• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 1

Good points raziel, what a waste. I was sort of looking forward to it in time for christmas, but FEB? No, that is just to long.

Trev, you should take note of the comments on this board about this and pass them on

You all complain that Swordfish might not make another game!

I wonder why.
<

Mabye it's because you all whinge so much. I'll gladly wait until the game is ready, 2 or 3 months is hardly going to ruin your life is it?

If so, get a grip, if not then deal with it like a normal person.

On a lighter note, cheers for the info Trev, much appreciated as always.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Nov 29 2005, 07:42 AM

I wonder why.
<

Mabye it's because you all whinge so much. I'll gladly wait until the game is ready, 2 or 3 months is hardly going to ruin your life is it?

The game is ready, it is all done and finished - just waiting to be shipped.

Originally posted by sean43+Nov 28 2005, 08:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Nov 28 2005, 08:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Nov 29 2005, 07:42 AM

I wonder why. 
<

The game is ready, it is all done and finished - just waiting to be shipped. [/b]
Thanks Mr Swordfish/Ubisoft employee sir.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Nov 29 2005, 07:42 AM

I wonder why.
<

I hardly think that Swordfish won't make another game just because there is whinging going on... it s not really much of a basis on running a games company is it???

And on the matter of waiting until the game is ready - It is!!! and has been for some time

I'm quite happy to wait if Swordfish are going to carry on development of the game until close to release - but will they? I highly doubt it, the game has its development cycle and thats it; maybe it will overrun (as RC2006 did) but to complete the game and then decide to add in some extras? I don't think thats ever happened for any game.

... and sure the wait is not gonna ruin any lives, its just disappointing to hear that its gonna be pushed back when we know its ready (bar mass production) to hit the shelves now

I'm waiting; same way I waited from when it was first mentioned the game was gonna be made; and the same way I have to wait for every other game that I would like to have... doesn't mean I can let my thoughts on waiting be known tho
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Nov 28 2005, 08:58 PM
I'm waiting; same way I waited from when it was first mentioned the game was gonna be made; and the same way I have to wait for every other game that I would like to have... doesn't mean I can let my thoughts on waiting be known tho
<
It was directed more at the people who now seem to be refusing to buy the game due to a possible slipped release date.

To those people...grow up.

i want the game so bad, is it possible now its been delayed for some footage or even a demo.

I blame Loratadine.

Trev's announcement came right after Lora posted that he is "quietly confident" that it will be released this year.

Jesus Lora, first the Lions, then the Welsh, and now this? What's next?

Way to go...

<

ahhh... i see where youre coming from...

try this for size... i think the game will be out in feb
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 29 2005, 09:02 AM
ahhh... i see where youre coming from...

try this for size... i think the game will be out in feb
<

Yup ... Easter it is now.
<

Just kidding Lora.

Can I just say that this is just my reading of the situation - a Feb release is not definite. I'm just looking at the logistics and the fact that the marketing is not ramping up yet.

Also the fact that many stores are saying Feb 06 is just too suspicious.

If you decide not to buyit on the strength of the release date, then I guess I should apologise on behalf of my publishing partners.
<

You may change your mind when you see the game tho.

I will buy this game no matter when it comes because im a sucker for rugby games, but I cringe when i think about the amount of sales they will lose due to this delay. I think that after the way this game has been thrown around by the publishers and delayed it might be financially unfeasable for swordfish to make another one, which is a shame because it finally seems like someone got a rugby game right.

Trev

What are the chances that the publishers wont tell you the release date, until a week beforehand

ie it comes out this week, and u get told the day before

it appears this is falling into oblivion, and perhaps you are part of the oblivion.

retailers everywhere say the 1st or 2nd of december
<

they don't really know it seems. ubisoft seem to be pulling all the strings and poor trev and the rest of swordfish seem to be left in the dark. it would seem crazy to miss the christmas rush and higher sales around this period. we can only hope that the game does come out this year. and to sean43 just because the game isn't releasing in your perfect window is no reason to not buy the game. if it is delayed till feb there better be some marketing happening and maybe a demo

this games too good not to buy, but it would be nice to have something to tide us over, like a demo?

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 29 2005, 09:56 AM
What are the chances that the publishers wont tell you the release date, until a week beforehand

ie it comes out this week, and u get told the day before

Entirely possible - the chain from developer (Swordfish) to publisher (Ubisoft) is disconnected because of the situation with Hip.

However, I will say that it's impossible for any version to be released on 01 Dec.

The PS2 version 'could' ship middle of Dec but Xbox will be next year now I think. PC? ... God knows.
<

There are some other complications as well which I cannot talk about. I'm trying to get hold of someone at Ubisoft who knows for sure and when I do I will post it here - even if it's bad news.

god youre a great guy trev, and im sure i speak for everyone when i say we really appreicate you coming on here, i for one will buy this game whenever it comes out, i will be disspointed if it comes out in feb, but it will not deter me.

i thought that the french ubisoft website had the release date down at december.

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 29 2005, 10:59 AM
i thought that the french ubisoft website had the release date down at december.
It does, it has been changed recently.

Amazon france changed its release date today from the 8th to the 15th of December. I'm no logistic expert, but I presume someone at Ubisoft told them to do so, they're not wild guessing such a precise date.

In the other hand, one game published by ubisoft (Tales of eternia/PSP) was planned to mid-november and ubisoft decided to push it back to Q1 2006. The release dates on websites like amazon instantly changed to january 2006.

It means that when ubi decides to push back a ***le for sure, the information passes on, the ubi website is updated as well as online resellers'.

So my guess is that Ubi WANTS to release the game in december, but something (HIP/VUG ?) prevents them to do so. I think they still believe in a december release date, otherwise they'd have made things clear, like for Tales of Eternia.

Or maybe I'm just way too much hopeful
<

trev you are a deadset legend. thanks for keeping us updated in what must be tricky times for swordfish.

Latest posts