• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 1

Originally posted by Darhf+Nov 29 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darhf @ Nov 29 2005, 11:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Nov 29 2005, 10:59 AM
i thought that the french ubisoft website had the release date down at december.
It does, it has been changed recently.

Amazon france changed its release date today from the 8th to the 15th of December. I'm no logistic expert, but I presume someone at Ubisoft told them to do so, they're not wild guessing such a precise date.

In the other hand, one game published by ubisoft (Tales of eternia/PSP) was planned to mid-november and ubisoft decided to push it back to Q1 2006. The release dates on websites like amazon instantly changed to january 2006.

It means that when ubi decides to push back a ***le for sure, the information passes on, the ubi website is updated as well as online resellers'.

So my guess is that Ubi WANTS to release the game in december, but something (HIP/VUG ?) prevents them to do so. I think they still believe in a december release date, otherwise they'd have made things clear, like for Tales of Eternia.

Or maybe I'm just way too much hopeful
<
[/b]
here's a reply from dvdcrave.com.au

Hi,

At this time this is the advertised date on the distributors web site. Of
course until stock actually arrives everything is subject to change but we
do not anticipate any delays for this ***le.

well i guess..............its a guessing game.........until Trev says so

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 29 2005, 10:55 AM
but Xbox will be next year now I think.
excuse me trevor..cough

WELL DAT JUS f***IN SUX.....

anyways...i hope you are a way ward thinker,id like the game to come out tomorrow
<

#1 HIP INTERACTIVE EUROPE ANNOUNCES RUGBY CHALLENGE 2006 ***LE WITH SWORDFISH STUDIOS

#2 HIP GAMESâ"¢ ANNOUNCES GHOST WARSâ"¢, A New Era of Real Time Strategy Gaming begins

#3 Hip Interactive Europe awarded Best Newcomer at the prestigious MCV Awards 2005

#4 Come and meet all the team at from Hip Interactive at the E3 expo from May 18 th to May 20 th

#5 Street Racing Syndicateâ"¢ coming to PC!

[PARIAH]
Visit PARIAH official website
GO

[STOLEN]
Visit STOLEN official website
GO

[CTSF FIRE FOR EFFECT]
Visit CTSF FFE official website
GO

name date platform

Ghost Warsâ"¢ 1st quarter 2006 PC

Garfield - Saving Arlene 4th quarter 2005 PS2

Garfield - Saving Arlene 4th quarter 2005 PC

Rugby Challenge 2006 3rd quarter 2005 PS2

Rugby Challenge 2006 3rd quarter 2005 XBOX

Rugby Challenge 2006 3rd quarter 2005 PC

Pariah 2005-05-06 XBOX

Pariah 2005-05-06 PC

SRS (Street Racing Syndicateâ"¢) 2005-03-01 PC

Stolen 2005-03-01

IF HIP HAVE NOT EVEN GOT THE CORRECT RELEASE DATE WHAT HOPE DO WE HAVE!!!! (This is from Hips website)

HIP INTERACTIVE UK Ltd

83 Victoria Street
London
SW1H 0HW
England
Switchboard : +44 (0)207 078 6430
Fax : +44 (0)207 078 6431

Tried calling no luck
<

Calling from abroad so struggling to get through!! Why don`t one of you in the UK try.

Originally posted by Darhf@Nov 29 2005, 11:39 AM
So my guess is that Ubi WANTS to release the game in december, but something (HIP/VUG ?) prevents them to do so.

The decision on a release date will be made entirely by Ubisoft. That's a definite. Hip have licensed it onto them and have no say any longer - don't waste your cash calling Hip. VUG are our parent company and have less say than I do ... which is diddly anyway. VUG just want us to ship this damn thing and get it out of the way - they have a very cool project for us to work on.
<

well that is a bit sad. everyone is in the dark then execpt for ubisoft as to when the game is released. Yeah I guess VUG would be getting bit impatient has they have a project waiting for you guys to do. Hopefully its another sports game
<
one can only hope and hope that ubisoft release rc2006 soon

Is it a sequel to Cold Winter?

I only played for about 10 seconds but that game seemed pretty cool.

Get it!? COOL?? Hahaha....

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 30 2005, 11:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 30 2005, 11:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darhf
@Nov 29 2005, 11:39 AM
So my guess is that Ubi WANTS to release the game in december, but something (HIP/VUG ?) prevents them to do so.

The decision on a release date will be made entirely by Ubisoft. That's a definite. Hip have licensed it onto them and have no say any longer - don't waste your cash calling Hip. VUG are our parent company and have less say than I do ... which is diddly anyway. VUG just want us to ship this damn thing and get it out of the way - they have a very cool project for us to work on.
<
[/b]
Yeah, I meant "something related to VUG buying HIP".

Like, reprinting the manuals to include VUG support phone numbers, repackaging the game, or some more obscure legal stuff.

Anyway, you sure know more than I do
<

Another french reseller changed its release date to the 15th btw.

Most of the Australian Game sites r now saying 21st of March 2006.....which is disappointing!
<

gameplanet nz still have mid december release and they are normally pretty good with dates. ubisoft are the only ones that know and at this stage they aren't letting anything out of the bag release date or other media

This game has been, in my opinion, been delayed big-time. I do not expect to see it anytime this year. If EA Games get their way it will be released after Rugby 2006 or buried never to be seen again.

Maybe we need to fund someone to engage in a bit of industrial espionage and capture a copy of this game.

NB: bigTen in no way condones any direct or indirect act or acts of industrial espionage, theft, capture, relocation, software terrorism, sedition, copyright infringement or anything else that may get bigTen or anyone else in trouble with ASIO, or any other secret police or governmental organisation, or private corporation that has the powers to lock you up somwhere (including a South Australian secret desert prison or institution) and withholding any rights to legal representation or due process or fair and legal trial.

Give me 50 bucks, a balaclava, and a rubber band, and I'll have it on your doorstep by Saturday.

hell yea this is real disappointing that the game is getting delayed possibly until february!
i'll still definately get it tho..

Originally posted by BigTen@Nov 30 2005, 04:23 PM
This game has been, in my opinion, been delayed big-time.
Initial release date was September! You worked that out all on your own? Good boy.

It better be out bloody soon. I am getting fed-up and frustrated slightly.

If we had a release date set in stone then things would be alot better but, as long as it get released and in the near future.

Im just hoping they are'nt having second thoughts about the game.

Latest posts