• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dean Richards grows a pair

B

Bullitt

http://www.union.quins.co.uk/news/10090.php

The Club fully accepts the verdicts and sanctions imposed upon the Club since it is accountable for the failings of its staff. During the course of this process Dean Richards unreservedly tendered his resignation from his post as Director of Rugby. The board of Harlequins has accepted his resignation.

DeanRichards.jpg

"Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey..."

Well to be honest i didnt expect that from the club.

Well done Harlequins for firing his ass. Now that some sort of Justice has been done, lets hope they can reduce the ban on Williams.

That'll never happen - The ERC won't want to be seen as have made a mistake now the judgement is passed. Too late for an appeal anyway.

That would be a damn shame to be honest.

I think the ERC (and IRB) would be happy enough to respond but I suppose its not that simple. Richards hasnt really been found guilty of anythign and he's the one they wanted to get. With that in mind I suppose your right, it doesnt look like anything has really changed in their eyes.

Richards resigns Harlequins post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ins/8191209.stm

Dean Richards has resigned from his position as director of rugby at Guinness Premiership side Harlequins.

_45628280_42329823.jpg

An unemployed bum. Yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More importantly now however, how long until the RFU offer him a position in the England setup?

Seeing as Cockerill will probably turn out to be not-all-that, how long before we see Richards back at Leicester?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Aug 8 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seeing as Cockerill will probably turn out to be not-all-that, how long before we see Richards back at Leicester?[/b]

Considering that <strike>they</strike> Neil Back treated him worse then <strike>they</strike> Neil Back did Loffreda, I'd bet at never.

Extra-legal justice is usually the best.

Nice sense of responsibility. Go rugby - right result, minimum fuss.

What a f***ing shame.

Harlequins had it all going so well. They had a squad that was really well bonded, packed with a lot of young English talent like Care, Strettle, Skinner, Robshaw, Monye, Turner-Hall etc. They made the playoffs and HC quarter finals playing some very nice rugby. Dean Richards was a great coach responisble for a lot of this growth. What's more, they're selling lots of tickets, they've got a great kit to market themselves on and being 'London's Pride'; plus they got 50,000 into Twickenham for an ordinary League Game.

Saracens are my team, but with Union and League I've been down to the Stoop one hell of a lot this year and have come to like Harlequins a lot. How stupid they have been to have seriously dented an excellent reputation; lost an excellent head coach; risk being thrown out of the world's premier club competition and also lose a loyal player for a year. Just for a REALLY trivial, mindless act. They've thrown it all away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 9 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a f***ing shame.

Harlequins had it all going so well. They had a squad that was really well bonded, packed with a lot of young English talent like Care, Strettle, Skinner, Robshaw, Monye, Turner-Hall etc. They made the playoffs and HC quarter finals playing some very nice rugby. Dean Richards was a great coach responisble for a lot of this growth. What's more, they're selling lots of tickets, they've got a great kit to market themselves on and being 'London's Pride'; plus they got 50,000 into Twickenham for an ordinary League Game.

Saracens are my team, but with Union and League I've been down to the Stoop one hell of a lot this year and have come to like Harlequins a lot. How stupid they have been to have seriously dented an excellent reputation; lost an excellent head coach; risk being thrown out of the world's premier club competition and also lose a loyal player for a year. Just for a REALLY trivial, mindless act. They've thrown it all away.[/b]

Jesus are you talking about the same Dean Richards as the rest of us.

Dirty cheating bastid comes to my mind. Maybe its a different guy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 10 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 9 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a f***ing shame.

Saracens are my team, but with Union and League I've been down to the Stoop one hell of a lot this year and have come to like Harlequins a lot. How stupid they have been to have seriously dented an excellent reputation; lost an excellent head coach; risk being thrown out of the world's premier club competition and also lose a loyal player for a year. Just for a REALLY trivial, mindless act. They've thrown it all away.[/b]

Jesus are you talking about the same Dean Richards as the rest of us.

Dirty cheating bastid comes to my mind. Maybe its a different guy.
[/b][/quote]

still was a great rugby player and has done a great job at quins.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 10 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
has done a great job at quins.[/b]
My objection was the way you say the club threw it all away. Richards was the director of rugby, he was in charge of all game day "activities" so it wasnt Harlequins who threw it away, it was Richards. He damaged the reputation of the club as a whole, encouraged a player to cheat and hung him out to dry when it came to a reckoning.

I suppose when you balance the positives with the negatives its not really that rosie a picture.

I really hope this draws a line under whats been a sorry affair for the club,, Thank god for Bath, without them all the attention would be on us!!

Hope now we can get someone in to keep the ship steady and let the squad continue to improve and play the same way before the start of the season.

Latest posts