he became a regular for ospreys.
[/b][/quote]

I totally agree with you, man.
I was just slating Hook internationally.
Yeah, biggar has got much more potential than Hook did in my opinion.
It's just a matter of time - he will be our first choice number 10, but we've got to get him ready for that spot quickly. Stephen Jones is no spring chicken!

Latest posts