• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Death of RC2006?

Y

yemster

I think the expectation of RC2006 being a great game has dampened since the recent reviews. I've noticed more action in the EA 2006 forum. I will be frank. Jonah lomu rugby was a great rugby game and had both simulation and practical arcade fun, the combination worked. I and quite a lot of rugby fans waited for the next gen consoles to replicate that brilliance. WCR was a collusion, a gimmic of the sport a bit like nba jam for basketball. I especially didn't like the scrums and the 'charge tackling'. It wasn't challenging and there was not enough substance.

If trevor and the rest at swordfish want to create a game that excite rugby gamers and install loyalty to future products they should take a leaf out of the guys who work on pro evolution soccer. I have played iss ( as it was called) or Pro evolution since it was on the Playstation one and bought every single one uptil now on the Playstation 2 and look foward to the Playstation 3 version. The guys that develop Pro evo have developed the natural and realistic football mannerisms over about 8 years tweeking it with every new release. Their product at this time is regarded as the most realistic football sim/arcade. They have fought against EA for loyalty, licensing monopolies and budjets have stood in their way but quality surpasses anything. They now have most of the licenses and real footballers like thierry henry and football referee perluigi collina have endorsed the game. I hope you guys can achieve this as that's what gamers , rugby fans and everyone in the forums wants.

Don't waste your breath. This is the last rugby game Swordfish are making
<
Waa....Waaaaa......wawawahahwah..The good times are over....
<

Have you played this game, whoever-you-are? No, thought not. Shut the f*** up.

no i haven't and when i do i will decide if it's a good game or not. I am not criticising the game negatively i really hope it's good but i am adding to the debate which started after the review. So call down... names yemster

hey yemster, i think until youve played the game you cant really say much. and i havent heard of anyone who has been following the game for more than the 2 weeks you probably have has stated that theyve given up and are no longer buying it. who cares what other think, at the end of the day thats just opinion. personally, i cant wait to buy it and playtest the game.

Well I am buying both RC2006 and EA2006 (pending lox's insight) on the day they come out.

Theres no doubt i am getting RC2006..my pre-order will be in the weeks to come

EA is looking very touched up indeed
RC2006 already rated, by independent reviews, and TRF members, which is way more credible than magazines with affiliation.

My opinion stands now, that both ***les will excel in different areas.
RC2006 for fast, action packed rugby, that will exceed in multiplayer
R2006, for simulated, tactical rugby, that will exceed in single player.....I still hold the opinion that EA2006 will be ruined in 2 player due to a few bugs....

Half Baked Studios, have NEVER, EVER, EVER released a game with a 2 player rorting bug/glitch/gripe, that ruins the whole experience.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If trevor and the rest at swordfish want to create a game that excite rugby gamers and install loyalty to future products they should take a leaf out of the guys who work on pro evolution soccer.[/b]

Isn't that the standard reply for EVERY sports game that comes out without the words Pro Evo and Soccer somewhere in the ***le????

The Kjonami (old skool, lol) is THE benchmark sports game out there but it is also a ***le that has gone through at least 8 versions before arriving at the perfection it is today, from the early SNES ***les right through to the current game.

Its also got a staff roster and budget that would dwarf those of Sidhe and Swordfish, I would imagine.

hey there freckles - im sorry to crash your boat - but the guys who have actually played the game have gave it solid enough reviews and thats who i will be listening to.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 13 2006, 10:37 PM
hey there freckles - im sorry to crash your boat - but the guys who have actually played the game have gave it solid enough reviews and thats who i will be listening to.
Fair enough, that's all well and good. But don't forget you have a mind of your own (however pathetic it may be), and you can decide on the game yourself.

Oh shut up feather-butt.

Get it? You have geese up your arse hahaha I'm funny like Air Ben.

I guess Yemster did come across a little opinionated for a newbie, but it doesn't warrant telling him to shut the f**k up. Aren't we supposed to be a little more touchy-feely than that?

Kaftka you could show him your banana?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, gentlemen.

I'm not in agreement with yemster, I think that his outlook is somewhat pessimistic. As easy as it is to do, it is far from appropriate to want everything to be like PES5 isn't it?

1) All games would become similar and ultimately tedious.

2) Not all companies possess the (presumably) huge budget that Konami has. And with the money they make, Konami are, in my opinion, disgustingly lazy with the way they go about NOT getting licenses.

Latest posts