• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dayglo shows his true colours.

like i said, the key word there is WAS in my opinion he should never have come back into international rugby this year, his best years have passed.

clearly dignity and respect (things which for me have always appeared at the forefront of rugby etiquette) now mean bugger all when there is a bit of money involved for a person.

ashton clearly wasn't doing a great job at the beginning of the world cup, and made some very bad player selections. he did a good enough job to get us to the final. and club ties mean very little to me when the national team is involved. you know very little about me :)

What ? you dont seem to realise that Dallaglio was not only one of the finest players in world rugby over the last 10-15 years but he has been one of the great leaders of his time. You wont find anyone who has played with him who has anything bad to say about him. The world cup is over,he will never play for England again and he is getting as much exposure as he can for his new book. Who wouldnt do the same in his position?

[/b]

Well none of the other 31 players in the squad nor any of the coaching or team staff are rushing to get their sides of the story out. Good coach or bad Brian Ashton has chosen not to defend himself against such allegations and has actually handled this on a far more mature level than Dallaglio has.

I don't care who he is or what he has done, no one person is bigger than the jersey and you do not do things that will bring the honour and the pride of the jersey into disrepute.

Getting exposure by loudly putting England's dirty underwear on display to all and sundry (not to mention being the 'senior player' who leaked all the dirty secrets of the actual World Cup before his actual book launch) is just not on and talking about strictly private team matters reflects badly on the commitment of the players who pull on the jersey.

Don't forget how instrumental Brian Ashton was as backs coach for England under Sir Clive Woodward. The man is patently not suited to the role of Head Coach but as a coach for his specific area he could be arguably one of the finest backs coaches in the world. This is such a humiliating way to treat a man who has given so much to the cause and Dallaglio should be ashamed of himself.

Dean Richards hit it right on the nail. Ban the bugger (and anyone else thinking of doing something equally nefarious) from even looking at Twickenham ever again.

Although i find Dallaglio quite interesting to listen to he has overstepped the mark this time, to critisize a man who turned England from average no hopers into world cup finalists is incredible, how he did it is irrelivent. I always habe a good laugh watching Lawrence now, consistently driven back in the tackle i think its time for the big man to take his bow.

<div class='quotemain'>

What ? you dont seem to realise that Dallaglio was not only one of the finest players in world rugby over the last 10-15 years but he has been one of the great leaders of his time. You wont find anyone who has played with him who has anything bad to say about him. The world cup is over,he will never play for England again and he is getting as much exposure as he can for his new book. Who wouldnt do the same in his position?

[/b]

Well none of the other 31 players in the squad nor any of the coaching or team staff are rushing to get their sides of the story out. Good coach or bad Brian Ashton has chosen not to defend himself against such allegations and has actually handled this on a far more mature level than Dallaglio has.

I don't care who he is or what he has done, no one person is bigger than the jersey and you do not do things that will bring the honour and the pride of the jersey into disrepute.

Getting exposure by loudly putting England's dirty underwear on display to all and sundry (not to mention being the 'senior player' who leaked all the dirty secrets of the actual World Cup before his actual book launch) is just not on and talking about strictly private team matters reflects badly on the commitment of the players who pull on the jersey.

Don't forget how instrumental Brian Ashton was as backs coach for England under Sir Clive Woodward. The man is patently not suited to the role of Head Coach but as a coach for his specific area he could be arguably one of the finest backs coaches in the world. This is such a humiliating way to treat a man who has given so much to the cause and Dallaglio should be ashamed of himself.

Dean Richards hit it right on the nail. Ban the bugger (and anyone else thinking of doing something equally nefarious) from even looking at Twickenham ever again.
[/b][/quote]

Fair play no one has backed me up. Perhaps I am wrong . I think Dallaglio is an egomaniac twat anyway.

Didn't Dallaglio get in trouble with the drugs a few years back. (my English mate calls him 'Drug Dealer')

Maybe Laurence was hopped up on some angry drugs....or perhaps he doesn't like being benched, who knows...

Didn't Dallaglio get in trouble with the drugs a few years back. (my English mate calls him 'Drug Dealer')

Maybe Laurence was hopped up on some angry drugs....or perhaps he doesn't like being benched, who knows... [/b]
Yeah, about 8 years ago he lost the England captaincy for snorting cocaine. Shows the horrible sort of c*** he really is for doing that stuff.

<div class='quotemain'> Didn't Dallaglio get in trouble with the drugs a few years back. (my English mate calls him 'Drug Dealer')

Maybe Laurence was hopped up on some angry drugs....or perhaps he doesn't like being benched, who knows... [/b]
Yeah, about 8 years ago he lost the England captaincy for snorting cocaine. Shows the horrible sort of c*** he really is for doing that stuff. [/b][/quote]

Wasn't it just that that he was bigging himself to some attractive young under-cover journo. He was never actually caught at it....then again neither was Rio 'Forgetful' Ferdinand

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Didn't Dallaglio get in trouble with the drugs a few years back. (my English mate calls him 'Drug Dealer')

Yeah, about 8 years ago he lost the England captaincy for snorting cocaine. Shows the horrible sort of c*** he really is for doing that stuff. [/b][/quote]

Wasn't it just that that he was bigging himself to some attractive young under-cover journo. He was never actually caught at it....then again neither was Rio 'Forgetful' Ferdinand
[/b][/quote]

If he was "bigging himself up" to a tabloid reporter, it shows just how much of an idiot he really is. Would he have assumed a reporter wasn't going to publish that sort of scoop??? :lol:

Horrible Italian c***.

If he was "bigging himself up" to a tabloid reporter, it shows just how much of an idiot he really is. Would he have assumed a reporter wasn't going to publish that sort of scoop??? :lol:

Horrible Italian c***. [/b]

It was a setup as I remember. She was undercover, she was posing as a sponsor egging him on making out she wanted someone "Street" and asking him about drugs etc etc

But you have to wonder why they targeted him in the first place.

Wrong for him to have spoken out and it does smack a little of sour grapes. However, he has said in public what a lot of players (and fans) have been thinking. [/b]
It's easy to be the one who publicly agrees with the public. Old Man River doesn't have the balls to be a man and let his book sell itself. That's what happens when you sell out and let marketing people convince you that you are a "brand."
He just needs to be taken down a few notches...fly me to England, I'll see to it.

If i remember rightly he claimed (or at least the Journalist said so) to have sold Pills when he was a youngster. For all of his being a twat now his behaviour around the time of the Marchioness disaster should be left well alone. I'm not sure how i would have dealt with tragedy like that.

I would prefer the "what goes on tour stays on tour" metality to be adhered to but i can't help thinking that if any of the England players had read some of the comments about Ashton, Andrew, and half the players (mine included) they might not feel so bad about wanting to put there version of events into the media.

Rugby is a professional sport and the right of players to make money should not be hindered by the ethics of an amateur era. I don't like it but i don't see how we can have our cake and eat it.

<div class='quotemain'>

Horrible Italian c***. [/b]

It was a setup as I remember. She was undercover, she was posing as a sponsor egging him on making out she wanted someone "Street" and asking him about drugs etc etc

But you have to wonder why they targeted him in the first place.
[/b][/quote]

<Lawrence> Yes, I very much am 'into it' if you know what I mean?
<Female Reporter> *yawn*

<Lawrence> I have exactly two mercedes, I drive to the end of my drive (roughly twenty meters from my front door) just to collect the morning newspaper. My dear, I am much more bigger than two or even three pack.

<Female Reporter> There is no threepack you idiot, look, just snort this white power.

<Lawrence> White powder? Why? What is it?
<Female Reporter> Its the new prototype Flu Plus in powder form, gauranteed to make your cold or flu go away!
<Lawrence> Oh! Wow, I'll take five then! *snoooooort!*

And so a legend was born.....

<div class='quotemain'> I love Lawrence Dallaglio. [/b]
RC, are you sure you love lamp?

[/b][/quote]

He loves elderly people. In many sick and sordid ways.

<div class='quotemain'>
No doubt in the future Lol will be a great coach and leader of whoever he coaches and not just a pathetic yes man. [/b]

Sod that mate. If dayglo ever becomes national coach, I'll assume an Ahnuld' Schwarzenegger accent and start backing the Boks!

[/b][/quote]

From England to the Boks? God you like dull rugby!

OldThreadAlert.jpg

Latest posts